So. I don't know if I can post a screenie, because I've mashed up a MaTera female with these textures, then lopped off the feet to apply that digitigrade khajiit mesh. I also use the SG hair pack from way back when, so that's three people I'd prolly have to ask before posting a shot.

But that's not the problem.

I'm not the biggest fan of loosing a gear slot to equip a tail; I've already located the khajiit tail mesh from the Skyrim.bsa, but I'm having a really hard time locating the texture files. Is there anyone who might know what they'd actually be listed under? The mesh was thoughtfully labled as 'tail'. But in the textures file I haven't seen any such thing (and I've been through it twice), and I'm concered whether or not the khajiit tail textures are actually *part* of the body files.

Anyone have a clue?

I believe the khajiit's tail is indeed part of the usual body files. If you look at the dds in gimp or whatever you'll see it there, also the texture path can  be confirmed in nifskope. 

Awwww... that makes me very sad.

I think what I'll try doing, then, as the MaTera race comes with a tail it's own, is use the khajiit tail mesh instead, and see what happens.

Thank you b3ast1e!

Yeah it's not as trivial a process as pinning a tail ought to be. This might be helpful if you do fancy creating a new race for yourself. Then it's a case of following best practice for custom race creation,  getting things like vampire scripts up and running. The icing on the cake would be to make it so you're recognised as a khajiit, to get the unique dialogues. Oh, and ears......

It's like anything with Skyrim isn't it? You start out with a seemingly easy ask and end up with a mountain of work on your desktop :)

wow :o love the MaTera race. Thanks for mention it - never heard of it before. 

Please let me know if replacing the mesh works. :)

I enjoyed it too; unfortunately the ear style started to bother me, so I removed those specific files from the race. Also the tail. What I really wanted to do was get as close to a humanized khajiit as I could, going so far as to add 'cat feet' to the actor as well (from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43833/?).

I wanted to get a solid set of ears and a tail on the character, but nothing I've tried worked. I attached the mesh for the femkhajiit tail to my character but nothing shows - I can't locate the tail texture in the .bsa, and I have a feeling it's actually a part of the khajiit body, and not a separate texture. Without that, I'm stuck using various resource files that add equipable ears and tails.

Wow. That was really negative. *I'm CONTENT* to use various resource files.

(That's much better!)

Anyone have an idea what might work to achieve that goal? 

I have no experience with blender/.nifscope/CK. As you can see, I've been a forum member for a few years now, and this is only like my third post.

Aiko, there's also a Miqote race packed into a Final Fantasy mod as well, out there somewhere.

Awwww... that makes me very sad.

I think what I'll try doing, then, as the MaTera race comes with a tail it's own, is use the khajiit tail mesh instead, and see what happens.

Thank you b3ast1e!

Yeah it's not as trivial a process as pinning a tail ought to be. This might be helpful if you do fancy creating a new race for yourself. Then it's a case of following best practice for custom race creation,  getting things like vampire scripts up and running. The icing on the cake would be to make it so you're recognised as a khajiit, to get the unique dialogues. Oh, and ears......

It's like anything with Skyrim isn't it? You start out with a seemingly easy ask and end up with a mountain of work on your desktop :)

Thank you so much!! I've been looking at a bunch of tutorials online; a lot of them claim to be doing things the 'right' way as opposed to the 'wrong' way, regarding the DLC races and compatibility. I'm always up for watching a new one!

I originally started looking into custom races when I decided I wanted to try and make a 'race' whose male gender is actually just the 7base bombshell body, and the female the Lady Body body. I don't think that's possible, but that's okay, because then I got distracted by cat-girls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have the Ohmes Raht race installed, but I'm still a super noob...  How do I get these textures to work in game?  I have no idea what I'm doing, and I can't get it to work with NMM either.

Simply extract the DDS files into the texture folder of the Ohmes-Raht Race.. 

You don't need to use the Ohmes-Raht Race for this Mod btw. - every Custom Race will do.

Or just use it as "default" texture replacer - but this will make every female ingame an Ohmes-Raht.

So I have the Ohmes Raht race installed, but I'm still a super noob...  How do I get these textures to work in game?  I have no idea what I'm doing, and I can't get it to work with NMM either.

