FieryVortessence Posted Sunday at 10:48 PM Posted Sunday at 10:48 PM (edited) Shtick - A New AAF Participation Minigame BETA WIP!!! View File Have you ever wanted an AAF experience where you're actually playing instead of just watching? Have you ever wanted Sex Attributes to matter during a scene instead of mostly before and after it? Have you ever wanted Resisting, Participating, Arousal, Willpower, Self-Esteem, and the actual outcome of the scene to feel like parts of the same system? The goal is to make AAF encounters feel less like a cutscene and more like something your character is actively experiencing. If you end up in a bad situation, you'll need to work your way out. If you end up in a fun situation, it should be fun! What is Shtick? Shtick is an interactive AAF participation minigame. it is intended to be a companion to my other mod, Kick, but DOES NOT REQUIRE IT. However, some of Kick's more interesting mechanics make Shtick a lot more fun to play. The basic idea is simple: once an AAF scene involving the player starts, Shtick puts a minigame on screen, and you must participate to finish the scene, how you participate determines what happens. The goal is to move the avatar in the HUD according to what YOU want. It starts around the middle depending on stats Dominant palyers start at neutral Submissive players bias towards "Enjoy" depending on orientation Travelling to the left will reduce Sole Survivor's arousal increase rate to near zero -> You dont want to climax during an aggressive scene! You lose XP! Traveling to the right will increase sole survivor's arousal increase rate to double the baseline rate -> In consensual scenes, each climax GAINS XP! Travelling anywhere at all will increase NPC arousal cumulatively so long as you're playing the game as intended. You cant just hold E or R - you must 'play' the game or let the scene time out NPC arousal, determiend by playing the game, when it maxes out will end the AAF scene Currently it is set up so that scenes last roughly 25-40s. I intend to eventually make this adjustable and situational. There is an oscillating wave mechanic that must be fought. I think of it like trying to swim at the beach to or from the shore - you gotta go with the waves! Goal Max NPC arousal (top bar on hud, in red) to end the scene maximize or minimize your own arousal rate by biasing to the left or right side of the Shtick meter Shtick is not intended to replace AAF or Sex Attributes. It sits between them. AAF still handles animations, actors, positions, scene setup, scene teardown, and all the horrible black magic required to make Fallout 4 actors interact with each other without immediately exploding (most of the time). All Shtick does is play with Sex Attributes, and terminate scenes when its conditions are met. The way it is wired up now, I dont know how to force scenes to wait on Shtick, so you must set your AAF mods to have longer scene lengths. Sex Attributes remains responsible for the player’s actual arousal, orgasms, Willpower, Self-Esteem, Orientation, and related character state. Shtick turns those systems into gameplay. Willpower, self-esteem, and orientation DIRECTLY affect the way shtick's mechanics feel. How It Works When an AAF scene involving the player begins, Shtick automatically activates the Shtick HUD The native HUD appears with three primary pieces of information: Participation — ranges from -50 Resist to +50 Enjoy NPC Arousal — effectively Shtick’s scene progress meter. When it reaches 100, Shtick asks AAF to end the scene normally. Player Arousal — your actual Sex Attributes arousal value. Your current Participation directly modifies how quickly Sex Attributes builds your arousal during the scene. At full left, normal sex-arousal gain is heavily reduced. At neutral, arousal gain is the same as the default sex attributes baseline you're all used to, but the scene will play forever At full right, arousal gain is significantly increased, to nearly 2x normal The Minigame I believe the game to be very quickly intuitive even if you dont know how to play it. It requires E and R presses in the keyboard. Its just about moving to the left or the right. The rules should become VERY obvious quickly. Shtick requires e and r to surf waves and brace against waves pulling you to center The input has momentum, acceleration, deceleration, timing, and a dynamic tempo. The exact feel is intentionally somewhat physical rather than binary. Your character’s attributes modify the way the inputs feel. High Self-Esteem makes it easier to push the meter. High Willpower makes resistance against wave action against your intent (less backslide) Orientation affects where the Participation meter begins when a scene starts. A submissive player will start to the right of neutral in the "enjoy" side of the bar, with higher arousal rates, and all the immediate penalties/rewards of that bias. Dominant players get to choose from neutral This means two characters with different Sex Attributes values can experience the same scene very differently. A character with low Willpower and low Self-Esteem may struggle to control the meter in either direction. A character with strong Willpower can maintain resistance much more effectively. A character who is already psychologically inclined toward the encounter may begin closer to the enjoy side of the meter That is the kind of character-mechanics interaction I am trying to build