Z0mBieP00Nani Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago So I'll start an animation and everything will be fine, but then after a time the animation progress pie will freeze about a quarter of the way through and the same animation will play on repeat, not only that but the sims will no longer become selectable, and bringing up the menu to save or quit the game will not cause the animations to pause, they will continue to play in the background, also clicking on most random items stops bringing up a pie menu, and I can not exit the animation that is in play at the time. I can quit out of the game, but not back to the main menu, quitting to the main menu has only produced an infinte load screen. One sim is a human and the other is an alien. This is interesting to me because I was not haveing this issue before. I thought it might have something to do with a custom skin tone mod I made for aliens, but removing that file seemed to make no difference, the only other thing I have done since then is install a default replacemnt for alien eyes, something called whisper eyes, but I'm not sure how that could be tied to animations freezing. I'm also not getting any error logs for this. It's as if the game just overloads the memory on my computer and it causes a partial freeze during the animation sequence.
SilentAegis Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago (edited) This sounds vaguely similar to an issue I had a couple of years ago. Sims started freezing for no reason and would eventually become completely unresponsive during normal gameplay. Fix was updating the game, but to this day, I don't know why that fixed it since freezing versions should be entirely fine. Nor do I know the cause. It's especially telling that it seems this started happening all of a sudden, just as my issue did. So with that, a couple of questions so that you'll hopefully be able to avoid doing the same: Is this strictly only during WW animations? Does the game behave fine until you start up a sequence? In Task Manager, when this happens, is RAM usage sitting at an unusually high number? 95-100% or so? Is the simulation clock still advancing? Does this happen in another save? Does this happen on completely different Sims? Edited 1 hour ago by SilentAegis
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now