Tes5Edit Question

you would probably need the creation kit for skyrim. i have used the geck for fnv and it should be similar enough. once you get that going, look for your weapon in the object window. right click on it and select edit. your probably interested in the "equip type" setting. good luck and let me know if there are differences in the 2 creation kits causing you some difficulties.

you would probably need the creation kit for skyrim. i have used the geck for fnv and it should be similar enough. once you get that going, look for your weapon in the object window. right click on it and select edit. your probably interested in the "equip type" setting. good luck and let me know if there are differences in the 2 creation kits causing you some difficulties.

Riiight.. Thanks for the Reply, and where would I be able to get this Creation kit ? Google it and thats it ?

And by curiosity, Are you french ?

How does Creation kit even work.. Its.. Bad.. Real... bad.. 

it is available on steam, but it can be found elsewhere (google). i am not french, but i can trace my lineage back to william the conqueror and his grandfather, rollo the viking - first duke of normandy. as for my signature, those are just ideals that everyone should live by, but the french coined it first, and alot of people died to defend it, so i keep it in the french language to honor them and their beliefs.

looks exactly like the geck. did you extract it to your skyrim directory? if you can get it running, click on the folder button in the top left corner, that is where you select your data files. if your weapon is in a mod, load that mod. if you are modifying a vanilla weapon, just load up the main esm, and the dlcs if it is those. you will only have to use the object window (your lucky) look for weapons, search for your target.

looks exactly like the geck. did you extract it to your skyrim directory? if you can get it running, click on the folder button in the top left corner, that is where you select your data files. if your weapon is in a mod, load that mod. if you are modifying a vanilla weapon, just load up the main esm, and the dlcs if it is those. you will only have to use the object window (your lucky) look for weapons, search for your target.

Mk.. Sooo I got it to work(finally) after looking around, had to go in the Ini file, change some stuff. I managed to change them all and had its animation type as a dagger, But the place the blade is, stays as a Normal One handed. (I have the back hip dagger installed, I wanted them there. )

Soooo yea.. I got the animation to work at least. Buuuut no luck on them becoming daggers to put them onto my back. 

oh. you want to change the actual mesh and textures. not simple. at all.

Oooh.. Thats what it needs ? I thought You needed to change it to be a dagger weapon, its one handed. Like.. 

One-handed to dagger kind of deal. 

It requires an actual Mesh and texture change ? 

but animation type and equip type are 2 different settings if thats what you mean. if you want to change the size yes meshes and textures time.

Naaah I don,t want to change the size at all xD I just want the Equip type to be a Dagger. So once I equip it, Back hip dagger mod senses their daggers and puts them on my back, instead of on the side xD; 

No mesh change at all required.. Well.. shouldn't have any. 

i love to help people learn, because someone helped me. no problem, and you are not..... slow, at this or anything. try the art and sound tab and see if it has "hand grip", "attack anim" or "animation type". some trial and error involving loading the game up every time to check what your changes did will be required. also, if it changes the modified date on your esp, you will have to toggle archive invalidation to see the changes, probably, but toggle it anyway to save hastles.

i love to help people learn, because someone helped me. no problem, and you are not..... slow, at this or anything. try the art and sound tab and see if it has "hand grip", "attack anim" or "animation type". some trial and error involving loading the game up every time to check what your changes did will be required. also, if it changes the modified date on your esp, you will have to toggle archive invalidation to see the changes, probably, but toggle it anyway to save hastles.

I don't see hand grip, but attack anim is there, I already switched that one to the Dagger one. Its the thing that I told you worked. But I didn't say the right hand weapon is invisible. Though, where should I toggle the Archive invalidation ? The kit's options ? 

also click edit on a dagger that you want to immitate and look at it's settings and see if that doesn't help you out some.

Seems like After I edit the item into what should turn it into a dagger, the game opens up, but Starts not working at the loading screen and stays frozen like that until I close it. Music still plays in the background though. 

i don't really know what you could have done to cause that. changing those settings to a valid selection should not cause any problems. and those settings are valid for the dagger that is working in the game. just start over. if you have managed to mess up your plugin, it is easily fixed by deleting that plugin, and restoring the original. there are some basic instructions on how to use kit here. http://www.creationkit.com/

i would try it but i don't own skyrim. i just know how they made the creation kit and it's similarities to the geck for new vegas. i will see if i can download the creation kit anyway and see if i can get that plugin to load without skyrim, (i will kiss my own ass if i can, so don't get your hopes up) and also, please do not save any of these "test loads" i would start a new game to make sure that all plugins are being totally reloaded as well.

i would try it but i don't own skyrim. i just know how they made the creation kit and it's similarities to the geck for new vegas. i will see if i can download the creation kit anyway and see if i can get that plugin to load without skyrim, (i will kiss my own ass if i can, so don't get your hopes up) and also, please do not save any of these "test loads" i would start a new game to make sure that all plugins are being totally reloaded as well.

I tried to make a new game, It loaded, but I still have the same problem. Its just invisible ;s 

aaand not on my back hip xD;