around, but none of these are final. If you have ideas, let me know! Climaxes during non consensual scenes result in -10 XP. Climaxes during consensual scenes result in +10XP. The avatar location in the participation meter represents your character's current arousal gain rate. NPC arousal is the red bar on the top that moves from right to left, when this maxes out, scene will end shortly. Playable character arousal is the pink bar on the bottom of the HUD that moves from left to right. This can be maxed and reset perpetually The only way to move the NPC arousal bar, which is basically a scene completion bar, is to play the game. If you press NO buttons, no completion happens. If you press one button the whole time, you will only get completion points while you're moving 'with' the wave. The scene will eventually time out whenever YOU set your AAF initiating mod scenes to last. Scene Tempo Every Shtick scene rolls its own maximum tempo. Consensual/non-aggressive scenes begin at a lower speed and progressively become faster as NPC arousal rises. The encounter therefore starts relatively manageable and becomes a little faster as it approaches completion. Aggressive scenes work differently. They immediately begin at the rolled maximum tempo. There is no gentle ramp-up. The idea is not necessarily to make aggressive scenes mathematically impossible or overwhelmingly difficult. It is simply to make them feel mechanically different from the first second. The tempo itself is randomized within a controlled range, so two otherwise identical scenes should not always feel exactly the same. Sex Attributes Tie-ins Sex Attributes is a major part of Shtick. Shtick currently uses: Arousal This is the player’s actual Sex Attributes arousal value. Shtick does not maintain a fake duplicate player-arousal system. Participation value changes the rate at which Sex Attributes' normal dynamic sex arousal increases. Willpower Willpower primarily affects resistance. High Willpower reduces how much movement leaks through while you are trying to hold against the wave Self-Esteem Self-Esteem determines how fast the avatar can move on the meter when moving with the wave. Higher Self-Esteem gives the player more speed to move with the waves. Orientation Orientation affects the initial Participation position when the scene begins. Negative Orientation values currently bias the starting point toward participation. Neutral or positive values begin at neutral. This is intentionally fairly mild. Orientation influences the starting condition rather than deciding the entire scene for you. Orgasm Shtick listens to actual Sex Attributes orgasm events. If Sex Attributes says an orgasm happened, Shtick considers it real. Shtick does not manufacture orgasms just to satisfy its own mechanics. This also means other mods that legitimately alter Sex Attributes orgasm behavior can naturally affect Shtick. Kick is a good example. If Kick causes an orgasm attempt to fail, Shtick does not award an orgasm because there wasn't one. If Kick causes what I call a kick-chain of actual Sex Attributes orgasms, Shtick sees all of them. This is intentional. Loss of Control Once player arousal becomes very high, Shtick will temporarily take control away from you. You are past the point of no return. At approximately 85 arousal, the Participation meter snaps back to neutral. During this state: Resist/Enjoy control stops influencing the meter. NPC progression temporarily stops. Participation remains neutral, so Sex Attributes continues at its default 1.0x arousal rate. Once player arousal falls below the release threshold, Shtick smoothly returns the Participation marker toward the scene’s starting position. When control is restored, the NPC receives a small arousal bump and normal gameplay resumes. The idea is to make extreme arousal meaningful and you'll lose control briefly. When/if arousal drops, you will regain control again. Note that currently there is a cooldown period embedded in Sex Attributes - the HUD will let you see this in action in real time. The current threshold for return of control is 75. This mostly affects Kick users (my other mod), If you dont want to use Kick, it'll just reset after each orgasm and go straight to the cooldown period. NPC Arousal and Scene Completion Shtick measures participation in the minigame as cumulative NPC Arousal. When NPC arousal maxes out, the scene ends. This is separate from the player’s Sex Attributes arousal. The red NPC bar on the top of the hud moves from right to left, it represents how close the encounter is to ending. When NPC arousal reaches 100, Shtick does not simply kill the animation or disable AAF. It requests a normal AAF StopScene() using the player as the target. AAF then performs its normal scene-end process. Shtick waits for the actual AAF stop event before shutting itself down. This has been much more reliable than trying to pretend Shtick owns the animation lifecycle. AAF still owns AAF. Shtick merely decides when it has had enough. Shtick does not control other AAF mods and their scene lengths. That means, for now, the way Shtick works is by setting other AAF mods to default scene lengths longer than you need to complete the shtick minigame. I would recommend around 120s, but you can do 300-600. If you do absolutely nothing to participate and play Shtick, the scene will time out per the AAF initiating mod's normal rules. Shtick merely ends