[wip] Devious Devices - Interactions

Veladarius

Ok, while I have been updating Captured Dreams I was hit with the idea to be able to equip or unequip items from DD using dialogue. It is useful for when you are working the tavern and a customer comes up with a lot of items locked on and you have keys. Now, you can talk to them and see if they would like to remove the items and get going with whatever you had planned for them. When you are done you can lock them back up again. Or maybe you want to see how your follower would look decked out in polished metal all over and you just happen to have it all. Just go ask them if they would like to try out some special items and if she says yes then go from there. The more friendly you are with them the better the chance they will say yes.

Now you can walk up to your spouse and ask them to remove the items they have on before having your 'together' time then put it back on them so they can't cheat with the bard that is always hanging around.

I released the 1st beta to the DD Team to see if they can take a look at it but so far it works pretty well. Depending on feedback and the estimated time to the launch of Integration I may release this before the next update.

No real pics yet, it is just simple conversation. Maybe I will put up a before and after shot.

Guest smellbo

Cant wait to give this a go, but I'll have to wait until I get a new PC (I'm playing skyrim on 16 frames will all the graphics on low @_@)

Very interesting.

Looking forward to the release, seems very fun.

Maybe my PC should get an occasional yandere streak. "Hey my dear follower, i whored a full month to afford these nice devices. And all you do is complaining how uncomfortable those devices are. Fortunately i also bought a gag. Now shut up and stop squirming and enjoy what i bought you. Ungrateful bitch." PC gags the poor follower with a wicked smile.

You really start to build up a nice DD mod empire, amazing job Veladarius and the rest of the great DD crew :)

Between some of the work I did on Captured Dreams and then on this I figure that if I really wanted to I could write dialogue that could block ANY npc dialogue if they were gagged. All blocking the dialogue takes is a few settings and conditions and none of them would be able to speak if gagged.

Between some of the work I did on Captured Dreams and then on this I figure that if I really wanted to I could write dialogue that could block ANY npc dialogue if they were gagged. All blocking the dialogue takes is a few settings and conditions and none of them would be able to speak if gagged.

Would it be possible that every time they would talk triggered by vanilla skyrim scripts instead some gagging sounds are played and a "Mmmmmmmmmmpfffhhhhhhh" subtitle line displays?

Would it be possible that every time they would talk triggered by vanilla skyrim scripts instead some gagging sounds are played and a "Mmmmmmmmmmpfffhhhhhhh" subtitle line displays?

Replacing the npc dialogue with the gagged effect is actually pretty easy. Basically the gagged dialogue has to be set with a high enough priority so it overrides everything else and set it 'Goodbye' so it ends after the line is said and set as either 'Blocking' or 'Top-Level' with 'Exclusive' (I think this will work on this last part). Blocking will have it jump directly to their dialogue before you can say anything and the other will let you say something to start with. For an example, try talking to the Master in Captured Dreams when you have a gag on, she has dialogue set for it.

If I add something like this to npc's with this mod at least you can remove their gag when you have to.

I want to do a bit more testing before deciding on releasing but I may release it in the next few days. Once the new version of Assets and Integration is released it will need to be updated with the changes from those as well. Will probably have just the current features (no gagged text) but some may be added with the update.

I have been going back and forth between this and Captured Dreams the last few days, gives a chance to stand back for a moment. That helped me rebuild the key quest in Captured Dreams and also helped set up the flow of the scripts and dialogue for Interactions. It helps to shift focus between things and get a different perspective.

I am working on a scene where you help a customer for Captured Dreams. My goal is an entry point where they will remember you on later visits and depending on how you react to them determines the next scene they try. I want it to be about 4 segments long with a separate start and ending. Who knows what exactly will happen next as it will be somewhat random change depending on who says or does what when. It will have about 4 starts (first and returning) then 3 scenes each on collars, cuffs, plugs, belt, bra and gags. Then there will be 3 different endings depending on how happy he was ( I am writing the story for it now). NPC's are made so it is just getting them together and make the puppets  sing and dance.

Off to bed now, the faerie in the sleeping pill  has kicked my ass and all the letters are trying yo hide behind each other.

Will this be rolled into the next version of Integration or will it continue to be a stand alone mod? Would ideally like to keep the number of esp's as small as necessary, and in my opinion (for all the shit that is worth), this feels like it would fit in integration seamlessly. So a new user could pick it up and never realize it was originally two different ideas that came together.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to "reset" an NPC's willingness?

I was experimenting with Lydia and she's pretty pissed at me for asking to mess with her things. :)

Unfortunately, this is in a game save that I'm actually playing. So I'd like to reset her if possible. I know I can simply console remove the items, but I don't want to screw up the interactions and what it THINKS she has. 

Thanks

The number of times an NPC has resisted is tracked using a faction: INTxResisted

Each time the NPC resists the rank is raised by 1 with a max of 5. If you want to reset the NPC use the console to set the rank back to 0. You will have to look up the faction ID in the console first then select the NPC in the console and enter  'SetFactionRank <rank ID> 0

I will see about creating a potion or something that can do that in game.

Can you clue me in as to how to look up that faction?

I tried targeting Lydia, in console, and typing:

help INTxResisted 4

and got no results (also then tried 3 and 2 and 1 at the end.... nothing)

Sorry, it uses the faction name not the ID name. Search for 'resisted' and you will see a faction called 'Resisted Attempts', The ID is just in front of it.

post-101267-0-54344500-1396625575_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than having a check fail if you can't convince the NPC, could we instead simply hide the option to ask in the first place?

I ask because this would both clearly show when it works and when it doesn't, and also hide the dialog options from people like City Guards who are basically never going to accept anyway.

• 10 months later...

I have trouble understanding the menu/dialog tree........can somebody guide me?  Ex: If i want to give restraints/cuffs ......

And sometimes things a have in my inventory does not show up in the "give" menu....are there restrictions qua your other settings for DD-mods?

Are there problems by using "Player.additem" items for testing?

For items that don't show up look in the utilities dialogue, there are options to check through inventory and look for unknown devices. As for putting items on them, the best option is to use the see all dialogue, it will show all recognized items in your inventory.

Archived