Quick Modding Question

User13

Hiya folks.  Hoping this has an easy answer.  I've downloaded CK, but know nothing about how to use it.  I want to learn how to use it later, but for now I want to do one thing with it.  I have some clothing I downloaded.  It has an armor value of 0.  I want to change the armor value on it.  If necessary, I want to change it to heavy armor, but only if it requires that to add an armor value.  Is there an easy way to do that?

I can't even find that armor window.  I have an Object Window, a Render Window, and a Cell View.  Clicking on the Armor thingy in the Object Window list does nothing.

I also tried the tutorial.  I couldn't find the object I wanted to edit by typing it in the Object Window filter thingy, so I decided to follow the tutorial exactly and entered daedricsword as it suggested.  Even that didn't come up, so I've no idea what's going on.

Or open with TES5Edit and Click under Armor and find the armor rating box and right click to select edit and save.

(I literally have 0 experience with ck stuff and general Skyrim modding so I also have no idea if this works or not...)

tes5edit1.png

Maybe you might want to try TESedit instead. I know you wanted to use the CK and it can be very useful if you could figure out how to just open the records. :P

TESeidtis very similar to FNVedit which I have used before. After installing and clicking on the .exe you select the game .exe and the mod you want. A few minutes later the mod is loaded and the records look just like blaba stated. Check out his capture. It might be easier to change the simple record you wanted to change.

Did you place the .esp with the other .esp's in your game folder or wherever you have them at if it's not placed where they are then the .esp will not show up in the list maybe it was missed when scrolling through them the best way that I have found for locating a .esp is the click the data screen that holds the plugin list and then hit the first letter for the name of the .esp and keep doing it till you hit the one you are looking for. Once you find the plugin double click skyrim.esm and then do the same for the .esp that you are going to modify then make sure to hit set as active so that the .esp you are going to modify shows up and you will be able to locate the things you are trying to modify. If you don't set the .esp as active then nothing will show up.

I use MO, so the only things showing up when I go to Data in CK are the few mods I've subscribed to thru Steam.  Along with Skyrim.esm of course.  I'm assuming the mod you want to edit has to be listed there, and then you check the little box.  However, it won't even allow me to check the little box next to Skyrim.esm, so there is nothing at all under any of the things in the object window.  I understand I'm supposed to load the mod I want to edit, but I can't figure out how to do that.  Am I supposed to go to File and then 'Upload Plugin and Archive to Steam'?  Nm, just tried that and it says there is no plugin loaded.  So how do I load the plugin?  I can follow the tutorials others have suggested in this thread to make the changes I want, I just can't load the mod in the first place.

Are you opening CK with or through MO? Same with TESedit. All programs need to be accessed through MO. Sounds like you are opening CK outside of MO independently. If so only those mods that you have from Steam would be present and available to use in CK because CK cannot access the virtual folder with the mods that are active in MO.

Are you opening CK with or through MO? Same with TESedit. All programs need to be accessed through MO. Sounds like you are opening CK outside of MO independently. If so only those mods that you have from Steam would be present and available to use in CK because CK cannot access the virtual folder with the mods that are active in MO.

Ahhhh, ok, now we're getting somewhere.  So... uh... how do I open CK thru MO? :)

Can I join the bandwagon? I downloaded this mod called "Expanded Skyrim Weather" and sincerely I don't like the changes it does to certain regions, so I opened it with TesVEdit to tweak it. The plugin have just one category named "Region" and 19 tabs which indicate the region, so suppose I want to eliminate the changes on Falkreath region so I just simply have to do right click over the tab and choose "delete" and save?

Sorry for the intrussion, please continue :)

Ahhhh, ok, now we're getting somewhere.  So... uh... how do I open CK thru MO? :)

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs

Scroll down to the part that says CK

blabba is correct as usual. :P

It is likely the issue you had was the mod manager you were using. It just didn't make any sense that you couldn't access the files when you clearly stated you were opening and seeing everything you should be seeing. :huh: I probably could have caught that earlier but I rarely play Skyrim and almost never with any heavy mods. ;)

Follow blabba's advice and set up the exe to open CK. When you open CK or even TESedit which ever you choose you should get full access to the mods you have loaded. Then you can finally change that dam record that you have been trying to change for the last few days. ^_^ At this rate you could have made a complete mod. :D

Done and done :)  Thanks, everyone, for your help.  I now own the most awesome pair of underwear ever devised.

Complete with skid marks? :P

Actually no, but it did come with something.  Armor value applied, made em heavy armor since that's my follower's specialty.  Just one teensy problem...

ScreenShot4.png

Archived