them on its own terms if you give it the runway to exert its authority. Basically, the mechanic is simply "work the game, end the scene earlier than the mod would normally". I suggest if you play it as intended, you can probably use 90s+, but you can also use 300 or some other exorbitantly high value. Aggressive vs Consensual Scenes Shtick inspects AAF scene tags and metadata when a scene begins. Aggressive scenes are identified using AAF’s own scene information rather than by asking Sex Attributes to classify the scene. This matters because Sex Attributes has some classification functions with side effects, and I very deliberately do not want Shtick consuming another mod’s one-shot state just to answer a question it can answer itself. Current aggressive-scene detection takes into account: player-victim metadata aggressive tags consensual metadata player-aggressor metadata The result determines both gameplay tempo and XP behavior. This has been tested with both consensual and aggressive scenes and is currently behaving correctly in my load order. If you find a framework/mod/scene generator that uses strange metadata and Shtick classifies it incorrectly, please report it. That is exactly the kind of thing this beta is for. XP Shtick awards or removes normal Fallout XP when the player has a real Sex Attributes orgasm during an active Shtick scene. Current values: Consensual scene player orgasm: +10 XP Aggressive scene player orgasm: -10 XP The running scene XP total is displayed briefly above the Shtick HUD whenever it changes. Positive XP uses the normal Fallout-style HUD color. Negative XP is displayed in red. Negative XP cannot reduce the player below the beginning of their current level. You can lose progress toward your next level. You cannot be de-leveled. The level-floor protection approach was inspired by Sex Education, which is part of my every day mod stack, but it can be used with or without Shtick. AAF Integration Shtick does not care what animation is currently playing. It does not care whether AAF advances to another stage, another position, another animation tree entry, or some other internal scene state. As long as AAF still considers it one continuous player scene, Shtick remains active. This is important because I do not want Shtick tightly coupled to individual animation packs or position names. The intended lifecycle is: AAF starts a player scene. Shtick notices. Shtick runs. NPC progress reaches 100. Shtick asks AAF to stop. AAF actually stops. Shtick shuts down. That separation is deliberate. When another scene starts (think about mods like AAF Violate), shtick will restart with the next triggered scene. Controls Current default controls are: E — Resist (decrease playable character arousal rate) R — Enjoy (increase playable character arousal rate) There is no Progress towards completing the scene without playing the game. These are handled through the native F4SE Menu Framework input layer rather than through Papyrus key polling. That ended up being considerably more work than it sounds like it should have been. Welcome to Fallout 4. Input handling may become configurable later. For this first beta, I primarily want to know whether the mechanic itself is fun, intuitive, simple, and whether the default controls feel natural. F4SE Menu Framework 3 Shtick's HUD, rendering, and native input handling are built on F4SE Menu Framework 1.53+. This is a HARD requirement https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/105090 Sex Attributes Compatibility Patch Shtick currently makes one intentionally small change to Sex Attributes. Sex Attributes normally calculates its own dynamic sex-arousal gain internally. Shtick adds an external multiplier so Participation score can influence that rate without replacing Sex Attributes' arousal system or repeatedly correcting its value after the fact. The added property is effectively: Float Property ExternalDynamicSexArousalMult = 1.0 Auto and that multiplier is applied only to Sex Attributes' internal dynamic scene-arousal calculation. I specifically avoided modifying the public ModifyArousal() behavior because other mods call that API. This means Shtick currently ships a patched Sex Attributes script. That is something I would eventually prefer to replace with an official integration point if one becomes available. For now, this was the cleanest way I found to make the systems cooperate without creating duplicate arousal events or fighting Sex Attributes every update. If people like this, I plan to request the sex attributes mod author add a handle for Shtick to grab. I've already provided the small modification, so hopefully if this is needed, it's a simple update. This change to FPA_Main.pex should not affect any other mods. I was VERY careful to make sure I implemented this in a way that wouldn't upset the way any other mod I know of talks to sex attributes. How to Install Install the ShtickBetavX.Y.Z file through your normal Fallout 4 mod manager. SOURCE CODE FILE IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY - IT IS NOT A MOD. DO NOT DEPLOY IT IN VORTEX. It is the recipe to build the shtickNative.dll minigame. If you just want to use the mod, the main ShtickBetaV0.X.X.zip is all you need. This beta contains the Shtick ESP Compiled Papyrus scripts for Shtick Compiled papyrus scripts for Sex Attributes A native F4SE plugin Make sure all hard requirements are installed