Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Oohtre said:

 

First question, is the blade equipped? Because in the screenshot it is hard to tell but it doesn't look like it. That is the player needs to have the blade in their hand for most features to work, the Beat Down feature being an exception as well as some of the executions.

 

Secondly the reference to Hunter's Knife AFAIK this weapon isn't in the base game. There is a mod called Hunter's Knife, and if you have it installed it might be conflicting with my mod. But I tried reproducing it and couldn't get it to fail with that mod installed. Still its worth trying with Hunter's Knife disabled, and equip the weapon and then try Verify Blade Detect again.

 

Honestly if its not equipped and you were so certain the mod is broken you should really have a laugh at that. If its not either of those things (equipped or the conflicting mod, feel free to send me your Papyrus logs, see instructions above. 

 

In fact, all i have is Pickman's Knife.

I start the game, player.setlevel 2, add perk, coc pickmangallerext, go inside, hack the wall safe, take Knife, blade is NOT acknowledged unless I "force bond."

Delete NPCs with Knife or press \ "blade not drawn." 

Delete NPCs with Knife then  press / "blade not drawn."

Kind of wondering if you have made this on a rolled back OG game and not a real one. May be the problem.

Mine game is OG NOT roll back!

Also, dont use MO2

Edited by bgutterbob
Posted
12 hours ago, Oohtre said:

 

That error means the plugin and the scripts in your install don't match, so the quest can't bind its config and voice aliases. The mod won't do much in that state, so it's worth fixing rather than ignoring.

  1. Open MCM → Pickman's Whisper. The header should read Version 1.5.0 · Cut Off Pussy. If it shows an older version, your scripts and config didn't update.
  2. Make sure there's only one Pickman's Whisper mod entry, and check MO2's Overwrite folder for loose PickmansWhisper.esp or Scripts\PickmansWhisper*.pex. Leftovers from an older or manual install are the usual culprit — delete those.
  3. Reinstall the 1.5.0 FOMOD fresh and let it overwrite. The installer always places the plugin and scripts together, so a clean reinstall guarantees they match.
  4. Quit to desktop (not just to the main menu) and relaunch.
  5. If this only started after updating an existing playthrough, try a new game to confirm. Quest alias layout is baked into a running save, so an old save can keep the stale version.

If it survives all that, please post your Papyrus log. Add this to Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Then quit to desktop, relaunch, load your save, and attach Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log. Search it for PickmansWhisper and the lines around the first error will say exactly which bind failed. Please DM me the output from the Papyrus logs and I will debug it.

I ran a strict process-of-elimination test on a clean baseline to find exactly where your code chokes, and the results prove your script logic is fundamentally flawed.

When I ran your mod with only your stated bare requirements, not even meeting the full mandatory setup for AAF itself, your mod only half-worked. The main debug page falsely showed not drawn, but your manual debug verification pass actually succeeded.

However, the second I installed full requirements for AAF, some AAF/loverslab mods, and Classy Chassis, your mod instantly dropped dead and threw a permanent FAIL - not drawn loop again.

Posted
On 9/11/2026 at 9:13 PM, bgutterbob said:

I dont have hunters knife installed and yes the blade is drawn. Not only does my stance appear to be armed, you can slightly see it in the right hand

 

That makes zero sense then as there is no "Hunters Knife" in the base game.

 

Anyway if you want further help I need the papyrus log. Otherwise help yourself, help me, help the community and actually debug it! Disable all mods but the required ones. Does it work? Then keep re-enabling your mods till it breaks. Otherwise sorry it works for me, if it works for one other person I'm happy, hopefully more. I'm not getting paid for this, I just want to share my darkness with others.

 

One more thing and I'll update the requirements later to mention this explicitly. I am not running on the recent released version of the game.

Screenshot_20260913-224522.png

Posted
47 minutes ago, Oohtre said:

 

That makes zero sense then as there is no "Hunters Knife" in the base game.

 

Anyway if you want further help I need the papyrus log. Otherwise help yourself, help me, help the community and actually debug it! Disable all mods but the required ones. Does it work? Then keep re-enabling your mods till it breaks. Otherwise sorry it works for me, if it works for one other person I'm happy, hopefully more. I'm not getting paid for this, I just want to share my darkness with others.

 

One more thing and I'll update the requirements later to mention this explicitly. I am not running on the recent released version of the game.

Screenshot_20260913-224522.png

I am not sure if you're just NOT a good reader, but it seems that way. You also continually misinterpret information.
I literally stated in my last comment that I removed all mods EXCEPT your mod and its dependencies. Even then, it only partially worked—the main debug page falsely claimed I didn't have the knife drawn, while your manual verification step showed it succeeded.
Instantly, upon adding standard AAF animations and a few LoversLab mods, your mod completely broke.
Furthermore, your mod directly interferes with SavageCabbage animations. The second I removed your mod from my data folder, Vortex flagged a warning that SavageCabbage files had been modified externally.
I would love to give you more troubleshooting data, but you've already misinterpreted the short paragraphs I've already written!
Posted

Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) 

AAF 

AAF Vanilla Kinky Creature Animations Themes 

AAF Creature-Resources 

LooksMenu 

Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) 

Fast Start - Skip Prewar Sanctuary 

Address Library for F4SE Plugins 

Garden of Eden Papyrus Script Extender 

SFT 

PorcOverlays_esl

INVB_OverlayFramework 

PickmansWhisper (v1.5.0.zip)

 

 

Today's errors, again, every run is different 

Test Error One & Two Log Write-Up

error: Static function GetCameraTargetReference not found on object GardenOfEden3. Aborting call and returning no stack

Posted

Because of trolls, I'll probably stop reading these posts. If you want help send me your papyrus logs, or a screenshot from the logs. I just need to see anything from my mod. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Oohtre said:

Because of trolls, I'll probably stop reading these posts. If you want help send me your papyrus logs, or a screenshot from the logs. I just need to see anything from my mod. 

