Jump to content

My game is only registering creatures as Male and has turned my game into the Sausage Fest of Skyrim


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

To start I have downloaded every animation pack I could think about wanting and made sure they include animations I was looking for. I also have SLAL and have even selectively enabled/disabled animations within the 500 animation limit (which may or not have been raised to 750) so that I could be sure that wasn't the issue. After weeks of troubleshooting and coming over countless forums and discussions, I have received a multitude of answers to my questions but the majority seem to be out of date.

 

Animations are working as intended but the issue I am having is literally none of the creatures in my game are spawning as, nor being treated as females. I have tried doing a forced override on gender via the puppet menus and this has no success.

 

Could it be that I just need a mod that adds female creatures manually and if so does anything exist? Or does any way aside from the puppet menu exist to try changing an actor to female?

 

Edit: I know MNC adds female meshes to creatures in the game but they seem to be non existent for some unknown reason

Edited by OnlyHereBcuzMyWifeLeftMe
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, OnlyHereBcuzMyWifeLeftMe said:

To start I have downloaded every animation pack I could think about wanting and made sure they include animations I was looking for. I also have SLAL and have even selectively enabled/disabled animations within the 500 animation limit (which may or not have been raised to 750) so that I could be sure that wasn't the issue. After weeks of troubleshooting and coming over countless forums and discussions, I have received a multitude of answers to my questions but the majority seem to be out of date.

 

Animations are working as intended but the issue I am having is literally none of the creatures in my game are spawning as, nor being treated as females. I have tried doing a forced override on gender via the puppet menus and this has no success.

 

Could it be that I just need a mod that adds female creatures manually and if so does anything exist? Or does any way aside from the puppet menu exist to try changing an actor to female?

 

Edit: I know MNC adds female meshes to creatures in the game but they seem to be non existent for some unknown reason

Make sure...

1) ... Sexlab is using gendered animations for creatures.  Its a toggle in the MCM.

2) ... the creatures you are encountering have female variants.  Many of the creatures in Skyrim by default only have male variations.  Bethesda didn't differentiate in most cases.  Horses (for instance) are always female by default.  Most other animals are male by default.

3) ... there are animations for the relevant female creatures (protip: this is the tough bit; there aren't many female creature animations)

Edited by Seijin8
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Make sure...

1) ... Sexlab is using gendered animations for creatures.  Its a toggle in the MCM.

2) ... the creatures you are encountering have female variants.  Many of the creatures in Skyrim by default only have male variations.  Bethesda didn't differentiate in most cases.  Horses (for instance) are always female by default.  Most other animals are male by default.

3) ... there are animations for the relevant female creatures (protip: this is the tough bit; there aren't many female creature animations)

 

I do have gendered animations enabled and I've tried it disabled as well just to see if it was causing issues as MadMansGun advises it actually causes problems to have it on. But it's funny you say that about horses because all of the horses are male too. Just to see if maybe I did something wrong, I even did a clean save and only enabled and registered animations for female creatures.

 

Is there a mod out there to add female creatures to make my animations work? I have TWO installed as well yet for some reason female werewolves are non existent.

Edited by OnlyHereBcuzMyWifeLeftMe
Posted
1 hour ago, OnlyHereBcuzMyWifeLeftMe said:

 

I do have gendered animations enabled but it's funny you say that about horses because all of the horses are male too. Just to see if maybe I did something wrong, I even did a clean save and only enabled and registered animations for female creatures.

 

Is there a mod out there to add female creatures to make my animations work? I have TWO installed as well yet for some reason female werewolves are non existent.

 

Advice would be to focus on a single creature and gender, troubleshoot that, then move to the next.  Over time, a pattern should emerge as to where the issue is.

 

Female werewolves would be a good start.  There is at least one animation for them (a cowgirl anim from either MNC or Horny Creatures of Skyrim).  You can see in the Creature Framework MCM what mod is being used as an aroused replacer (technically with female werewolf, there doesn't need to be one), test the animation in question and figure what is broken from there.

 

Troubleshooting large mod lists with lots of conflicts is not a simple process.  It often requires knowledge of how these things fit together, what 3rd party programs to use to find where the issues are (xEdit and Nifskope at minimum), and how everything works.

 

1) A mod is used to trigger a Sexlab scene.  The scripting of the mod may not account for the interaction you are trying to create.

2) Sexlab may not be set up right, so can't deliver the interaction you expect.

3) Creature mods may interfere with what is being shown.

4) Lack of animations may produce a bad result, even if everything else is running correctly.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I know this isnt an answer but more of a question, but how do you even get texture/mesh replacers to work with animations? 

 

For me the replacer gets 'stripped' like armour before any sort of animation starts...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...