first. Current input handling lives inside ShtickNative.dll. USE BUNDLED SEX ATTRIBUTES (FPATTRIBUTES) PEX FILES - LOAD THEM AFTER DEFAULT SEX ATTRIBUTES FILES. If this is popular, I intend to request the author update their mod with a handle that Shtick can use directly, but the change made was VERY small. ANY AAF MODS NEED SCENE LENGTH EXTENDED LONG ENOUGH TO ENSURE THAT SHTICK HAS SCENE LENGTH ENDING AUTHORITY TO USE SHTICK AS INTENDED. RECOMMEND 300+ SECONDS TO ENSURE IT NEVER MATTERS Source code for Shtick is ShtickNative_Source_0.1.1.zip This is NOT REQUIRED TO INSTALL. It is there for transparency so people can see how ShtickInput.dll was made. It's reference, not required for anything else. If youre just an interested player, feel free to ignore, or yeet it into Claude or chatgpt for an explanation. UI.cpp in the src folder is the core 'game' if you want to open in notepad and look at the C++ code. Hard Requirements OLD GEN 1.10.163 for now - Current Version MAY be AE/NG compatible, waiting for feedback F4SE Runtime Database - Required for latest versions 0.2.0+ F4SE Menu Framework - Absolute HARD requirement Address Library for F4SE Plugins AAF and so on LL_FourPlay Sex Attributes / FPAttributes F4SE Menu Framework 3 Recommended Mods Kick - Shtick does not require Kick, but was intended to be a companion mod. Kick can affect Sex Attributes orgasm success, multiple-orgasm chains, arousal floors, Willpower, and other states. Because Shtick listens to Sex Attributes instead of trying to override it, those effects naturally become part of the minigame. Perverted Mechanics - Still early, but super fun mod, I think it makes it way more fun Sex Education - Adds to the XP modifier framework AAF Violate Oher AAF ecosystem mods such as Violate, Sexual Harassment, SEU, and similar scene initiators should generally be able to start scenes normally and allow Shtick to observe them, ENSURE YOU EXTEND YOUR SCENE LENGTHS to ensure that Shtick has enough runway to have scene-ending authority. Compatibility with every possible AAF initiator has absolutely not been tested. Please break it. What This Beta Is For The core loop is working. I am very excited about it. I want to see what the community thinks. At this point I am less interested in proving that the technology can function and more interested in whether other people actually find the thing fun. The areas where feedback would be especially useful are: minigame difficulty, oscillator tempo, Willpower balance, Self-Esteem balance, Loss of Control behavior, HUD readability, aggressive-scene difficulty, scene classification, AAF initiator compatibility, and whether any particular mod causes Shtick to activate or terminate incorrectly. If something feels bad, tell me. If something feels unexpectedly good, tell me that too. If you find a way to horribly break it that I somehow missed after spending far too much time staring at Papyrus logs, I especially want to know. Known Problems / Limitations Does not work on NG or AE yet AAF can hitch - Sometimes badly. Shtick is designed so that a game hitch generally behaves more like a pause than a catastrophic state jump, and so far it appears to recover cleanly when Fallout resumes. That does not mean Shtick is incapable of contributing to a hitch. It means I have not yet found evidence that its native update loop is the source of the large AAF pauses I occasionally see. If you encounter repeatable hitching that only happens with Shtick installed, please report it. Shtick is also being developed in an extremely modded AAF ecosystem. That is useful for stress testing. It is not useful for pretending I have a pristine scientific test environment. Shtick Requires enough time for its scene ending authority to matter Special Thanks and Credit DCCStudios F4SE Menu Framework 3. Shtick's native HUD and input system would not exist in its current form without this framework. QTR-Modding Original SKSE Menu Framework 3, on which the Fallout 4 framework is based. Omar Cornut / ocornut Dear ImGui. Ryan McKenzie CommonLibF4. P-K-0 and jarari D3D11 / ImGui reference patterns credited by F4SE Menu Framework. F4SE Team Fallout 4 Script Extender. AAF and its contributors For providing the scene framework Shtick observes instead of forcing me to invent one, which would have been a terrible idea. Sex Attributes / FPAttributes For providing the character stats, arousal, and orgasm systems Shtick is built around. Sex Education For the XP level-floor protection concept.The LoversLab community For creating an ecosystem where someone can say, “I think Fallout sex scenes need a skill-based oscillator tied to psychological stats,” and several people will respond by helping debug it instead of asking why. Submitter FieryVortessence Submitted 10/04/26 Category WIP / Beta Requirements F4SE Menu Framework Sex Attributes AAF etc Edited 5 hours ago by FieryVortessence Spelling, content, stupidity on my part 1
judge007 Posted yesterday at 12:31 AM Posted yesterday at 12:31 AM @FieryVortessence I noticed you included the .dll for the F4SEFramework, probably unnecessary and could run into issues with an older version of the framework overwriting yours. Otherwise a great idea! I'm definitely going to try this out, and I'm on 1.11.240 Incidentally, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/105090?tab=files is that that framework you're basing this on? Because it doesn't have a version 3 yet . . .
