Racemenu Stockings Plugin

RaulCuevas

Yo! I reciently updated my Racemenu mod, and started playing with the overlay options of the creation menu. While I played around with some tattoo and makeup plugins (the Coenaculi in Nexus, if somebody is interested), I took a look at the pantyhose plugin conversion, provided in the list of the awesome work by Belisario (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10341-conversions-for-unpb-with-bbp/), and I was amazed at the quality of the stuff, as well as the posibilities this offers. The fact that you can have the texture overlay that looks detailed and totally as a stocking, coloreable the way you like, that may als glow, and fit with any heels, boots or clothing it's AMAZING!

Anyway, the thing is I really hate pantyhose, but I love thigh high stockings and nylons; the plugin provides mostly pantyhose (obviously), some (nice) bodystockings, and only two (awesome) kind of stockings: normal and fishnet.

I was wondering, has anybody done another pugin focusing mainly in stockings? Like, different patterns, lacy stockings tops, plain tops, and other variations? I would be amazed if somebody hasn't done this yet!

Any info? Or anyone planning on releasing something like that? :)

Thanks you Winni257! I actually use those stockings in my character and they are beautiful; however, as Uriel mentioned, those are not Racemenu overlays. It would be wonderful to find those textures available in that format.

Daycrist - But, if you use Racemenu in the first place, that wouldn't be an issue at all, would it? Using the precache killer, opening the Racemenu to change only aesthetics (not the race or sex) ain't a problem at all. In fact, I found it very practical, since you don't clutter your inventory, don't use a equipment slot and can change them to whatever color you want, anytime. Plus, they "fit" perfectly and look perfect.

But to do this requires creating skin meshes of stockings for feet and legs as it would need 2 different overlays to do the stocking whereas an armor is just 1 mesh easier to create

You lost me here.

Look at the B3lisario's plugin, open a texture and find out how it's done. It works pretty good even with diffuse texture only. It just needs to use the same UV mapping as a body.

The biggest problem with the stocking overlays is they can never be removed unless you use Race Menu to remove them so most people don't use them as overlays

There is a standalone version. It uses scripted items, same as equipping a normal item, but this item has no model and has an attached script that will apply the overlay when equipped and remove when unequipped.

yes but that is an equipable item the person just wants an overlay plugin for Race Menu. And as for the first part when you use overlays in race menu it has 4-5 parts for overlays say I go to body textures for the stocking overlay. I choose the stocking well the stocking will only cover the legs and stop at the ankle not covering the feet. Now I have to go to the feet and overlay a new texture for the feet and hope it lines up

yes but that is an equipable item the person just wants an overlay plugin for Race Menu. And as for the first part when you use overlays in race menu it has 4-5 parts for overlays say I go to body textures for the stocking overlay. I choose the stocking well the stocking will only cover the legs and stop at the ankle not covering the feet. Now I have to go to the feet and overlay a new texture for the feet and hope it lines up

You're wrong. I unpacked the textures from said mod, and while in race menu they use two overlay sections in order to cover all the leg (body section and feet section, and the stockings covers up to the thighs, not the ankle), the texture is only one, used in both sections. And it's mapped to fit perfectly in whatever area it goes, the modder didn't just "hoped it lined up" correctly.

Anyway, I have little experience working with textures, I can mess around with them using the "normal" image, say, editing a plain 2d texture, but have no clue on how to work in alpha cannels and so; i tried modifying the texture of one pantyhose to make it a stocking, and I think I got the right track, but the final work is pretty much mediocre. 

I'm trying to learn, but in the meantime, that's why I asked. I'm surprised there is no other plugin similar to the one in the thread of Belisario, since que possibilities are endless.

good idea
since I'm very new to the skyrim modding, it will be so nice if anyone can help with my 2 questions

the first is the share for those overlay, will they rendered together with the skin (just some texture blended)or they can have their own shader without further codes?
the other is, how many channel we can use in overlay? or at least will the normal map works?
thanks in advance

So that's it? No one is interested in sexy stockings that can change color easily? :P

First the post is very new and rarely does a general idea get taken up by a modder, many may like to use such a mod but few step up to make it.

The best option would be to modify B3lisario's textures as you have started to do, modders are much more likely to respond to requests for advice on how you can do a task than to a do this for me request.

The first step that seems obvious (without knowing anything about it) would be a simple cutting off of the top part of the pantyhose to produce instant stockings.

Technically Alpha channel appears to be treated as though a 4th colour slider using GIMP on photos.

Textures require the correct Tools for best results 3DSMax or Blender. I'm not a modder though so you would need better info than this.

Blender is free and open source.

If you are just using a photo editor like GIMP or Photoshop for the test version using Blender / 3DSMax is going to produce better results.

Otherwise you can hope an experienced modder picks this up but most have their own priorities, even when a mod converter asks for requests for clothing and/or armour conversions, they are really just getting others to find the mods they want to convert.

Nothing wrong with that as to do a good job they must actually want to do it, the method allows them to convert instead of search, all benefit from it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this only for Unp or it works for CBBE? It is great idea and now when theres mod like vanity mirror you can easily change stockings without any fear of messing up your character stats...

Archived