NPC Body Scale Randomizer

How strong is the load on processor/ my lappie's hardware? I mean, if this thing does not cause any CTD and it doesn't slow down me much I am definitely downloading it!

CPU load should not be so high.

@horynych: I'm using this mod (on a potent desktop, however) and I'd say the impact is near to negligible. Just make a save, and give this mod a shot and see how it works for you in a crowded place, like the Bannered Mare in Whiterun in the evening. If it's not working for you, revert back to your save.

@ojanen: I think I found another bug. If I approach a, for example, bandit and wait long enough in her proximity so that her weight, height and breast size get modified by your mod, everything is fine, both for the living and later dead bandit. However, if I kill said bandit before your mod kicks in, only the height and the breast size of the dead bandit get modified. The dead bandit's weight stays unaltered.

There seems to be that SetWeight does not work for Leveled NPC such as bandits. 
I consider the measures of it, but might not do anything.

I need help, I was forced by my perversion to set max breast size to 4.4. And while standing near Yolanda, no I was not staring at her boobs, we'll maybe I was... Any way suddenly her breast expanded 4.4 times knocking me down and nearly putting out my left eye! Does Obama care cover my injuries?

Scale from increasing suddenly it is by design. I feel the CPU load is such that large and larger slowly because was. 
It is outside the cover of Obama care Dragonborn is not in the United States nationality to so do not even live in the United States.
However, it will cure any injury if sleep one hour long as live Dragonborn so extremely robust.

I need help, I was forced by my perversion to set max breast size to 4.4. And while standing near Yolanda, no I was not staring at her boobs, we'll maybe I was... Any way suddenly her breast expanded 4.4 times knocking me down and nearly putting out my left eye! Does Obama care cover my injuries?

Scale from increasing suddenly it is by design. I feel the CPU load is such that large and larger slowly because was.

It is outside the cover of Obama care Dragonborn is not in the United States nationality to so do not even live in the United States.

However, it will cure any injury if sleep one hour long as live Dragonborn so extremely robust.

I was just joking around, mod is working fine. Lol

There seems to be that SetWeight does not work for Leveled NPC such as bandits. 
I consider the measures of it, but might not do anything.

This assumption seems to be correct. For instance, if you coc bleakfallsbarrowexterior, only one of the three bandits there is weight-modified by your mod. The other two show the behaviour I described in my post above. So it doesn't matter whether the NPCs are dead or alive, that was just a coincidence.

However, I found a real severe bug. After several hours of gameplay (so maybe somewhere around 200 randomized NPCs, however that's only a guess), some NPCs (in my case Whiterun Guards, the one directly at the gate and the one at the marketplace) turn invisible respectively get reduced to a spot on the ground (you can see them using Detect Life). They are still there and interaction is possible, and if I re-randomize them, they reappear. If I uncheck the run flag of your mod before approaching them, everything is fine and they do not turn invisible. (I use PapyrusUtil 2.5, if this information helps). You can quickly reach this point, if you start a new game and then coc to the major cities, run around there, thus randomizing lots of NPCs in a short time. Then simply go back to Whiterun, those guards will disappear.

Edit: Additional information: when checking the weight, height, etc. of one of the disappeared guards, all of those values are zero. It is possible to change the bust scale, height scale, however changing the weight scale has no effect.

Edit #2: It also happens using PapyrusUtil 2.3. And another observation: manually changing the weight of a "named" NPC (e.g. Ysolda in Whiterun) does work, whereas manually changing the weight of an "unnamed" NPC (e.g. any City Guard, visible or not) does not work. However, your mod does change the weight of a City Guard beforehand automatically.

ojanen, are you able to reproduce this behavior? If there's anything I can test for you, let me know.

As a result of a look, seems to cause SetWeight() (or GetLeveledActorBase()?) is not work for Leveled NPC.
Upload the updates that were to be excluded from the Leveled NPC Weight Randomize to about tomorrow morning.

Do I need to start a new game to activate those changes in 3.04? Because I used a save game, created at the start of Skyrim while using NPC Body Scale Randomizer 3.03 (I did several settings, but the mod was not running, i.e. the checkbox was not checked), and after activating your mod and running around Skyrim for a while, the guards in Whiterun and other cities still get modified and they still disappear, respectively all their scale values get reduced to zero, as described in my comment #55.

Edit: I started a new game using v3.04 from the beginning, and the bug's still there (Whiterun guard next to Belethor's disappears when being approached).

Edit 2: The dissappearance even happens if the weight randomization is not checked (thus the NPCs keep their default weight values) and the mod is running. So that's not what's causing all this.

Edit 3: Switching off the height randomization solves the problem of the disappearances. However, when inspecting the NPCs' values in the "Actor Edit" page of your mod, all the values are still set to zero.Yet this points for the bug to be hidden in this direction.

It appears to me that this mod is setting npcs level too high to be damaged. I have run into several npc that I can not damage and 2 that I was killing fine then suddenly I can not damage them.

I only use breast butt and stomach, everything else is disabled.

This is the only mod that is new to my current setup. Also I get the invisible people and sometimes my follower.

In my current setup, I have the mod installed but not activated (i.e. the checkbox in the mod's configuration box is not checked). However, today I encountered the bug mentioned in the post above: one of my followers turned invisible (only temporarily, she reappeared after fast travelling to another location. Entering and leaving a building was not enough). Yet the symptoms where the same: when checking her settings in the "Actor Edit" page (which was accessible although the mod was not running(?)) all her values were set to zero.