FieryVortessence Posted yesterday at 12:48 AM Author Posted yesterday at 12:48 AM (edited) 28 minutes ago, judge007 said: @FieryVortessence I noticed you included the .dll for the F4SEFramework, probably unnecessary and could run into issues with an older version of the framework overwriting yours. Otherwise a great idea! I'm definitely going to try this out, and I'm on 1.11.240 Incidentally, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/105090?tab=files is that that framework you're basing this on? Because it doesn't have a version 3 yet . . . The reason I included the DLL is that Shtick needs the newer Framework 3 API for the native HUD/input handling. The currently packaged public release on Nexus is still the older 1.53 build, while the GitHub source contains the newer 3.x code and explicitly supports current Fallout 4 runtimes. Feel free to look at it and its documentation on github: https://github.com/DCCStudios/F4SEMenuFramework I built the included DLL directly from that source so testers wouldn’t have to set up a C++ build environment just to try Shtick. I figure almost nobody is going to bother with it if they first have to learn how to compile their own DLLs. The older nexus build does not have the functionality Shtick needs for its current input/HUD implementation, so the updated DLL is required. The original Menu Framework mod is still required as well. That’s the setup I’ve been running, and I haven’t noticed any issues from it so far — at least no more than the usual Fallout 4 nonsense. It just works! There may be a better way to do this, but I spent many, many hours trying to do this easier ways and had no luck. Nothing was reliably responsive enough for something like this. Getting this working with the updated dll menuframework was a game changer and is literally the only reason this entire project was possible. I tried with the base nexus version and had no luck. I was about to give up when I finally figured out the source code was published for the newer versions, you just had to roll it yourself. I figured after days of trying every wild workaround I could imagine, there's no way it would actually work, and it was basically my hail mary to make the project viable. And.... here we are. I only develop and test on 1.10.163, though, so I genuinely have no idea yet whether Shtick itself works properly on NG/AE. EDIT: I just realized I put a PEX in the source folder and a psc in the script folder. Get the newer version. The old one will work but you'll have to manually move the .pex file under the source folder to the scripts folder. around. My mistake. Edited yesterday at 12:59 AM by FieryVortessence
FieryVortessence Posted yesterday at 01:00 AM Author Posted yesterday at 01:00 AM (edited) For the 11 of you who downloaded the first draft: I just realized I put a PEX in the source folder and a psc in the script folder. Get the newer version. I also included the wrong dll, accidentally included an earlier version before a strategy shift. It should be correct now. My apologies. Edited yesterday at 01:48 AM by FieryVortessence
judge007 Posted yesterday at 01:01 AM Posted yesterday at 01:01 AM 11 minutes ago, FieryVortessence said: The reason I included the DLL is that Shtick needs the newer Framework 3 API for the native HUD/input handling. The currently packaged public release on Nexus is still the older 1.53 build, while the GitHub source contains the newer 3.x code and explicitly supports current Fallout 4 runtimes. Feel free to look at it and its documentation on github: https://github.com/DCCStudios/F4SEMenuFramework I built the included DLL directly from that source so testers wouldn’t have to set up a C++ build environment just to try Shtick. I figure almost nobody is going to bother with it if they first have to learn how to compile their own DLLs. The older nexus build does not have the functionality Shtick needs for its current input/HUD implementation, so the updated DLL is required. The original Menu Framework mod is still required as well. That’s the setup I’ve been running, and I haven’t noticed any issues from it so far — at least no more than the usual Fallout 4 nonsense. It just works! There may be a better way to do this, but I spent many, many hours trying to do this easier ways and had no luck. Nothing was reliably responsive enough for something like this. Getting this working with the updated dll menuframework was a game changer and is literally the only reason this entire project was possible. I tried with the base nexus version and had no luck. I was about to give up when I finally figured out the source code was published for the newer versions, you just had to roll it yourself. I figured after days of trying every wild workaround I could imagine, there's no way it would actually work, and it was basically my hail mary to make the project viable. And.... here we are. I only develop and test on 1.10.163, though, so I genuinely have no idea yet whether Shtick itself works properly on NG/AE. Ouch, I have mods dependent on the one in the link I gave you. What would happen if the name of yours was changed?
