REQUEST - Shop

Bromm83

If anyone want to have some fun creating a shop for all the clothes and such things released here (with modders permissions), it would make life much easier. Clothes from nexus that we can borrow should also be possible.

Have a store with several different merchant, one for each bodytype, with or without bouncing (at least some way to make it clear what is bouncy and what body type it's for).

This store could be placed anywhere, just be sure to make a map location for it for fast travel.

I would do it myself, but I just have no idea how to do it...

If anyone want to have some fun creating a shop for all the clothes and such things released here (with modders permissions)' date=' it would make life much easier. Clothes from nexus that we can borrow should also be possible.

Have a store with several different merchant, one for each bodytype, with or without bouncing (at least some way to make it clear what is bouncy and what body type it's for).

This store could be placed anywhere, just be sure to make a map location for it for fast travel.

I would do it myself, but I just have no idea how to do it...[/quote']

Yes please someone do this just use SCR as the base mod, everythings in there or soon will be it wouldn't be hard to create a chain of NPC's, I could but I'm too busy myself, theres a mod on Nexus called ModMart which is basically a shop building, just needs an Vendor NPC :)

If anyone want to have some fun creating a shop for all the clothes and such things released here (with modders permissions)' date=' it would make life much easier. Clothes from nexus that we can borrow should also be possible.

I would do it myself, but I just have no idea how to do it...[/quote']

Yes please someone do this just use SCR as the base mod, everythings in there or soon will be it wouldn't be hard to create a chain of NPC's, I could but I'm too busy myself, theres a mod on Nexus called ModMart which is basically a shop building, just needs an Vendor NPC :)

I volunteer! What do people think is a good location? I don't like just giving the player fast travel points (though I suppose that could be done anyway) so it should have a relatively convenient location.

In and around westside and freeside there are a lot of boarded up shops with 'nice' signs outside to make them easy to find; I've been scouting locations for the 'sex toy shop' as well.. :)

IIRC there's a travel agency or something that you can't enter / boarded up door near the atomic wrangler that looked like a good spot. There are also a few across the street from the kings school that are 'dummy' buildings with boarded up doors and no interiors.

Also Vault 21 has potential, that girl is kind of a freak. ;)

Freeside is a nice location because the player basically has to go there, but there's the slight issue of the number of mods that alter Freeside, such as NVFR.

Getting items for free defeats the purpose of a shop mod, but I may hide some items just for fun.

The Vault 21 suggestion brings up another question. Are we worried about keeping this lore and/or immersion friendly in any fashion like Tryouts attempts to keep the faction personalities intact? Because that would make some locations difficult to justify and would require a bit more of a complex implentation (for example, having a merchant saying "Go talk to Bob if you don't have BNB installed" would be a bit awkward).

Freeside is a nice location because the player basically has to go there' date=' but there's the slight issue of the number of mods that alter Freeside, such as NVFR.

Getting items for free defeats the purpose of a shop mod, but I may hide some items just for fun.

The Vault 21 suggestion brings up another question. Are we worried about keeping this lore and/or immersion friendly in any fashion like Tryouts attempts to keep the faction personalities intact? Because that would make some locations difficult to justify and would require a bit more of a complex implentation (for example, having a merchant saying "Go talk to Bob if you don't have BNB installed" would be a bit awkward).

[/quote']

Well, what about Primm then? Same as Nipton, a place you reach real early, and the merchants can be holed up protecting their shop. Or the shop could be a bit outside Primm. There is a stretch of road between the Viper ambush and Nipton, around where you meet the girl with purple hair who kills a guy for his Sunset Sarsparilla caps.

I think the conversation could be more like "If you are looking for items for the well endowed lady [bNB], go talk to Bob.". It would minimize the awkwardness while still giving the player the neccesary information. I think one should always go for immersion where possible, but at the same time you have to give the player information that he needs.

As for the BNB issue, I don't think there's a problem there? BNB is required for sexout at this point anyway, and it's a special case (a file we can't check for.) If you want support for other actual mods that have esp/esm files, checking for them in the scripts and setting quest vars you check in the dialog conditions is easy enough.

Edit: As for freeside/westside, lots of things mod it, you're right, but if you're putting in a shop the only modification you *have* to make is a replacing an existing inaccessible door with a real linked door. Everything else will be in your new interior cell and not touch any existing cells or worldspace.

EDIT FROM LOOGIE: Pride, I totally pulled a stupid and accidently nuked your post when trying to reply to it. Please don't kill me.