In my current setup, I have the mod installed but not activated (i.e. the checkbox in the mod's configuration box is not checked). However, today I encountered the bug mentioned in the post above: one of my followers turned invisible (only temporarily, she reappeared after fast travelling to another location. Entering and leaving a building was not enough). Yet the symptoms where the same: when checking her settings in the "Actor Edit" page (which was accessible although the mod was not running(?)) all her values were set to zero.

I am trying to determine if the problem has something to do with dragonborn dlc conflicts. The npc not being kill able is the same as a known problem with the final boss in dragonborn.

I have to correct one of my statements in #60: the fact that the scale values of a temporarily invisible NPC are all zero seems to be due to the mod not running (at least completely). Those values are zero, too, for visible NPCs if the "run randomizer" box is not checked. And I have found a way to make invisible NPCs reappear (otherwise fights are a bit difficult):

• open a console and get the ID for the NPC Body Scale Randomizer Quest: help BodyScaleRandomizerQuest
  • stop this quest: stopquest ID
  • wait a short time and the NPC might reappear, if not fast travel somewhere else (NPC visible in 90% of all cases)
  • if NPC is still invisible just wait a bit longer, one or two minutes real-life (NPC visible in 100% of all cases)

Bad thing is, this does not get saved, so you have to do it after every load of a game. And even worse: this quest kicks in on its own again after some time has passed (somewhere around one hour real-life time), so you have to repeat the steps above regularly.

@Arcturus7777: I have Db installed, too. Let's hope you find a solution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Warning: Possible companion quest spoilers below:

I started having problems with the guards in whiterun disappearing. The guard at the front gate and the one by belthor's shop. I have a lot of mods installed and so it took me awhile of trial and error to narrow it down to this one.  When doing the companions quest the silver hand, where you turn into the werewolf for the first time, when I was attacking the guards they would disappear.  I started a new game and did the Silver hand quest again, but this time I saved the game right before you drink the blood to become a werewolf. The first time running through the quest I did not turn on the height randomizer and the guards never turned invisible. So I tried the silver hand quest again with the height randomizer on and while I was attacking guards as a werewolf they turned invisible. I can repeat these results constantly. I do love your mod and hope a fix is found.

Edit: After a little more testing I figured out I can have either the height randomizer or the run randomizer box checked but not both. If I have both the guards turn instant invisible when i get close to them. I also noticed in the actor edit screen all of those guards stats are at 0. I have decided to run this mod with height randomizer unchecked and manually edit the people I want, seems to be the safest bet to keep everyone visible. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found that the random height function wasn't coded correctly in the main script. The author was using GetActorBase() instead of GetLeveledActorBase(), which would break height storage for the generic actors like bandits and guards (though having Gulum-Ei invisible as well is perplexing). A workaround may be to insert code for each random function to check that it has a value and is not null, and insert a default 1x scale if it is.

I can confirm that not using the height modification solves the problem with the disappearing NPCs. After about a week of usage all guards are still visible.

@dweezer: as ojanen did not react to posts in the last months, did you PM him on this? Would be nice to have this mod working completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the late bump, but does anyone know why the breast scale is not working female guards ?? This mod is working correctly for any female except female guards, there breast is always reset to 0 female guards i mean not storm cloaks, or imperials, but those added to say town like Whiterun etc..

• 5 months later...

NPC Body Scale Randomizer Bugfix.7z

A word of warning beforehand: that's my first modification of a Skyrim mod and my first try at scripting papyrus. So if anything gets really messed up if you use the code, don't blame me.

As ojanen has not shown up in quite a long time, I decided to do a bugfix which solves the two most annoying issues. These issues are:

• Leveled NPCs (City Guards, e.g.) disappear
  • Breast size of leveled NPCs get's set to zero

Both problems were caused by a missing check if the NPC was a unique one, i.e. named one, or a non-unique one, i.e. a City Guard, Bandit, Forsworn. For the unique NPCs values for the randomization were properly stored and read. This process fails, however, for non-unique NPCs, thus their breast size and height get both set to zero. With the added code, unique NPCs get treated as with the original code, whereas for non-unique NPCs no stored values are being tried to be read but are freshly randomized.

Simply install the archive using ModOrganizer, NMM or whatever is your preference. Or drop the contents of the data folder inside the archive in the data folder of your Skyrim folder.

NPC Body Scale Randomizer Bugfix 2015-07-26.7z

Second bugfix (and first enhancement).

In my first try, randomizing the leveled NPCs constantly led to the weird behavior of those NPCs being randomized while being talked to, while being dead and so on. This behavior is evident, yet I did not think of it beforehand and it's quite irritating. So here is the second try.

As I have restructured core parts of ojanen's code, the settings for the scale values are now stored differently (based on ActorBase respectively LeveledActorBase not based on ActorRef any longer). The restructuring was necessary because code maintenance is now much easier (lots of if-else conditions are not necessary any longer) and the code is shorter. However, this means that values stored by ojanen's original code are not found by the new code any longer. For a newly started game, that's no problem and for an already running one, I have added a failsafe condition. It will not lead to NPCs already being handled by the body scale randomizer script disappear (because of their scale values being set to zero). The script does in such a case simply nothing, which leaves the NPC as she/he was witch ojanen's code. To assign new values, simply use the re-randomize key on the actor or do it via the MCM menu after selecting the NPC via the "edit actor" key.

In addition to this, I added another variable which is used for a neck gap correction. I rare cases there happens to be an empty gap between neck and body after changing the weight of a NPC. In such a case, select the respective NPC using the "edit actor" key and assign a value via slider in the MCM menu. Necessary values to close the gap will probably be around -0.5 to -1.0, but ymmv.