FieryVortessence Posted yesterday at 01:52 AM Author Posted yesterday at 01:52 AM (edited) 1 hour ago, judge007 said: Ouch, I have mods dependent on the one in the link I gave you. What would happen if the name of yours was changed? Renaming it unfortunately wouldn’t really fix the underlying problem. Shtick is using the framework as a shared runtime dependency, and it specifically looks for F4SEMenuFramework.dll and calls that DLL’s exported API. If I renamed the newer framework DLL, I’d also have to change Shtick to look for the new name, and then I’d effectively be shipping a second private copy of Menu Framework instead of using the shared framework as intended. I can imagine that creating all kinds of weird conflicts or duplicated behavior with two framework instances running side by side. Maybe it’s technically possible, but I don’t think it’s the right solution. The better answer is probably that the newer 3.x DLL should be treated as an update to the older 1.53 DLL, not a separate framework. This is not a different mod or a separate fork of F4SE Menu Framework. It is a newer build from the official F4SE Menu Framework source, by the same project/authors as the Nexus version, and Shtick still requires the original framework mod around it. The 3.x source is explicitly intended to support existing plugin consumers while adding the newer APIs. Fallout being Fallout, who knows what will actually happen in every load order. My hope is that nothing does and it behaves exactly like an in-place framework update should. By the way, I keep finding mistakes in the way I bundled the loose files, and I’m still cleaning those up. I was pretty eager to get this posted and definitely jumped the gun a bit. To you and anyone else poking around at it, my apologies for not getting the package cleaner before posting. I’m still relatively new to this. Edited yesterday at 02:23 AM by FieryVortessence Im a dumb dumb
judge007 Posted yesterday at 02:06 AM Posted yesterday at 02:06 AM 9 minutes ago, FieryVortessence said: Renaming it unfortunately wouldn’t really fix the underlying problem. Shtick is using the framework as a shared runtime dependency, and it specifically looks for F4SEMenuFramework.dll and calls that DLL’s exported API. If I renamed the newer framework DLL, I’d also have to change Shtick to look for the new name, and then I’d effectively be shipping a second private copy of Menu Framework instead of using the shared framework as intended. I can imagine that creating all kinds of weird conflicts or duplicated behavior with two framework instances running side by side. Maybe it’s technically possible, but I don’t think it’s the right solution. The better answer is probably that the newer 3.x DLL should be treated as an update to the older 1.53 DLL, not a separate framework. This is not a different mod or a separate fork of F4SE Menu Framework. It is a newer build from the official F4SE Menu Framework source, by the same project/authors as the Nexus version, and Shtick still requires the original framework mod around it. The 3.x source is explicitly intended to support existing plugin consumers while adding the newer APIs. Fallout being Fallout, who knows what will actually happen in every load order. My hope is that nothing does and it behaves exactly like an in-place framework update should. By the way, I keep finding mistakes in the way I bundled the loose files, and I’m still cleaning those up. I was pretty eager to get this posted and definitely jumped the gun a bit. To you and anyone else poking around at it, my apologies for not getting the package cleaner before posting. I’m still relatively new to this. Hell, man! We suffer through every other mod authors output, so why not yours? God, I hope JB, MSM_Alice, dagobaking, Allnarta, Riveth, lee3310, Izzy, do not read this thread! I think I'll just leave while the getting's good . . .
FieryVortessence Posted yesterday at 02:20 AM Author Posted yesterday at 02:20 AM (edited) 22 minutes ago, judge007 said: Hell, man! We suffer through every other mod authors output, so why not yours? God, I hope JB, MSM_Alice, dagobaking, Allnarta, Riveth, lee3310, Izzy, do not read this thread! I think I'll just leave while the getting's good . . . I really, REALLY hope you dont have to suffer through anything I make, but please dont compare me to the rest of them. They've earned a real place here. I haven't earned the slack yet! Thanks for engaging, I am really hoping the menuframework is as backwards compatible as the documentation claimed. by the way the initial goal with this was that htis would be part of a package to replace sex harassment. That's WAY too ambitious for me, but so was this, and I somehow got this far. No promises any of it is good, but Im swinging for the fences. But the Sex Harassment angle + Kick is why I called it SH-tick. I want it to be a companion mod of sorts if I finish the rest of it. I've got ideas, but no idea if they can be implemented. This mod will eventually include that IF I can make it all work, but I figured I'd release this now, because frankly, I think it's a ton of fun. Edited yesterday at 02:29 AM by FieryVortessence 1
judge007 Posted yesterday at 05:17 AM Posted yesterday at 05:17 AM 2 hours ago, FieryVortessence said: I really, REALLY hope you dont have to suffer through anything I make, but please dont compare me to the rest of them. They've earned a real place here. I haven't earned the slack yet! Thanks for engaging, I am really hoping the menuframework is as backwards compatible as the documentation claimed. Don't count yourself out just yet. You have to remember where they got THEIR start, it is just like yours. Little steps. Make mistakes. Fix 'em. Rinse and repeat.
woodrealmelf Posted yesterday at 05:23 AM Posted yesterday at 05:23 AM hmm everytime i load this it crashes to startup im in v1.11.221
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 05:24 AM Posted yesterday at 05:24 AM Hey there this sounds like a great addition to SA's arousal system, and the gameplay overall. So, I'll bravely give it a try However, when installing (via Vortex) SHtick asks for the HUD Framework as its Master. That wasn't in my load-order so I did install it for now and will start a quick test shortly. You might want to check if you missed to mention a dependency in your description or why it is asking for this additional mod. Anyway, thanks for sharing this one! Could be a great deal of fun!
