NPC Body Scale Randomizer

Thank you for this mod.  Now I can make custom followers look almost  human.  However it seems that no matter what I turn off in the MCM, my saves get bloated.  Could it be from the auto re-size scripts?  I was wondering if you could get rid of the automatic resizing and just allow us to modify targeted NPCs.  Do you think this would help?

Hi there,

I recently tried this mod, it is a really good idea. I have an issue though which affects a lot of NPCs, vanilla and custom together.

Basically some of the NPC simply disappear, become invisible, They are there, they can be interacted if you know where they are, enemies can be killed, etc. Enemeis stop moving when they become invisible. This is not the invisibility spell/potion of the game, you can see something about the enemy when they do that. Also, I saw this happen to a patrolling Whiterun Guard...

So my question is, did anyone experience something like this when this mod was active? I'm not pointing a finger here, just trying to figure out where this behaviour came from. Since this mod affects every character and one of the new mods I use in this game, I though it might have something to do with it.

I'm using:

Xp32 skeleton, UUNP body with a lot of UUNP gear (Book of UUNP, DD series). Currently with a regular UUNP HDT body. Also using SoS, although only NPCs have shlongs. I tried to restart that mod, the bug stil appears (and I never had such probem with SoS, been using it since a year at least).

With this mod I have same problem, a patrolling Whiterun Guard and also Mila Valentia.

I' have unistalled NPC Body Scale Randomizer but also in save game this two NPC remain invisible :(

This happens when you enter an area with the auto resize options active, and then leave the cell before all npcs are resized.  I keep the auto function turned off and just use the hot key for any npcs I want altered. 

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to have the mod randomize upon entering a cell and then stop until the next cell change? Or at least increase the interval beyond 30? It's a bit disconcerting to watch my follower and the people around me regularly changing body types.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2017 at 7:42 AM, GuruSR said:

Just a note, has anyone fixed the issue where the randomizer sets 0.00 for all the values?  I ran into the bathhouse and 6 out of the entire set of them in there, were 0.00 and invisible.

GuruSR.

Take a look back a page or two in the thread, there were some community bugfixes that happened in the absence of the mod author that might help.

On 8/28/2015 at 1:08 PM, himinbjoerg said:

Another bugfix release. Addressed issues:

• Bows on the back (probably weapons in general) of dead NPCs don't move around by themselves if either height or weight randomization is activated
  • Heads of decapitated NPCs stay decapitated after the decapitation if either height or weight randomization is activated. In rare circumstances the severed head can still get reattached to the body if the execution of the randomization script and the decapitation conincide (NPC is not yet flagged as dead). As this is a rare occurence, I ignored it.

Backdraw: this was achieved by switching off the automatic height and weight randomization of dead NPCs. This means, that when loading a saved game or travelling to a cell containing already dead NPCs, those NPCs will not be automatically randomized (height and weight; a manual randomization, however, is still possible).

NPC Body Scale Randomizer Bugfix 2015-08-28.7z

On 2/9/2018 at 8:13 PM, Mugg said:

Take a look back a page or two in the thread, there were some community bugfixes that happened in the absence of the mod author that might help.

Thanks, shame it wasn't stuck onto the top of the thread, as I would have seen the fixes.

GuruSR.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, anyone else have trouble getting this to work on SSE?  Based on previous comments it sounds like it should work but as soon as I activate the .esp file SKSE64 will not even start SSE anymore.  Nothing in the SKSE64 logs show an issue.  If I disable the .esp file everything works again.

FYI, I have PapyrusUtil SE 3.4 installed.

EDIT: Figured it out.  If anyone else is having issues the NPC Body Scale Randomizer bsa file needs to be unpacked.  After I did this everything worked.

Thanks

Hello,

I love the mod and cant go without it.
But for the second time now, i noticed that the guards started to dissapear. * First time i noticed i started a new game :frown: *
Its very hard to select them, * The name floats infront of me *  and i see the cape spazz out..

When i finaly managed to select this invisible guard with N  and i checked the MCM bodyscale randomizer.
I noticed all the values were blanc.

when i fill in the values and exit the MCM the guard will be there again.
THis is happening to all the guards in the game aswel as some NPC's  like the one in Dragonreach  the npc called Gerda also had blanc values.
It seems that over time more and more NPC's get blanc values. * Cities are slowly turning into ghost towns, unless they bump into me and i can press N quick enough to select them *

I checked the settings of the mod and the heigts are filled in for randomization.

Male  min 0.95  max 1.05

Female min 0.90 max 0.95

so please help me :S

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2018 at 8:54 PM, joshsecret said:

Hello,

I love the mod and cant go without it.
But for the second time now, i noticed that the guards started to dissapear. * First time i noticed i started a new game :frown: *
Its very hard to select them, * The name floats infront of me *  and i see the cape spazz out..

When i finaly managed to select this invisible guard with N  and i checked the MCM bodyscale randomizer.
I noticed all the values were blanc.

when i fill in the values and exit the MCM the guard will be there again.
THis is happening to all the guards in the game aswel as some NPC's  like the one in Dragonreach  the npc called Gerda also had blanc values.
It seems that over time more and more NPC's get blanc values. * Cities are slowly turning into ghost towns, unless they bump into me and i can press N quick enough to select them *

I checked the settings of the mod and the heigts are filled in for randomization.

Male  min 0.95  max 1.05

Female min 0.90 max 0.95

so please help me :S

Install the bugfix here NPC Body Scale Randomizer Bugfix 2015-08-28.7z it won't make npcs reappear but it should prevent more from disappearing.

• 3 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, waltersulley said:

hey i made my npcs bust too big how do i reset them? the sizes are set and even if i lower it, it stays 

You have to re randomize them individually. There's a hotkey for that in the MCM, then put your cursor on them and press the key.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a randomizer reset switch, in case things get weird. I installed this, ran naked into Whiterun, but when I fast traveled there, my tits and dick started growing exponentially to the point where I could not see my character. I'm using SLIF, so I don't know if SLIF and this play nice, but it was really weird to see that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I ported  this randomizer as well as have the bug fix, but cant get ahold of the Author. I love this mod immensely and it's quite vital to my play through. If I would like to share the port (obvoiusly letting everyone know none of the work is mine other than porting) who must I get in contact with...?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If anyone still uses this and has figured something out, Is there a way to Use this with CBBE 3BBB? I saw a few messages higher that you can use SLIF for BHUNP, but don't think it worked for 3BBB. I could also be doing it wrong but if anyone knows how to get it to work, please let me know. [Note: I have this ported over  to SSE so I'm not sure if that'll change anything]