EDIT: I'M COMING FOR YOU. haha.. ;)

As for the BNB issue' date=' I don't think there's a problem there? BNB is required for sexout at this point anyway, and it's a special case (a file we can't check for.) If you want support for other actual mods that have esp/esm files, checking for them in the scripts and setting quest vars you check in the dialog conditions is easy enough.[/quote']Here I was referring to the initial post:
Have a store with several different merchant' date=' one for each bodytype, with or without bouncing (at least some way to make it clear what is bouncy and what body type it's for).[/quote']There's no real lore-friendly way to differentiate between the two, at least not that I can think of.
Her having a 'back room' to her shop seems entirely lore friendly to me.
And that's also why Vault 21 won't work' date=' not unless she has a whole bunch of other people hanging out in that back room waiting for someone to wander in looking to buy something.

And I caught this a split-second before I submitted my post:

Edit: As for freeside/westside, lots of things mod it, you're right, but if you're putting in a shop the only modification you *have* to make is a replacing an existing inaccessible door with a real linked door. Everything else will be in your new interior cell and not touch any existing cells or worldspace.
At least a few mods move doors around, and I know NVFR adds several interiors. It's theoretically possible to do it conflict-free, but it's also possible the door I change will end up halfway in a wall because of the included positioning data.

I'm considering just adding a building right outside one of the Freeside gates, since I don't know of anything that modified that immediate area.

EDIT: Whoops, totally missed Kashked's post. Those suggestions will probably work, and the earlier we can put the shop the better.

EDIT: Whoops' date=' totally missed Kashked's post. Those suggestions will probably work, and the earlier we can put the shop the better.

[/quote']

Haven't heard of NVFR, but moving doors seems like a big no-no. You could also just add a 'street vendor' with a little table and some crates.

Primm would work. So would NoVac; there are plenty of empty/unused hotel rooms there.

For Vault 21 I didn't mean a physical location with new vendors, though the place is big enough to support it, I was just thinking of modifying Sarah's dialog and inventory if you either pass a speech check (or perk check), or have had sex with her.

As far as body types, I think if you must differentiate between bouncing and not (though there is no *need* to do so), the item type can be suitably named 'supportive' or not, or something along those lines.

Supporting different body types will be trickier. Vanilla and Type3 work with vanilla clothes just fine. BBR and Type6 can be checked for in scripts since they have ESPs.

BNB bodies will be the biggest pain. There's no ESP that enables them, and there are two or three different sizes to choose from within BNB itself.

Guest Loogie

As for the BNB issue' date=' I don't think there's a problem there? BNB is required for sexout at this point anyway, and it's a special case (a file we can't check for.) If you want support for other actual mods that have esp/esm files, checking for them in the scripts and setting quest vars you check in the dialog conditions is easy enough.

[/quote']

BNB isn't required, just the skeleton. All my outfits are based on Revanag's bouncing type 3 bodies and my armors, in addition to a lot uploaded on Nexus, use his bouncing type 3 too.

Oblivion has a few mods that add clothing for different bodies types. There's really no "checking" that needs to be done other than by the player. Only downside is you make the player download a bunch of stuff they will potentially never use.

As for the BNB issue' date=' I don't think there's a problem there? BNB is required for sexout at this point anyway, and it's a special case (a file we can't check for.) If you want support for other actual mods that have esp/esm files, checking for them in the scripts and setting quest vars you check in the dialog conditions is easy enough.

[/quote']

BNB isn't required, just the skeleton. All my outfits are based on Revanag's bouncing type 3 bodies and my armors, in addition to a lot uploaded on Nexus, use his bouncing type 3 too.

I meant the skeleton, sorry. What i was getting at is that you don't have to include non-bouncing clothes unless you want to, because the bouncing skeleton is required, so only including bouncing clothes will not cause problems.

Oblivion has a few mods that add clothing for different bodies types. There's really no "checking" that needs to be done other than by the player. Only downside is you make the player download a bunch of stuff they will potentially never use.

That's what he's trying to avoid I think -- the breaking of immersion such as in oblivion when there are 6 different versions of the same item presented to the player.. HGEC-AMU-blah, HGEC-TAIL-blah, EXENM-AMU-blah... etc.

It's just trying to hide that from the player if it can be detected by the code. In FONV it can be to an extent, perhaps not in obv -- or not when things like the apache shop were created.

Question...

Does the pregnancy mod detect and replace armors on its own' date=' or do I need to have all the variations available for sale?[/quote']

SCR contains all the pregnancy variations from P0 (no Preg) to P6 on some. 80% of outfits either do or will swap size automatically, the exceptions are hard armor & power armor, they are going to have to be sold in sizes as they don't stretch :)

So you only need to add the base versions of most outfits.

As far as body types' date=' I think if you must differentiate between bouncing and not (though there is no *need* to do so), the item type can be suitably named 'supportive' or not, or something along those lines.

