[CONCEPT/IDEA] 3D Color Changing Pubic Hair Slider

Z0mBieP00Nani

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I've looked for a while (maybe in the wrong places) and I haven't been able to find a pube hair mod (outside of something that can be equipped and unequipped) that does not revert back to its original default color after reloading a game or equipping and unequipping an armor or clothes item.

I'm a noob when it comes to NifSkope and really anything outside of textures; I've put forth some effort on this topic, but gotten no farther than anyone else before, so I have decided to share my thoughts here in the hopes that someone may be able to offer some advice or take over the idea entirely. Obviously the hair meshes for the head do not revert back to thier original default color after loading a save game or equipping and unequipping a hat or helmet, and I was wondering if the reason for that might have something to do with tri files. I'm aware that tri files only seem to apply to head based meshes; my thought is would it be possible to then create a pube hair mesh(s) around the same bones or nodes the head and hair are attatched to, create a tri file for the mesh(s), and then have them show up in a race menu slider as an additional "Pube Hair" slider with the color slider being linked to the default hair color slider? Most importantly, I'm wondering if a set up like that would fix the save game/clothing and armor color changing issue?

Archived