Simply extract the DDS files into the texture folder of the Ohmes-Raht Race.. 

You don't need to use the Ohmes-Raht Race for this Mod btw. - every Custom Race will do.

Or just use it as "default" texture replacer - but this will make every female ingame an Ohmes-Raht.

Oh neat, thanks.  That worked well.  But it's really shiny, is it supposed to be like that, or did I install it wrong?  Or is it just because my comp can't handle it?   XD  And also, for some reason it's not using the head texture.  I can confirm that I extracted the right texture into the texture folders.  Edit: Nevermind, fixed that part.

Here's my texture folder, sorry this is so weird.

Please delete following files:

femalebody_1_s

femalehead_1_s

Please rename following files:

femalebody_s_1 to femalebody_1_s

Seems like there are missing some files in my download - and that one file has the wrong name.

Gonna fix that soon. I'm actually working on a new version of this mod :) But i'm still fighting with some seems (like always -.-)

UPDATE ~ UPDATE ~ UPDATE

*NEW*

- New Textures(WIP)

*FIXED*

- Added missing files

- Renamed misspelled files.

New textures are still Work in Progress (WIP) - dependent on your ENB there may be some visible seams.. EVERYWHERE! o_o

DAN DAN DAAA! #TheCroods

"Old" version of the mod is still available if you prefer it.

That's it.. i think.

FIN

• 2 weeks later...

I tried both hopeless mode of deviant life and frostfall and RND just not together.  talk about a challenge...think too much for me.   My computer would never survive the frustration :(;)

Thank you so much! I'll swap that in tonight. I'm planning on playing this race in my hardcore play through with all the realism mods plus 'hopeless' mode of Live a Deviant Life. This poor catgirl. ^_^

Coincidentally, I am planning on doing the same thing. I have the FFRace set up with these textures, and SkyRe, Frostfall, and RND installed. And now, thanks to you, I'm going to try out this "Live a Deviant Life" alternate start mod. 

Do you perhaps have any recommendations for other realism mods?

I may play this race. I'll have to put it a big fat furry dick, though.

How would you go about doing this? Could it essentially be a re-texture of b3lisario's female schlong? If you do make it, would you kindly share it with us? :)

I'm certainly no expert on realism mods... Right now I'm sticking with Frostfall, RND, and Sexlab - Warmbodies (to at least prevent me from freezing when bandits steal my armor.. at least, I'm safe for as long as they're on top of me ^_^).

I don't personally go for them, but on the Sexlab Framework page there are also mods like Sexlab Consequences and Sexlab STDs, which add more negative possible effects to having too much random sex.

There's also Beeing Female, a pregnancy mod that goes beyond pregnancy in attempting to model the female menstural cycle. It's very advanced and an amazing thing to see, but also so very taxing on Papyrus that I just can't justify keeping it around.

To @Lother: I also would like to know if you have a furry dick texture, because that would be awesome. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just liked to say pretty damn sweet just tried it with a custom race and got a beautiful character that I like. Neck seam doesn't bother me because the Khajiit are the same way nor does the hand and feet but those are hard to notice anyway with how dark the fur is and matches quite nicely. In the end sir you have made me quite glad and usually I just stay quiet but thumbs up to you. 

Can anyone help me, I dont know why the textures looks so blocky? The old textures, that I used, are not blocky at all. Here a screenshot that you can see what I mean:

post-112665-0-87657300-1403005350_thumb.jpg

I use Lovegirl as a custom race (I don't know if this matters) und of course a CBBE body.

Can anyone help me, I dont know why the textures looks so blocky? The old textures, that I used, are not blocky at all. Here a screenshot that you can see what I mean:

attachicon.gif2014-06-17_00001.jpg

I use Lovegirl as a custom race (I don't know if this matters) und of course a CBBE body.

Did your try replacing certain meshes and textures  from your main folder to your custom  race folder that's How I solved that problem really quickly just be careful with what your replacing is all. also make sure you still have some textures from your custom race as well

attachicon.gif2014-06-17_00001.jpg

Did your try replacing certain meshes and textures  from your main folder to your custom  race folder that's How I solved that problem really quickly just be careful with what your replacing is all. also make sure you still have some textures from your custom race as well

Thanks for your help, I will try this out.