Another Butt-jiggle topic

toastie2035

Hey guys,

Somewhat new to all this HDT stuff, but I've been reading what I can and you all have been incredibly informative.

It should be noted that I have little to no knoweledge of xml.

Anyway, onto my main question:

I'm having some serious trouble adjusting the butt-jiggle to my personal taste.  With past versions of HDT and the defaultBBP.xml I was able to set it my liking by using this guide and adjusting the SpringConstant and SpringDamping numbers, but with the newer version (10-24 stable) and blabba's HDT Body Customized Bounce Kit - BETA Belly Support BETA v3.1 I'm having difficulty locating the proper values.  I've tried using JFF but have had little to no luck.  Anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys.

In JFF the numbers you want are under Constraints, which is a panel that is way down at the bottom of the screen. Click it.

Constraints > NPC L Butt;NPC L PreButt > Normal tab > Linear Limits tab > Linear Motor X/Y/Z, far right, click the down arrow.

Yeah it's kinda buried. Change the value, press enter first, THEN click OK. If you click ok too fast it won't save the new value.

But what I would recommend is

1. go get Microsofts XML Notepad.
  2. Use JFF to set the value to something obscure and unique (like 987.654)
  3. open the xml in XML Notepad
  4. search for 987.654
  5. change the value here.

JFF is great for the interface and having things in one place... But it can be kinda clicky. If you're just changing 1 value A LOT while you make it perfect, using xml notepad is much quicker. Change the value, ctrl s, reload the cell. 

You know what? I think Ima make a quick guide. 

Archived