MediaFire Downloads

Guest GingerTom

Guest GingerTom

Anyone else having this problem? I haven't been able to download from MediaFire for days--it just says 'preparing download' and then nothing happens.

I've seen that too recently, but I've been having more serious issues then that from them lately.

Twice now I've had something install itslef from a mediafire link. The actual download files arent the cause since the install would occur as soon as the pages loaded. twice I got on of those bullshit "2012 Windows Antivirus" spamware. Fucking annoying bullshit and I know what to do to scrub that shit out. I feel sorry for the folks to who catch shit like that and don't know to navigate it.

With as much shit as I download from all sorts of sites, Mediafire is the one place I've run into it, nevermind twice. I think I'm going to avoid MediaFire for a while. let them get thier shit straight and cleaned.

Guest Donkey

make sure you are not using programs like spamblocker, or noscript. this may be blocking connection with it. i have used mediafire for a long time, and never had any problem you described. Most of my downloads are from there too.

Guest GingerTom

@Donky--I tried your link but it just sat there and wouldn't proceed to download.

@oblivionwithdongs--I tried jdownloader and it didn't proceed either.

Right now I'm checking for trojens etc. (I did earlier, but, I'll try again. Wait a minute--I downloaded jdownloader without a problem, so, maybe my ip address is on a ban list or something. I'm dynamic.)

I'll try and figure it out--no trojens, anyway.

EDIT: OK--working now. I removed all traces of JDownloader from my computer and re-downloaded--and this time it worked. (Although it comes up in red and says there may be malfunctions with it located in that spot--which is the spot it picked for itself. I use VISTA.)

Thanks everybody

@Donkey--I was using regular windows vista and firefox for my downloader--it just stopped working for me for MediaFire.

where do you live? try going through a proxy and see if it works then, some countries impose blocks on certain sites, for instance my isp in the uk forces the filehost oron to always say i'm over my limit, as part of some government filter (ostensibly to stop internet pedos, but they all use things like tor anyway, so it's really just a way of trying to make the internet worse for us ordinary perverts), and even jdownloader can't do anything about it.

also using vista it is a good idea to disable user account control, as it can prevent programs from doing what they need to do.

Guest GingerTom

I tried it with a free proxy and it still didn't come down. Amazing.

But the thing is I've been downloading from there for the last month or two--and no problems.

Glad you told me about JDownloader. :)

I've seen that too recently' date=' but I've been having more serious issues then that from them lately.

Twice now I've had something install itslef from a mediafire link. The actual download files arent the cause since the install would occur as soon as the pages loaded. twice I got on of those bullshit "2012 Windows Antivirus" spamware. Fucking annoying bullshit and I know what to do to scrub that shit out. I feel sorry for the folks to who catch shit like that and don't know to navigate it.

With as much shit as I download from all sorts of sites, Mediafire is the one place I've run into it, nevermind twice. I think I'm going to avoid MediaFire for a while. let them get thier shit straight and cleaned.

[/quote']

2012 Windows Antivirus is an high threat virus or other shit i think, last year i took one in the knee and had to reformat whole pc because of it.

All windows users should be using the hosts file from here: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm which will help avoid things like the '2012 windows av' click-pay me away spam and other parasitic websites. Just makes it easier on yourself, and avoid hassles in the future. As for MF? I've seen it crap out for hours at a time for no reason at all, then work perfectly. Sometimes doing a cookie wipe will help, because they set their timers for downloads via cookies.

2012 Windows Antivirus is an high threat virus or other shit i think' date=' last year i took one in the knee and had to reformat whole pc because of it.

[/quote']

Yea I'm in the process of formatting my main rig now. Took me horus to clean and back up my shit. I seem to beat it into submission for a few days and then it pops right back up again. It nested itself into my Java downloader so as soon as I fired up Minecraft, it was on again.

Very cool link for the host files link,. thank you I'll take a closer look at that.

As for Mediafire, I've found that if you right click and start the download in a new window or tab it generally pops right up. I've had it perma-hang too when I click the DL link normally.

mediafires been bitchy lately with some downloads, i usualy have to click it twice to get the dl to start. I have not had any trouble other then that nothing trying to piggy back like your describing.

you may want to check your pc for root kits most standard AVS software still sucks ass at doing this but Norton's McAfee and Microsoft offer free down loads to check for these

you may want to check your pc for root kits most standard AVS software still sucks ass at doing this but Norton's McAfee and Microsoft offer free down loads to check for these

Yea I got fed up with the bullshit and slicked the drive. Lost me oblivion install, but it needed to be done.

Mediafire has been a little better to me since then slicking.

Archived