Skyrim Keeps CTDing When I Install A Mod.

grymsoul

Hey, everyone. I have a major issue here. My Skyrim keeps CTDing whenever I install a mod. I don't understand why it does it. I was instructed to download the BOSS mod to fix the problem but even after a semi-clean report, skyrim still crashes on the load menu. This is the diagnoses it gave me.

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
Dawnguard.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
HearthFires.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
Dragonborn.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
RaceCompatibility.esm Active
SexLab.esm Active
SexLabAroused.esm Active
Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active
Slightlydangerouslegendarycreatures.esp Active
SkyUI.esp Active
Nordic Carved Helm Wigs.esp Active
Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp Active
Requires: CBBE
HorsesGoneWild.esp Active
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp Active
SexAddict.esp Active
NoMaaM_2ndSkin.esp Active
Pinup Poser.esp Active
navetsea female face preset.esp Active
Feminine Females.esp Active
Elves.esp Active
Height Adjusted Races with True Giants.esp Active
Note: Use only one Height Adjusted Races*.esp.

Also, this is the summary of the report.

Plugin Type Count
Recognised (or sorted by user rules) 22
Unrecognised 2
Inactive 0
All 24
Plugin Message Type Count
Warning 0
Error 0
All 8

Your masterlist is already at the latest revision (r0; 2014-02-25). No update necessary.
No change in recognised plugin list since last run.
Note: Latest BOSS thread
Note: Your SKSE is up-to-date.
Note: It appears you have Fores New Idles in Skyrim installed. Remember to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe every time you have installed or de-installed FNIS, or an FNIS based mod.

I aso installed TES5Edit and recieved no error messages when the results were in.

I'm not sure why my Skyrim keeps CTDing. I found a temporary fix by restarting my computer. Once computer has restarted, I find that I'm able to get into the game with the last installed mod that presumably caused the crash, no problem. Though, if I exit the game, I'm unable to re-enter without it CTDing again.

Can anyone inform me on what I'm doing wrong here? I'd greatly appreciate it.

hey, I watched the video but it didn't help much. Thank you for your suggestion.

gvnab3670- it seems that WHATEVER mod I install, my computer with CTD. It could be a simple mod or a complex mod but it with CTD. I don't understand why.

It is not an issue of load order, or even mod conflict, or it would have never started at all and CTDed every single time. The trouble may be caused by something external, even a memory management issue. Can you tell me what kind of system specs you have, or what other non-standard background processes you have running?

Also, enable debugging and attach the papyrus log. It might not help on insta-crash, but we never know. We might find something.

To enable logging copy these in your skyrim.ini in Documents > My Games > Skyrim >[skyrim.ini]:

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

You can also set the file size and other stuff to reduce performance hit. 

I want to thank everyone for their advise. I missed a tutorial step in the video HiTom posted. Apparently it was because my dlc files were dirty files and I needed to clean each of them individually. I do get a crash once in a while but it's a lot better than every time I start the game. Now I only crash if I install something wrong. Again, thank you guys for the help you're given me.

Archived