MSM_Alice Posted yesterday at 05:34 AM Posted yesterday at 05:34 AM (edited) 8 hours ago, FieryVortessence said: Have you ever wanted an AAF experience where you're actually playing instead of just watching? Have you ever wanted Sex Attributes to matter during a scene instead of mostly before and after it? Have you ever wanted Resisting, Participating, Arousal, Willpower, Self-Esteem, and the actual outcome of the scene to feel like parts of the same system? Yes, I absolutely did want those, and because no one (as far as I could tell) was doing it with the degree of nuance I wanted back in 2025, I built the Sexfight Minigame from the MSMA mod using Papyrus, plus kept building a consequence for outcome system that carries on to outside AAF as well, and made the outcomes matter (as winning/losing brings about consequences, tied in with the story premise). The above it NOT a critique, just happy there is more activity in this space, more options for AAF minigames (from someone who can actually put together DLLs and not just Papyrus scripting, no less) is far better than fewer minigames, to be applauded, and if this is a framework, I will be looking at it closely and full of hope to see if I can integrate it as an alternative to the current MSMA Sexfight minigame gameplay mechanic to have fun with the friendlies or "defeat" the aggressors. Will probably have to adapt the concept of timed challenges/ timed aswer to challenges, and the "difficulty" factors, tied not only to player status but also the partner's status, conversational context, mental landscape, physical size, and the personal preferences/fetishes of the participants, also feed into this "difficulty input" (as they do in the old minigame); All that self-esteem and willpower, arousal are already being used . But there is probably a way to do "translations" of these concepts into "Schtic" inputs. There's also the challenge of how the adaptation should handle multi-actor animations and what are the win conditions/partial win conditions there, where there can be several "targets", each with their own separate difficulty, The way I solved the Arousal limitations is not by patching the Sex Attributes script to add an extra, direct control lever for it, because there are many mods that play with it , scale, it, block it, and do all sorts of things to it that are hard to extrapolate. So to have some form of control over the gameplay experience that is consistent (and not mysteriously blocked), I resolved to also creates a second, parallel "Arousal-like" variable called "extra pleasure" that both the player and the other participants have ( not an Actor Value, but rather something that is spun up only for that particular instance of the minigame) , and that one I manage separately without stepping on any toes, and that can serve as a secondary orgasm condition (and a trigger for other factors), and I only call ModifyArousal as needed, but not super-core. If I am able to integrate Schtic minigame into MSMA, I can easily draw on any of its exposed globals that you originally intended to drive arousal to also ( or instead) drive the "extra pleasure ", in a way to make the minigame output meaningful, even without any external dependencies, like an edited Sex Attributes script. If this is meant to be a framework, and not necessarily a mod: Are there any exposed minigame Difficulty inputs at script level? ( aside from trying to do so by "gaming" the SA variables that are already being tracked). Can the aggressive nature of an interaction be set rather than inferred from animation tags? Are there any exposed real-time Minigame outputs at script level so one can figure out how well the player is doing? Is the multi-actor aspect being handled in any way, and if so, how? Or is it only meant to be focused on just the player and their stats, and other partner context ( physical/,mental/their own separate arousal/ their own separate pleasure and orgasms) do not yet matter at all? Trying to figure out how I can include it as a layer into a gameplay system that tracks a LOT of variables/context and goes beyond the AAF scene. Edited yesterday at 07:46 AM by MSM_Alice
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 06:16 AM Posted yesterday at 06:16 AM 42 minutes ago, JonX67 said: Hey there this sounds like a great addition to SA's arousal system, and the gameplay overall. So, I'll bravely give it a try However, when installing (via Vortex) SHtick asks for the HUD Framework as its Master. That wasn't in my load-order so I did install it for now and will start a quick test shortly. You might want to check if you missed to mention a dependency in your description or why it is asking for this additional mod. Anyway, thanks for sharing this one! Could be a great deal of fun! Alllright, had the first AAF's running (triggered by AF Violate, if that makes a difference). And your UI/HUD bar doesn't show up. It might be coming from a conflict between the above mentioned HUD Framework and FALL UI HUD that I am using (I am using the whole FALL UI Series). FALL UI HUD tells me that it needs its own framework to work (unsurprisingly). Also I am apparently playing on a different screen-resolution as you do (from the screenshot you shared it looks as if you play a wide-screen). I play on basic resolution of 1920x1080. However, it seems as if you mod is doing something. Because durinig the AAF scene I am seeing messages like "Entering Hold-up mode" (or so...) on the top left, where you usually see the notifications from Sex Attributes. Though pressing E and/or R doesn't seem to have any effect. More testing ahead, I guess
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 06:46 AM Posted yesterday at 06:46 AM Okay,... I disabled FALL UI HUD (and FALL UI Icon Library that needs it). But still the SHtick HUD doesn't show on the screen. Still get the "Entering/Exiting Hold-up mode" notifications. For now, I am going to remove SHtick, as it has too much influence on mods that I don't want to remove (the FALL UI HUD and Library). I'll have an eye on SHtick, though and will try again later.
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 07:10 AM Posted yesterday at 07:10 AM hmm.... I guess I have to put out a warning! After removing SHtick and its dependencies (the HUD Framework and the Menu Framework) Fallout doesn't start via the script extender anymore.... It starts when using Steam. I am almost sure it has to do with the screen-resolution. I am playing on a laptop with a monitor connected. The (quite old) laptops runs on 1920x1080 natively. The monitor on 2560x1440. This conflict causes FO to crash during start-up. I had that before and managed to solve it by setting the monitor resolution to 1920-1080. This time this "trick" doesn't work anymore... No idea why. When using Script Extender to start the game it also crashes when no monitor is connected to the laptop.... Guess I just crashed my load-order.....
