Bodyslide 2 Questions

Hi All,

I am attempting to learn body slide and have a question that I cant find the answer to.  I am sure someone out there can answer it and maybe I am just clueless and not getting it, if so I apologize for wasting others time with this.  My question is about file structure and purpose and is really several questions.

1.  In one of the readme files it said to place the Bodyslide folder under the data folder.  However it appears to go in data\CalienteTools\bodyslide rather than data\bodyslide.  I have tried it both ways and it seems to work either way, which has me completely confused on where it should go.  It seems like it should be in data\calienteTools\bodyslide. Is this correct?

2.  There are 4 folders for some bodyslide files I have downloaded, 3 for others and two for others.  The folders are.  ShapeData, Slider Groups, SliderPresets, and SliderSets.  I have read through the official tutorial and other stuff but do not really understand what the files in each folder are required for.  So I break this question up into 4 parts below, and am really looking for confirmation that I have it right, or am wrong and where I am wrong:

• 2a: ShapeData - Contains a .NIF, .XML and .BSD for each region of an armor model (IE belly, brests, butt, arms, feet...).  Is this right?
    • Are all three files required to have it work correctly, or are some optional? 
  • 2b: SliderGroups - Contains an XML file that seems to define the items that need to be modified for Bodyslide?  Also seems to be optional as may bodyslide definitions that I download do not have this folder or file.
    • Do those bodyslide definitions use a default file of some type for this if its missing?
  • 2c: SliderPresets - contains XML that defines preset sliders.  Seems completely unnecessary for armor, very needed for body.  Most armors do not include.  Is this accurate?  I am fairly sure I understand this file correctly. 
    • Perhaps this also defines the base vertices to be worked from in order to get the difference for the sliders?
  • 2d: SliderSets -  contains XML file that appears to tell bodyslide which .BSD files to use in combination with which .NIF files to determine the amount of slide in combination with SliderPresets XML?  Looks like this is the file that connects it all together for bodyslide.

3.  Assuming the above is somewhat right, in order to have a working bodyslide configuraiton we have to have a sliderPreset XML to use (but could be the base CBBE or other body type (like 7B which is all ready there), a slidersets file and all the shape data (.NIF, XLM and .BSD files).  Is this right?

Also if this is the wrong place for this I am sorry, tell me the right place.  I am attempting to get a better understand of bodyslide (specifically its file structure and file types) so that I can make my own alterations to armor and maybe share some of them with the community.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

1.) BodySlide can be used from anywhere, even from the Desktop. However you should install it to the recommended path for maximum compatibility with Mod Organizer or Nexus Mod Manager to install BodySlide addons with.

2a.) ShapeData contains NIF's and BSD's, no XML's though. NIF and BSD are required when you share a conversion you made.

2b.) SliderGroups XML files are needed to bind several outfits into one package, so that presets you save for that group only appear for that group. Plus, it makes batch building easier as you can select the group in the group filter resulting in less outfits appearing in the Batch Build dialog window.

2c.) SliderPresets XML files don't have to be included when sharing a conversion. All they are used for is to save slider positions so you don't have to re-do them every time you start the program or switch to another outfit. Like bookmarks for an internet browser.

2d.) Yes, but slider presets don't have any direct effect on the slider set.

3.) So to share a BodySlide conversion, you have to create it in Outfit Studio, save it and include your SliderSet.xml, the folder that was created inside of ShapeData with all of its NIF and BSD files, plus optionally a Group.xml file if you feel like it makes sense to bind several outfits together. The group XML's have to be copied and edited from another group manually.

1.) BodySlide can be used from anywhere, even from the Desktop. However you should install it to the recommended path for maximum compatibility with Mod Organizer or Nexus Mod Manager to install BodySlide addons with.

2a.) ShapeData contains NIF's and BSD's, no XML's though. NIF and BSD are required when you share a conversion you made.

2b.) SliderGroups XML files are needed to bind several outfits into one package, so that presets you save for that group only appear for that group. Plus, it makes batch building easier as you can select the group in the group filter resulting in less outfits appearing in the Batch Build dialog window.

2c.) SliderPresets XML files don't have to be included when sharing a conversion. All they are used for is to save slider positions so you don't have to re-do them every time you start the program or switch to another outfit. Like bookmarks for an internet browser.

3.) So to share a BodySlide conversion, you have to create it in Outfit Studio, save it and include your SliderSet.xml, the folder that was created inside of ShapeData with all of its NIF and BSD files, plus optionally a Group.xml file if you feel like it makes sense to bind several outfits together. The group XML's have to be copied and edited from another group manually.

On 2 2a, does this mean that if a downloaded file does not have .NIF files its using the .NIFs from the original armor package or is it just messed up and wont work correctly?

On 2 2a, does this mean that if a downloaded file does not have .NIF files its using the .NIFs from the original armor package or is it just messed up and wont work correctly?

BodySlide won't be able to load up the outfit that way. You have to include the NIF when you share your BodySlide conversion with others.

If you don't include the NIF and load up the outfit, BodySlide will bug out or crash. It won't search for another NIF in the game folder or the ShapeData folder (unless you change the link in the sliderset.xml to the NIF manually, which only works inside of the ShapeData folder since that's where the NIF has to be).

Archived