Creation Kit won't start

I know this has been an issue since it has first been released, but none of solutions have worked for me. Every time I start up the CK, the menus will pop up  for one second, and then close. Anyone possibly have a fix I haven't tried?

Still crashes.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: CreationKit.exe
  Application Version: 1.9.32.0
  Application Timestamp: 51437c1c
  Fault Module Name: CreationKit.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.9.32.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 51437c1c
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00788bec
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

if this helps.

Well after downloading your version, which shows up as an older one, it still crashes. Look: 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: CreationKit.exe
  Application Version: 1.8.151.0
  Application Timestamp: 5086bd91
  Fault Module Name: CreationKit.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.8.151.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5086bd91
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0078837c
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ok, I made mistake when said that you have to install Ck in Skyrim/Data folder. Actually, it has to be extracted in Skyrim root folder  and must contain the TESV.exe file where you extract it.

Also, did you delete all related files from non working Ck before installing new one. If you did correctly, during the copying extracted CK files, Windows will ask you "Are you sure you want to overwrite existing files". You have to confirm - yes. Without it, it won't work, because the program needs to overwrite certain files in Skyrim root directory.

CK needs to recognize TESV file. It will not overwrite it, only certain files such as DATA, LEX, LOGS, etc. so that it can load meshes and stuff into own program for further editing and creating.

Stupid me, I forgot to mention important thing: When start the mine NoSteam version, you will get and error opening files message, but ignore it and the program will continue to run.

Here is the small trick: When copy and overwrite CK folder into Skyrim root directory, open CK folder and copy CreatioKit.exe into root directory. Only CreationKit.exe, since the program will not run CK exe from its own folder.

It has to look like this: D:games/Elder Scrolls V Skyrim/The.Elder.Scrolls.V.Skyrim.Creation.Kit.v1.8.151.0. Open  The.Elder.Scrolls.V.Skyrim.Creation.Kit.v1.8.151.0 folder and copy CreationKit.exe into D:Games/Elder Scrolls VSkyrim. Then click on copied exe file and start the program.

It must work. I just check it and reinstalled CK in the same way I described to you. If it doesn't, I don't know what else I can say.

Okay I got it to stop closing, and it gets to the error message, but when I click "yes to all" CK just stops responding, or it's loading something huge, which I don't think it should be loading anything large yet. 

Did you do this:

Here is the small trick: When copy and overwrite CK folder into Skyrim root directory, open CK folder and copy CreatioKit.exe into root directory. Only CreationKit.exe, since the program will not run CK exe from its own folder.

Then Star CreatinKit.exe from Skyrim root directory.

post-179217-0-98041100-1397227884_thumb.jpg

OK, let's try this: Open The.Elder.Scrolls.V.Skyrim.Creation.Kit.v1.8.151.0 and copy ALL content into Skyrim root directory ( D:Games/Elder Scrolls V Skyrim). Overwrite all, if asked. This MUST work. IT MUST.

If it doesn't work for any reason, then I'm truly sorry. Have no more ideas.

I'm going to try moving my directory, before I try your version again. I'm backing up 250gb of stuff so it's going to take a good while.

Archived