Samhsay Posted yesterday at 07:16 AM Posted yesterday at 07:16 AM 5 minutes ago, JonX67 said: hmm.... I guess I have to put out a warning! After removing SHtick and its dependencies (the HUD Framework and the Menu Framework) Fallout doesn't start via the script extender anymore.... It starts when using Steam. I am almost sure it has to do with the screen-resolution. I am playing on a laptop with a monitor connected. The (quite old) laptops runs on 1920x1080 natively. The monitor on 2560x1440. This conflict causes FO to crash during start-up. I had that before and managed to solve it by setting the monitor resolution to 1920-1080. This time this "trick" doesn't work anymore... No idea why. When using Script Extender to start the game it also crashes when no monitor is connected to the laptop.... Guess I just crashed my load-order..... Did u use MO2 or vortex?
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 07:34 AM Posted yesterday at 07:34 AM 17 minutes ago, Samhsay said: Did u use MO2 or vortex? Vortex
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 08:12 AM Posted yesterday at 08:12 AM 56 minutes ago, JonX67 said: hmm.... I guess I have to put out a warning! After removing SHtick and its dependencies (the HUD Framework and the Menu Framework) Fallout doesn't start via the script extender anymore.... It starts when using Steam. I am almost sure it has to do with the screen-resolution. I am playing on a laptop with a monitor connected. The (quite old) laptops runs on 1920x1080 natively. The monitor on 2560x1440. This conflict causes FO to crash during start-up. I had that before and managed to solve it by setting the monitor resolution to 1920-1080. This time this "trick" doesn't work anymore... No idea why. When using Script Extender to start the game it also crashes when no monitor is connected to the laptop.... Guess I just crashed my load-order..... Okay... Update on this: After re-installing the "F4SE Menu Framework" the game starts and runs normal again when using Skript Extender. I'm still (half) sure that it has to do with the screen-resolution mismatch thing, but I'll have to try and find out what is messing around with what. So, here's hope that at some point I can re-join the group of SHtick testers
judge007 Posted yesterday at 09:37 AM Posted yesterday at 09:37 AM Just to let you know, this will only run on OldGen, The Shtick.dll is the limiting factor. The F4SEFramework dll will run on Oldgen, NG, 1.11.221 and 1.11.240 If you can get the Shtick dll to work with multiple F4SE versions, I'll try again. Using your F4SEFramework in place of 1.5.3 from Nexus allows the game to boot. 1
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 10:15 AM Posted yesterday at 10:15 AM 36 minutes ago, judge007 said: Just to let you know, this will only run on OldGen, The Shtick.dll is the limiting factor. The F4SEFramework dll will run on Oldgen, NG, 1.11.221 and 1.11.240 If you can get the Shtick dll to work with multiple F4SE versions, I'll try again. Using your F4SEFramework in place of 1.5.3 from Nexus allows the game to boot. As I am running 1.11.221 I will join you hanging around in the waiting zone.
judge007 Posted yesterday at 10:55 AM Posted yesterday at 10:55 AM 38 minutes ago, JonX67 said: As I am running 1.11.221 I will join you hanging around in the waiting zone. Looks like you can't check your .dll files before trying run them, CM Toolkit has a release for 1.11.240 that you can try. I Believe it should work as it has an entry for 1.11.221 dll's https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/87907?tab=posts&comment_id=174718299 It's in the comment by RowanSkie
JonX67 Posted yesterday at 11:09 AM Posted yesterday at 11:09 AM 11 minutes ago, judge007 said: Looks like you can't check your .dll files before trying run them, CM Toolkit has a release for 1.11.240 that you can try. I Believe it should work as it has an entry for 1.11.221 dll's https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/87907?tab=posts&comment_id=174718299 It's in the comment by RowanSkie Yeah, I have an eye on the CM Toolkit over at the Nexus. Though, right now I am not in the mood to change the game version to anything other than what I have right now, and having to check and customize 300 mods for their compatibility... (My game is already "downgraded" from 240 to 221). Maybe when I start my next load-order rebuild.
judge007 Posted yesterday at 11:24 AM Posted yesterday at 11:24 AM 13 minutes ago, JonX67 said: Yeah, I have an eye on the CM Toolkit over at the Nexus. Though, right now I am not in the mood to change the game version to anything other than what I have right now, and having to check and customize 300 mods for their compatibility... (My game is already "downgraded" from 240 to 221). Maybe when I start my next load-order rebuild. What I meant was that is a dev version that'll work for 1.11.221, no downgrading required.
Cealapa Posted yesterday at 11:57 AM Posted yesterday at 11:57 AM 2 hours ago, judge007 said: Just to let you know, this will only run on OldGen, The Shtick.dll is the limiting factor. The F4SEFramework dll will run on Oldgen, NG, 1.11.221 and 1.11.240 If you can get the Shtick dll to work with multiple F4SE versions, I'll try again. Using your F4SEFramework in place of 1.5.3 from Nexus allows the game to boot. Me too. I'm waiting for an update 👍
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now