View File

REQUIRES A WORKING SKSE INSTALLATION OF AT LEAST V1.06.00 OR BETTER!

REQUIRES FNIS!

ANIMATIONS NOT INCLUDED!

WHAT IT IS

Based on True Player Idling this mod makes your character automatically pick various idle animations, that you have chosen, randomly. Allows for 20 different idles played at random.

INSTALLATION

Extract the contents of the archive into your data folder. Activate the esp. (You've done it a million times, at least! XD)

IMPORTANT!

Put your favourite idle animations (e.g. Pretty Female Idles) into "Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations\PlayRandomIdle" and name them "PRI001.hkx" to "PRI020.hkx". Run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe. Done.

NOTE!

It's best to activate the esp after Helgen.

I haven't tested the mod with less than 20 idles/hkx files in the folder. I don't know what happens if there aren't enough files. Things might get weird, T-poses, Armageddon...

UPGRADE/UNINSTALLATION

Open the Play Random Idle menu and (IMPORTANT!) disable the mod. Save. Exit the game and

- (Uninstallation) remove the esp and bsa files. Don't forget to remove the hkx files as well. (Just to clean up.)

- (Upgrade) install new files.

USAGE

Go to the lesser power menu and equip then activate the lesser power "Play Random Idle Config". The menu(s) "should" be pretty self-explanatory.

NOTE!

When your character assumes a new idle pose they will be stuck in that pose even while moving until you jump or unsheathe your weapons/spells. RESOLVED! (Big thanks to Aleanne!)

For ADDITIONAL INFORMATION please refer to True Player Idling.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/27/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, FNIS
  • Special Edition Compatible

First time I idled my PC walked out the door of my house across a few hundred feet of Tundra and then just stood there.  I've also had problems with it switching to 3rd person and sheathing weapons when I'm trying to hide from enemies, does it only check location before idling or do key presses/mouse look reset it's timer?  I see the original mod has some similar issues as well from the comments there.

Edit, regarding the "scars" on the screen shots looks like a overlay from the racemenu mod, not sure what the actual tattoo is but with the racemenu mod you can have a tint or glow or something that gives that effect to warpaint/tattoos.

Edit2:  Issues above seem fixed, the mod seems to start inactive.  Since the config power menu has dialogue options for "activate/reset" and "deactivate" you can't tell what state you're starting in.  Any chance of an MCM menu so you could have proper checkboxes?  Not sure if it's possible but seperating the idle start and idle change timers would be nice too, ie start idle after 30 seconds, then change to new random idle every 5.  Really hate the jump to end as well, is there no way at all around that?  When enslaved in Sanguine's Debauchery the PC is forced to kneeling when standing/idling and then after a second or two of kneel-gliding when moving it switches the PC to a walking animation, no jumping required as it's disabled while bound. Is that a different situation?

Edit3: no still not right.  It's still kicking me into 3rd person and briefly disabling controls while sneaking if I don't move very much (set to 30 seconds idle, plenty of key presses, moving slowly, time spent zoomed with bow, then bam, 3rd person non responsive controls for second then i can change back to first person and repeat).  Makes sneaking around with a bow trying to snipe things impossible.

Question not related to the mod but... what are those light blue 'scars' on your character? Look like Icy veins and I like :o

First time I idled my PC walked out the door of my house across a few hundred feet of Tundra and then just stood there.  I've also had problems with it switching to 3rd person and sheathing weapons when I'm trying to hide from enemies, does it only check location before idling or do key presses/mouse look reset it's timer?  I see the original mod has some similar issues as well from the comments there.

Edit, regarding the "scars" on the screen shots looks like a overlay from the racemenu mod, not sure what the actual tattoo is but with the racemenu mod you can have a tint or glow or something that gives that effect to warpaint/tattoos.

I use a different method than Race Menu. That's why my glow is more intricate, it's most intense in the centre and fades towards the outer edges, and I edit every mesh and add my tattoos to it. (That's a lot of work!) Check the comments on the youtube video, there is a link to the tattoo resource I used. The rest you have to do yourself as I didn't and won't release them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod adds an AI package to the player character. For that they must enter AI-controlled mode. To break out of it you have to jump etc. The randomisation of the idles happens as part of the AI package. There is an alternate method of making your character change idle using the "sendanimevent" command. The advantage of that is you merely have to move to break out of it. That must be part of the script though. I'm no good at scripting that's why I only changed the "true player idling" mod and didn't write my own script. I have no idea how to accomplish animation randomisation as part of a script. The only other method I would be capable of would be to make the player character use ONE alternate idle, not 20 randomised ones. Doing so I could maybe even add one alternate idle for unsheathed weapons and magic stances. That's just a theory as of yet, mind you. If anyone of you is a scripter, contact me. Maybe we can work something out.

• 6 months later...

This plus the animations from PFI and Sexy Idles animations should satisfy most folks. My only Complaint is not being able to freely map the insta-idle hotkey and if you try to rename equipment when using an enchanter with a default hotkey, i was using "L"  you get caught in a weird animation loop which ends up with you having to load a save. Still awesome work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share that should anyone have to create the behavior file, and are using Mod Organizer, you cannot have MO run the FNIS for Moders exe for you, it wont be able to create the behavior file like this. Run it separately and it will work fine, then move the created xml file from the temporary logs folder in FNIS for Moders to the folder where you have the animation files for this mod. After that, FNIS for Users will work fine. 

Retrospectively, this could also be just due to me somehow setting up how MO runs the exe incorrectly, but it might be useful to others regardless.

I'm actually grateful for learning this myself, as I have Player Head-tracking since I play in 3rd person almost exclusively, and was able to add the option to head-track while playing these animations when I created my behavior file.