some NPC stuck in "run away" mode

Kasumidoll

I have both the *run for your lives* and *when vampires attack* mods to preserve weenie NPCs. A couple of NPC in Whiterun are stuck in flee mode even if I use the console to pull them elsewhere or resurrect them even though there is nothing attacking any more. Is there a way to reset their behavior?

Are you sure there isn't anything else attacking?  What I have seen is that a Master Vampire will attack in Whiterun.  After killing it, the NPCs are still in flee mode.  If I go outside Whiterun to the stables, I'll find that there are a couple of demon dogs (forget the official name) attacking the horses.  Once they are taken care of, then the NPCs return to normal.  I always have to remember that the basic vampire attacks there are always 3 - 1 vampire (usually master depending on level) & 2 minions (either 2 demon dogs or 2 thralls).  If you don't find three bodies, then there is another hiding somewhere that needs to be killed before the NPCs return to normal.

The last attack was far enough back that the corpses are gone. I'll do a lap around Whiterun to check, but I'm pretty positive nothing is attacking.

** This was happening on 2 characters. On one there were in fact death hounds attacking the stables. Once I killed those everyone came out. However on the other character, I did a complete lap around Whiterun, checked everywhere in town and even checked neighboring farms. Everyone outside of town was normal but everyone except the guards inside were in hiding still.

Archived