Might get me banned but I don't really care. Why almost no non-Chinese know of this mod? FreeMem 1.2

Call me Contrary Mary, but ironically my game is more unstable with Freemem, which is typical of my luck really, I get a whole rash of CTDs with this installed, if I uninstall it I'm stable again. I guess something else is messing with it, I'm using Uriel's version of the mem patch and I configured Freemem as directed in the original thread, but it doesn't want to play nice. 

I'm mad keen to get this working because I think my setup probably needs it. Anyone else had this issue and found a way to fix it? 

I'm so very happy to see this thread back to page 1 Q_Q (The mod wasn't mine tho, but still it's a nice feeling)

What are the differences between using this rather than HialgoBoost? http://www.hialgo.com/main.html

HialgoBoost creates a pseudo feel of smoothness to your game. In order words, everytime you turn left/right (which happens a lot in combat), your resolution drops around 1.5 ~ 3 times 1920 x 1080 drops to around 1280 x 768 ~ 640 x 480 (again just my examples, the actual res may not be this low). Your fps stays the same thorough the process. This process frees some of your VRAM I believe, bot only when it's in action. Freemem doesn't address VRAM. All it does is freeing your system RAM so you have more space for scripts + textures to run.

Not sure why you expected a ban for this.

Because the mod is not mine, and I have no idea how to contact the author (I don't even speak Chinese to begin with). Also, being a long time Nexus member (since 2007), I can assure you that if I post this translation on the Nexus site, I will be banned in less than 24 hours. Oh, and if you can speak/understand Chinese, can you message badmi (the author of FreeMem) saying Shumoko from LoversLab sends him his best regards?

im using SSME + cleanmem. does that mean i cannot use this? or that i should uninstall cleanmem first? if so, what does "clean save" mean in the context of 3rd party?

Someone already helped you with SSME + Freemem combo, so lemme explain "clean save." Whenever you uninstall a mod with scripts already running in you game, the scripts remain in your save game making it to load, and creating CTDs. At that point, your save is a "dirty/bloated save." Clean save is the opposite of that. And if your question is "Does uninstalling cleanmem affect my save game in anyway?" Rest assure that it won't ^_^ .

Call me Contrary Mary, but ironically my game is more unstable with Freemem, which is typical of my luck really, I get a whole rash of CTDs with this installed, if I uninstall it I'm stable again. I guess something else is messing with it, I'm using Uriel's version of the mem patch and I configured Freemem as directed in the original thread, but it doesn't want to play nice. 

I'm mad keen to get this working because I think my setup probably needs it. Anyone else had this issue and found a way to fix it? 

Nah, as much as I am a fan of this mod, I don't think it is flawless. Probably there are compability issues (also this is why my attitude is always "Try this, it may help you"), but since I cannot read Chinese + Google Translate is a torture, I really can't help you more besides saying "If it doesn't break, don't fix it." Q_Q  If your game is stable now, I think it is the best way to not change anything. Oh one thing to consider, everytime freemem flushes the memory, stuffs wil need to be loaded all over again, this causes different levels of stuttering if your mod setup is really script-heavy(the stuttering lasts a couple seconds depending on your memory usage, my peak mem use is around 900 MB not counting VRAM and the stuttering time is 1-2 secs whenever I enter a new cells, but, again, it could be different on other comps). Due to this fact, I have an uneducated guess that if there are lots of scripts that need reinitialized after the memory is cleaned, your game can be clogged up (resulting in freeze and/or ctds). So yeah, best bet is not to use Freemem if your game is already stable.

I was already using Sheeson's patch and ENBoost (and those had pretty much eliminated all CTDs for me) before seeing this patch.  I installed it anyway, and I can't tell if I'm having any fewer crashes since I was having so few before, but I did find that since installing this patch it's almost impossible to see underwater.  If my PC is swimming completely underwater all I can see is a gray screen.  View half above the water and half below works ok, but straight down doesn't.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Sounds really familiar to Green water issue of ENB a couple years ago. Did you check out "Green water fix" on the Nexus?

