question question, fallout nv mods

Iris86

my question is... how to? :P

got FOMM to use it as invalidator

got FOSE to use as script extender of course and then...err...no idea, steam is not working properly (not even using my account from re5, so i cannot patch my game), so can someone please tell me how to mod fallout new vegas?, oblivion, skyrim and morrowind were easier n.nU, bethesda games and their conflictive engines >:3

Well if you are really talking about New Vegas then you are going to want

NVSE: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

and not FOSE :)

Modding new vegas is no different than oblivion really. esp/esm files and mesh/texture/sound folders go into the data folder. Enable your mods through FOMM.

You can grab most utilities and mods from the nexus.

Oh, and you need to fix your steam as all mods for new vegas require the latest version of the game to run (some require certain DLC too so watch out for that).

Don't quote me, but NVSE wants Steam Community for FONV enabled. I think it's a program hooking thing, but that might be rendered moot if you use FOMM.

As for modding FONV you'll want to grab the files: make sure you get the plugins as well as the datapacks for each, plus the animations in SexoutNG. After you get a nice big pile of files, open up FOMM and use the Package Manager to enter each zip/7z file as a mod (the Add FOMod button in Package Manager). I'd install SexoutNG first and test that it works alone before adding anything else.

You'll probably want a nude body. I'd get BNB Body from Bouncing Natural Breasts, and Optional Bodies from Body By Race, then pick whether you like melon-sized jigglers or the standardized Type 3 - first off, transfer the entire contents of the BNB_Body MAIN folder to your Data folder. This will add animations for jiggly breasts and things, plus the BNB body mesh (melons!), so now all females and female raiders will be nude by default. You can pick a different sort of skin texture for them from the SKIN OPTIONS folder in BNB if you prefer shaved to trimmed or vice versa.

In Body By Race you can pick the Type3 CALI body mesh, which is the defacto standard for altered armors and such. Its bustline is pretty nice - and there's armors for it that have bouncing properties.

If you install the BNB body mesh, which has a larger bust than Type3, but decide to install Type3 bouncing armor meshes, they'll still work. It'll just look like women are bigger when nude than clothed.

Don't quote me' date=' but NVSE wants Steam Community for FONV enabled. I think it's a program hooking thing, but that might be rendered moot if you use FOMM.

[/quote']

All FOMM does is launch the Steam version for you without the official launcher.

Oblvion has OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager)and OBSE (Oblvion Script Extender)

Fallout 3 has FOMM (Fallout Mod manager) and FOSE (Fallout Script Extender)

And new vegas Has FOMM Too (Fallout Mod manager) NVSE (New Vegas Script Extender)

As you can see FOMM works for both New vegas and Fallout 3

my question is... how to? Tongue

got FOMM to use it as invalidator

got FOSE to use as script extender of course and then...err...no idea, steam is not working properly (not even using my account from re5, so i cannot patch my game), so can someone please tell me how to mod fallout new vegas?, oblivion, skyrim and morrowind were easier n.nU, bethesda games and their conflictive engines >:3

I am not to sure about your question, if you are going to mod, you do not really need steam. if you want steam you can still use it by launching with steam application update your game, but after that steam is not really needed. if you are using steam launcher to launch new vegas that does work but you won't have NVSE active in order to launcnh nvse you need to create a short cut first to nvse_Loader.exe and if you want to use geck

you need make a new short cut to nvse_loader.exe -editor

okay, can someone point me to a patch or patches for fallout NV latest version?, in case i can't make steam work, becase i think it is overloaded or something because i can't even access my account, for now i'm playing fallout 3, i was wondering why in this place talk more about new vegas than fallout 3, it was not that bad, of course some monsters were annoying and you get lost with all those map markers on the same place but it's not that bad

Did you check bethesda website itself ?? if it is not there, then you are out of luck, steam will be the only place to update the game.

http://www.bethsoft.com/

http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/patches.php

The reason why they talk more about new vegas, it was more stable, and more things could be modded then Fallout 3. FOSE was not advanced enough to create better stuff, so when nvse came out, and more option added to it, they quite fallout 3 and went to new vegas instead.

Don't get me wrong, fallout 3 is still a good game. But there fan base are diminishing also the modders. They would rather convert stuff from fallout 3 to new vegas then continuing modding fallout 3

guess i'll have to get steam to work someday, i'm right now doing like that juggler of shivering island, but instead of purple spheres i use bethesda games because i'm kinda short of hd space, i'm installing oblivion, skyrim, fallout 3, new vegas, and uninstalling one to install the other... guess i need a portable hd to put those 50gb of mods of every game on the list if i wanna install the 4 on my laptop, not that it would not explode due to the awesomeness of all the mods n.nU, i can only have two bethesda games installed at a time

i was wondering why in this place talk more about new vegas than fallout 3' date=' it was not that bad, of course some monsters were annoying and you get lost with all those map markers on the same place but it's not that bad

[/quote']

The simple answer is because Sexout is for NV and this is an adult forum.

More complicated answer, at least for me, is Fallout 3 was barely better than Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Only smart decision Bethesda made with the Fallout license was to let Obsidian make NV, considering a lot of guys who work for them made the first two.

What I was saying in regards to NVSE and FOMM was that I remember NVSE's readme telling those who use steam to allow the Steam Community option, for which the only reason I can think of would be program hooking (when starting through the default Fallout launcher) but FOMM directly links to the NVSE executable. Not that NVSE required FOMM, just that the Steam Community might be rendered moot if you execute NVSE directly such as via FOMM.

Actually, NVSE's readme does state that:

2. Launch NV via running nvse_loader.exe. Enabling the Steam Community option (enabled by default) will allow you to launch the game via Steam's standard UI.

Archived