Berserk Main Menu Music Replacement

ReMeDy

berserkMusicLoversLab.png

BERSERK MAIN MENU MUSIC REPLACEMENT MUSIC

by: ReMeDy (aka davidx4 on Nexus)

---------------

DISCLAIMER:

---------------

I don't know if LoversLab has a policy on copyrighted music (I can't find one), but this mod of mine used to be posted on the Nexus, but was removed due to music copyright, even though I credited the music's composer, band, and producer, and it was all on YouTube anyway. I figured I may as well try posting it here. A mod can delete this if it violates forum policy.

-------------------

DESCRIPTION:

-------------------

This mod replaces the default opening Skyrim music with music of your choice from Berserk. There are three versions. ONLY ONE MAY BE INSTALLED AT A TIME!

Regarding the music's quality, I'm convinced these are the best quality versions possible, considering they're from an anime/manga prized for nostalgia, age, and rich history. Basically, fans consider it cool the quality sucks (funny how that works); however, if anyone finds better quality versions, I'll replace as needed and credit your name.

Consult these YouTube links for music previews from kodato2000, GAppears, and tarodan88 respectfully:

PS2 - "Sign 1"

PS2 - "Sign 2"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANasgaDH_Z0&feature=related

TV Version - "Tell Me Why"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-__aWeDbwc&feature=related

NEW! Berserk ~Forces~

NEW! Berserk Movie OP - Aria (Short Version)

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

MUSIC DETAILS AND CREDITS:

---------------------------------------

Sign 1 (Full version)

Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc ~Chapter of the Holy Demon War~ Original Soundtrack

Composer: Susumu Hirasawa

Producer: Chaos Union

Date: Oct 7, 2004

Length: 00:04:11

Sign 2 (Full version)

Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc ~Chapter of the Holy Demon War~ Original Soundtrack

Producer: Chaos Union

Date: Oct 7, 2004

Length: 00:03:41

Tell Me Why (TV Version)

Berserk Original Soundtrack

Date: Nov 6, 1997

Length: 00:01:10

NEW!

Berserk ~Forces~

Berserk Original Soundtrack

Date: Nov 6, 1997

Length: 00:01:51

NEW!

Aria (short version w/ added fade in)

Berserk Movie OP

Date: Feb 2, 2012

Length: 00:01:25

Note: With Aria, because it had a long lead-in time, I cut some off at the beginning and added a fade-in, since the average gamer isn't going to wait on the main menu for the crescendo.

-------------------------------------

INSTALLATION/UNINSTALLATION:

-------------------------------------

To install, extract to your Skyrim installation folder.

To uninstall, navigate to your Skyrim installation folder and delete the file "Data\music\special\mus_maintheme.xwm".

-------------------------

FUTURE PROJECTS?:

-------------------------

- Separate upload changing IN-GAME music to music used in Berserk (esp. battle themes).

- Separate upload of sound mod adding anime Guts' grunts to main character, shouts, and or exaggerating the sounds of guards and bandits when they die. All that depends on the quality of sounds I can muster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERESTED IN MAKING YOUR OWN SKYRIM MAIN MENU MUSIC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the below link to convert .mp3's or .wav's into the compatible .xwm format, then simply replace my "mus_maintheme.xwm" file with your own file using the same name. If you need help, let me know.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3159

• 1 month later...

Awesome idea! My old oblivion set up was berserk, chaos legion, claymore, and some other random anime songs. I still will never forget the scene where Gatsu rides out on a horse by himself in front of his army. Then in turn while the music plays, cuts every single person down who charges at him lol.

WUT DID YOU SAY XIRO?? Berserk OVA? OMFG *has nearly a heart attack*. Here I thought I'd never see this again. I really love the manga's to. I'd die to see him in the armor of the Berserker.

And i thought the Claymore soundtrack was good for Skyrim...dude if you made Forces one of the boss battle songs i would go crazy. The first 2 songs you have up there might be better as battle music as well, imo. You don't stare at the intro screen long enough to enjoy them otherwise =)

Forces II

• 2 weeks later...

It would be possible to replace also the music in game? When you fight a Dragon there is the Skyrim theme as background, it would be cool if it could be replaced with Sign1 (a shorter version, obviously)! :P

It would be cool also adding the opening music from the movie to the game!

[video=youtube]

I've added ~Forces~ and ~Aria~ to the topic list of Berserk music. I personally recommend Aria. You can download either one in the topic, or here:

http://www.loverslab.com/attachment.php?aid=5961 (Berserk Soundtrack ~Forces~)

http://www.loverslab.com/attachment.php?aid=5960 (Berserk Movie OP ~Aria~)

Note: With Aria, because it had a long lead-in time, I cut some off at the beginning and added a fade-in, since the average gamer isn't going to wait on the main menu for the crescendo.

It would be possible to replace also the music in game? When you fight a Dragon there is the Skyrim theme as background' date=' it would be cool if it could be replaced with Sign1 (a shorter version, obviously)! :P

[/quote']

Yea, actually, I've already successfully managed to do it, but I procrastinated on the rest in hopes the Creation Kit would make my life easier. Expect a release on the music in a few days (hopefully).

Archived