Nah, as much as I am a fan of this mod, I don't think it is flawless. Probably there are compability issues (also this is why my attitude is always "Try this, it may help you"), but since I cannot read Chinese + Google Translate is a torture, I really can't help you more besides saying "If it doesn't break, don't fix it." Q_Q  If your game is stable now, I think it is the best way to not change anything. Oh one thing to consider, everytime freemem flushes the memory, stuffs wil need to be loaded all over again, this causes different levels of stuttering if your mod setup is really script-heavy(the stuttering lasts a couple seconds depending on your memory usage, my peak mem use is around 900 MB not counting VRAM and the stuttering time is 1-2 secs whenever I enter a new cells, but, again, it could be different on other comps). Due to this fact, I have an uneducated guess that if there are lots of scripts that need reinitialized after the memory is cleaned, your game can be clogged up (resulting in freeze and/or ctds). So yeah, best bet is not to use Freemem if your game is already stable.

I think you're probably right, on entering a new cell just after a fresh load my highly developed modders witchy senses began to twitch as I felt a  "hai desktop" moment was about to unfold, and lo verily,  it came to pass.  

I tend to avoid scripted mods if I can, my game is kind of balanced on a knife edge. I get pretty good performance and stability with my 190 odd plugins overall but if I were to add something like Immersive Creatures  things would likely go south pretty rapidly, it's that tight in there lol.

Shame, this mod sounds delightfully useful but yeah, if a setup is already on the verge of shitting itself I've a feeling what this does might act as a laxative :)

Personnally this plus SKSE 1.7 alpha works very well on my PC, occasionally i have the issue of loading a save game (will CTD on first attempt then work on 2nd or can totally avoid by starting a new game and then loading the save game from the prision cell) and i'm using...

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
actorEvents.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
paradise_halls.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
SharedSeranaDialogue.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
DeathHoundFix.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
questfixes.esp=1
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp=1
lockpickvision.esp=1
vidani's bag of holding.esp=1
Books of Skyrim Compilation.esp=1
craftablelockpicks.esp=0
dragonsoulstoperks.esp=1
dungeonquestawareness.esp=1
FreeMem.esp=1
High Level Enemies.esp=1
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp=1
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp=1
LoversVictim.esp=1
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp=1
MF_SpectatorCrowds.esp=1
PuppetMaster.esp=1
SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
sextoys-calyps-2.esp=1
smelterinriverwood.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
armorcirclets.esp=1
Remodeled Armor.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Dawnguard.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Dragonborn.esp=1
TERAArmors.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
Devious Deviants.esp=1
My Home Is Your Home.esp=1
run for your lives.esp=1
when vampires attack.esp=1
sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1
SDpatch - dawnguard.esp=1
SDpatch - dragonborn.esp=1
SDpatch - frostfall.esp=1
the paarthurnax dilemma.esp=1
Lightweight Potions and Poisons.esp=1
cbbecurvy.esp=1
guardskillcomments.esp=1
ImmersiveFP.esp=1
SexLab Horny Followers.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
the hunting game - thegreylight.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
zzEstrus.esp=1
Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
No Kill Moves.esp=1
NiruinsBusinessPlan.esp=1
SexLab Cumshot.esp=1
AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp=1
theeyesofbeauty.esp=1
paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp=1
paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp=1
paradise_halls_family_feud.esp=1
SlaversHideout.esp=1
askfollowerskills.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp=1
crimsonquestmarkers.esp=1
barenziahquestmarkers.esp=1
CD - Slave No Clothes.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
ingot recovery.esp=1
SexLabDangerousNights.esp=1
SLDesc.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1
SexLab Solutions v2.esp=1
Latex Armor.esp=1
Zipsuit.esp=1
erboscookingexp.esp=1
no vampire attacks before dawnguard.esp=1
Spanking.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
HDTSlaveHeels.esp=1
XiNafay - Shoes.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1
SexLab Submit Serana.esp=1

Which is what 105/106 mods

P.S.

Cheers for posting this if i haven't already said that :)

I was already using Sheeson's patch and ENBoost (and those had pretty much eliminated all CTDs for me) before seeing this patch.  I installed it anyway, and I can't tell if I'm having any fewer crashes since I was having so few before, but I did find that since installing this patch it's almost impossible to see underwater.  If my PC is swimming completely underwater all I can see is a gray screen.  View half above the water and half below works ok, but straight down doesn't.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Sounds really familiar to Green water issue of ENB a couple years ago. Did you check out "Green water fix" on the Nexus?

Thanks very much!  The "Green water fix" did fix the problem.

Personnally this plus SKSE 1.7 alpha works very well on my PC, occasionally i have the issue of loading a save game (will CTD on first attempt then work on 2nd or can totally avoid by starting a new game and then loading the save game from the prision cell) and i'm using...