Literally sent you the problem, but you cant handle that your mod is crap. Or, you know your mod is crap and your trying to swindle pii.

Edited by bgutterbob
Posted (edited)

Saw there was a new Garden of Eden (GoE) release this month and decided to see if the update would make this mod work.

Thought I would have to eat crow, as the new GoE and the min requirements for this mod was working.

Unfortunately, as I slowly added in more of my essential mods back, this mod continuously broke on about 25% of the ¼ of essential mods i added back before saying fck it.

 

Conclusion

This mod is 🔥🗑

🚮

Edited by bgutterbob
Posted (edited)

Mod Compatibility Breakdown: Pickman's Whisper

Core Vulnerability: Highly unstable framework that may break when combined with custom actor value edits, NPC makeovers, body presets, or clothing/armor add-ons.

Broken UI / Menu Elements: Built-in menu controls and options accessed via bracket ( ] ) key fail to function as intended out of the box.

Leveled List & Weapon Incompatibility: Most weapon additions and custom items injected into leveled lists will cause severe conflicts or outright breakages.

World Space & Add-on Conflicts: External world edits and location add-ons frequently trigger failures, though results vary depending on specific mod architecture.

Slavery Framework Incompatibility: Dedicated slavery and management mods (such as Just Business, Human Resources, and Abduction) are fundamentally incompatible and will corrupt the session.

Load Order Volatility: Requires hyper-specific, highly brittle load order positioning (sometimes forcing top-of-load-order priority just to prevent framework collapse when combined with mods like MCG or SEU, only to shift as other blocks are introduced).

Diagnostic Tell: Watch the upper left-hand corner when loading. If the mod flashes 3 times, it is completely broken. If it flashes just once, it's more than likely going to work. 

Recovery Protocol: Walking back a broken state often requires more than just disabling newly added mods; you may have to completely uninstall Pickman's Whisper and manually purge any leftover files out of your data folder.

Game users of v .163 (OG) may want to download the newest version of Garden of Eden released this month (Sept. 2026).

Edited by bgutterbob
Posted

======================================================================
[BUG REPORT]: Persistent HUD Warning - "VoiceAlias/ModConfigAlias unbound"
[RUNTIME PLATFORM]: Fallout 4 Pre-Next-Gen (v1.10.163)
[DIAGNOSTIC ISOLATION DATA]: 
  - Verified Player has "Lady Killer" Rank 1 active (player.hasperk returns 1.00).
  - Verified Player has Pickman's Blade present in active inventory.
  - Tested via clean, isolation profile deployment (disabling framework overhauls like Heartbreaker entirely).
  - Isolated issue persists on pristine fresh manual save states.

[THE ENGINE BREAKDOWN]:
The script engine is systematically firing a real-time tracking error the precise frame a target NPC enters the crosshairs. This behavior is tightly correlated with the following Papyrus exceptions:
  1. Pickman's Whisper: ModConfigAlias unbound — rebuild esp
  2. Pickman's Whisper: VoiceAlias unbound — rebuild esp

Because "ModConfigAlias" is hard-failing alongside the tracking loop, the underlying background quest scripts appear to be dropping or failing to initialize their required metadata links with the active MCM configuration files and GOE (Garden of Eden) Papyrus engine handlers. The script logic fails to dynamically assign the scanned target actor data into the quest scene speaker buckets (Aliases), causing the system to loop and dump HUD text warnings continuously.
======================================================================

 

20260919_204827.jpg

20260919_205105.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hello! I managed to activate the Papyrus engine tracer and capture the explicit script handshake failure causing the persistent HUD "VoiceAlias / ModConfigAlias unbound — rebuild esp" text notifications. 

The runtime error engine throws a severe binding type type-mismatch error immediately upon save initialization:

[Papyrus Trace Evidence]:
error: Unable to bind script pickmansWhisperVoiceAliasScript to alias VoiceAlias on quest PickmansWhisperMain (81000800) because their base types do not match
error: Unable to bind script pickmansWhisperModConfigScript to alias ModConfigAlias on quest PickmansWhisperMain (81000800) because their base types do not match

Followed immediately by the target flags falling out of bounds:
warning: Variable ::ModConfigAlias_var on script pickmansWhisperMainQuestScript has an invalid type pickmansWhisperModConfigScript loaded from save. 
error: Variable object type pickmansWhisperModConfigScript is unknown - data will be ignored.

It looks like the base object compilation types defined within the pickmansWhisperVoiceAliasScript.pex and pickmansWhisperModConfigScript.pex source scripts have a strict structural conflict with the active record allocation types assigned to the Aliases layout inside the physical .esp plugin. Hope this trace log helps you pinpoint the type bindings!

 

Papyrus.2.log

Edited by yor273c

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...