Black meshes bug

sathiny

I'm been having a hard time with some mods I used before and I believe it has something to do with ini configurations or something like that.

What's happening: some armor are full black. like, they are allright in nifskope and all texture are on the right places but in game they are totally black.

It's happens not with one mod but with a lot of then:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5027/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20415/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23876/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16438/?

It's not always the full mod that has the trouble. Most of the time it this only affect a few pieces of the mod.

There are some images of what I'm talking about:

Please, help me!!!!!

post-12170-0-94478800-1394502134_thumb.jpg

post-12170-0-30059200-1394502265_thumb.jpg

post-12170-0-04662900-1394502299_thumb.jpg

FYI, it's actually the textures that are doing that, You've ran out of vram because the textures are way too large. I don't mean resolution either.

An example is the SG renewal textures. After I used the texture blender for them, the femalebody.dds ends up being 65 mb, friggin huge. By simply opening it in paint.net, and doing nothing at all, just saving it, the file size dropped from 65 mb to 21 mb. No more black bodies.

Try doing that with the mods you're having problems with, I bet it will help. what ever photo editing program you use, just use DXT-5 compression.

weird... this start to happens after I changed my vram from 2Giga to 8Giga. I got feed out to my old pc and brough a new one w/ 8giga vram + Intel i5 and I run it on Win7 64x

RAM and VRAM are 2 different things, there are currently no consumer gaming video cards with 8 GB's of VRAM.

VRAM is the memory that comes with graphics cards, the most common amount today is 1 to 2GB.  If you are using texture mods and ENB's, you NEED at least 2 GB of VRAM and also a more powerful card as you install and crank up the graphics settings.  What is your current graphics card and what are the specs of it?

You can download a program called GPU-Z and it's free and it will give you all the specs of the card including when you overclock it too.  Post a screen shot of GPU-Z after it scans and identifies your current graphics card.  The most common solution to the black textures is to buy another more powerful video card that has more VRAM as well.  Fully modded Skyrim with the best ENB's and HD texture overhauls will need a powerful high end card with lots of VRAM such as a GTX 770 4GB/AMD 7970 GE 3GB+.

Judging the quality of the screenshots you posted, it looks like you are playing with an onboard graphics chip and they are shit to be honest for gaming, it doesn't matter what CPU you have.

With ENB Boost you don't quite need DDSopt or Texture Optimizer to avoid pink/black textures, since it expands Skyrim's memory usage cap from 3.2gb cap to a gorillion (way more than you can actually have in your computer). Also Boris apparently recommends not to use those programs because incompatibilities with ENB Boost texture compression. However not matter what Boris said, the ideal deal is actually using both ENB Boost AND DDSopt (or texture optimizer), as long as you use the recommended output formats. Not actually resizing unless really poor system, but adding missing mipmaps or stripping unused information layers, it's gaining in performance/stability aswell at 0 visual quality cost.

weird... this start to happens after I changed my vram from 2Giga to 8Giga. I got feed out to my old pc and brough a new one w/ 8giga vram + Intel i5 and I run it on Win7 64x

RAM and VRAM are 2 different things, there are currently no consumer gaming video cards with 8 GB's of VRAM.

VRAM is the memory that comes with graphics cards, the most common amount today is 1 to 2GB.  If you are using texture mods and ENB's, you NEED at least 2 GB of VRAM and also a more powerful card as you install and crank up the graphics settings.  What is your current graphics card and what are the specs of it?

You can download a program called GPU-Z and it's free and it will give you all the specs of the card including when you overclock it too.  Post a screen shot of GPU-Z after it scans and identifies your current graphics card.  The most common solution to the black textures is to buy another more powerful video card that has more VRAM as well.  Fully modded Skyrim with the best ENB's and HD texture overhauls will need a powerful high end card with lots of VRAM such as a GTX 770 4GB/AMD 7970 GE 3GB+.

Judging the quality of the screenshots you posted, it looks like you are playing with an onboard graphics chip and they are shit to be honest for gaming, it doesn't matter what CPU you have.

Here are the prints.

what I mean is that before I had a very low-end notebook and yet had no trouble with black meshes. I believe it's the meshes not the textures 'cause I alread try to change the texture bot in the folder and in the nif itself and in the end all was the same, full black.

About the ENB, I don't really use it, I only have the ENBoost and the Memory patch and running SKSE 1.7.0

I run Skyrim with HD texture and no CTD at all. My fps is around 28~36. There is no lag, nothing bad in game nor in the papyrus logs.

post-12170-0-57161600-1394553192_thumb.gif

post-12170-0-67907400-1394553198_thumb.gif

Archived