[/quote']

an easy way to do this is without breaking lore or immersion would be to alter the icon image and in some cases create new ones, adding a B or BBB to the icon image should make it pretty clear that it is BBB supported

an easy way to do this is without breaking lore or immersion would be to alter the icon image and in some cases create new ones' date=' adding a B or BBB to the icon image should make it pretty clear that it is BBB supported[/quote']

Yep a picture of a big Bra would wwork well I guess.

I suspect there's some confusiion in this thread happening between Bouncing Boobies, Bouncing Natrual Breasts & Bouncing Big Boobies :)

It doubles the number of outfits in SCR if we were to have both Bouncing & Non Bouncing in Cali and Big Boobies. I'd be happy to drop support for non-bouncing as it seams it doesn't cause any issues exept on naked bodies. Later I'm wondering if there is a better solution for naked bodies somehow. Even if we have to go as far as to create a Player Race as a requirement for SexoutNG.

Oh I love this community! =) I put one idea out there and when I wake up there are two pages of discussion on how to do it and one person has allready taken the responsebility of creating it! Good work guys!

More on the topic:

The most important thing for me is immersion when it comes to these things, therefore I fully support the scripting part. Also differentiating between bouncing and no bouncing can be done by something like:

"Bob has all the clothes for the active girl who can't let her looks come in the way of her fighting, while Doyle has the clothes for girls who is more concerned with having all eyes centered on her." Should be rewritten by someone better at dialog then me, but you get the general point ;)

I'm nearing the point where I'm ready to release a very early version. Just the entrance, the main part of the cell, and the vendors. I figure it's better to release a working version now and fancy it up later, than to make everyone wait while I add clutter and lighting.

I am running into some missing mesh issues, but that's probably due to me missing a datapack somewhere.

Is there anything to creating a merchant other than setting a Merchant Container and running ShowBarterMenu? Because I've got NPCs in-game using Merchant Containers that are not assigned to them. Other than that little difficulty, the mod is ready for initial release.

EDIT: Correction... Every NPC is selling everything, from their container as well as everyone else in the cell's.

EDIT 2: Not fixed yet, but since you can still buy everything and that's the point, I decided to release the current version: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4209

I think there was a tutorial in Geck how to set up a vendor, I'd probably just copy an existing one and rename them and add the levelled lists I wanted.

Feel free to add any new formlists or levelled lists to SCR for inventory, then as new stuff is added it can be added straight away without updating the vendor mod at all.

I have a couple of unused empty vendorlists in there already Just add or change the prefix to your lists to be SexoutSV short for Sexout SCR Vendor Plugin, so we know those are used lists by the Vendor Plugin. Pretty much any of them with SexoutS only are currently unused so free game.

I think there was a tutorial in Geck how to set up a vendor' date=' I'd probably just copy an existing one and rename them and add the levelled lists I wanted.

Feel free to add any new formlists or levelled lists to SCR for inventory, then as new stuff is added it can be added straight away without updating the vendor mod at all.

I have a couple of unused empty vendorlists in there already Just add or change the prefix to your lists to be SexoutSV short for Sexout SCR Vendor Plugin, so we know those are used lists by the Vendor Plugin. Pretty much any of them with SexoutS only are currently unused so free game.[/quote']I got the merchants in the game, the problem is they are magically all selling all the items. The Power Armor and the Vault Suits aren't in the same container, yet the NPC selling the Zero Suits somehow sells them both despite being set to use her merchant container which contains neither.

I think there was a tutorial in Geck how to set up a vendor' date=' I'd probably just copy an existing one and rename them and add the levelled lists I wanted.

I have a couple of unused empty vendorlists in there already Just add or change the prefix to your lists to be SexoutSV short for Sexout SCR Vendor Plugin, so we know those are used lists by the Vendor Plugin. Pretty much any of them with SexoutS only are currently unused so free game.[/quote']I got the merchants in the game, the problem is they are magically all selling all the items. The Power Armor and the Vault Suits aren't in the same container, yet the NPC selling the Zero Suits somehow sells them both despite being set to use her merchant container which contains neither.

There's some funny stuff with vendors it apparently takes 2-3 game days being out of their cell for their inventories to respawn with any new stuff added, maybe the old stuff won't clear for 3 days till after the container is swapped.

There's some funny stuff with vendors it apparently takes 2-3 game days being out of their cell for their inventories to respawn with any new stuff added' date=' maybe the old stuff won't clear for 3 days till after the container is swapped.[/quote']But that would require me to have changed the containers in some fashion; they've never had every single item in them. Even so, I have it set up so the vendor chests are in the cell (in case of a situation like this, in fact), and I went in and manually checked each and every one and they all had the items they should have and no others, but the vendors are still selling things from every single container. If you have the plugin active you can check yourself, the containers are in the Inaccessible door beside the Vault-Tec vendor, just tcl through the wall.

Archived