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

HearthFires.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

ApachiiHair.esm=1

actorEvents.esm=1

hdtHighHeel.esm=1

paradise_halls.esm=1

ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1

SexLab.esm=1

SexLabAroused.esm=1

DeathHoundFix.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

questfixes.esp=1

lockpickvision.esp=1

craftablelockpicks.esp=0

dragonsoulstoperks.esp=1

FreeMem.esp=1

High Level Enemies.esp=1

LoversVictim.esp=1

MF_SpectatorCrowds.esp=1

PuppetMaster.esp=1

SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1

SexLabSquirt.esp=1

SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1

sextoys-calyps-2.esp=1

smelterinriverwood.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

armorcirclets.esp=1

Remodeled Armor.esp=1

TERAArmors.esp=1

Captured Dreams.esp=1

Devious Deviants.esp=1

run for your lives.esp=1

cbbecurvy.esp=1

guardskillcomments.esp=1

ImmersiveFP.esp=1

SexLab Submit.esp=1

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1

zzEstrus.esp=1

FNISspells.esp=1

No Kill Moves.esp=1

SexLab Cumshot.esp=1

theeyesofbeauty.esp=1

SlaversHideout.esp=1

askfollowerskills.esp=1

Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

ingot recovery.esp=1

SLDesc.esp=1

Latex Armor.esp=1

Zipsuit.esp=1

erboscookingexp.esp=1

Spanking.esp=1

HDTSlaveHeels.esp=1

XiNafay - Shoes.esp=1

SlaveTats.esp=1

P.S.

Isnt this basically what is included in SKSE 1.7? I have upgraded SKSE after seeing a youtube video explaining the benefits and issues, it also called for a .ini file in the SKSE folder. So do I need this also?

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

HearthFires.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

ApachiiHair.esm=1

actorEvents.esm=1

hdtHighHeel.esm=1

paradise_halls.esm=1

ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1

SexLab.esm=1

SexLabAroused.esm=1

DeathHoundFix.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

questfixes.esp=1

lockpickvision.esp=1

craftablelockpicks.esp=0

dragonsoulstoperks.esp=1

FreeMem.esp=1

High Level Enemies.esp=1

LoversVictim.esp=1

MF_SpectatorCrowds.esp=1

PuppetMaster.esp=1

SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1

SexLabSquirt.esp=1

SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1

sextoys-calyps-2.esp=1

smelterinriverwood.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

armorcirclets.esp=1

Remodeled Armor.esp=1

TERAArmors.esp=1

Captured Dreams.esp=1

Devious Deviants.esp=1

run for your lives.esp=1

cbbecurvy.esp=1

guardskillcomments.esp=1

ImmersiveFP.esp=1

SexLab Submit.esp=1

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1

zzEstrus.esp=1

FNISspells.esp=1

No Kill Moves.esp=1

SexLab Cumshot.esp=1

theeyesofbeauty.esp=1

SlaversHideout.esp=1

askfollowerskills.esp=1

Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

ingot recovery.esp=1

SLDesc.esp=1

Latex Armor.esp=1

Zipsuit.esp=1

erboscookingexp.esp=1

Spanking.esp=1

HDTSlaveHeels.esp=1

XiNafay - Shoes.esp=1

SlaveTats.esp=1

P.S.

Isnt this basically what is included in SKSE 1.7? I have upgraded SKSE after seeing a youtube video explaining the benefits and issues, it also called for a .ini file in the SKSE folder. So do I need this also?

SKSE 1.7A has Sheson's memory patch added to it. This mod is something else altogether. Instead of dealing with memory allocation it purges your RAM when changing cells and such.

I am using SKSE 1.6.16 with the mem patch and this mod here. I haven't had any crashes, but I also took steps during installation to reduce them as well (such as cleaning with TES5Edit and so on).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow this hasn't been looked at in time so sorry for necroing but.....

With SKSE 1.7.2 and ENBoost etc is it worth having freemen installed still? (the function of freemem seems similar but different as its about clearing memory) as the current advise is to remove other memory fixes

I've had it installed since this was originally posted and it hasn't caused me any issues that i'm aware of but i'm wondering whether it has become redudant/source of conflict like the other memory patches

Thanks

Everytime I look at this topic, I wish I could have chosen a better name. God, the name is stupid...

You say that but as you stuck freemem in the title I was able to find this thread with a single google search rather than digging through the forum so as far as i'm concerned your name is perfect ;)

Archived