Dawnguard: Crazy CTD, then all over.

dinomagick

I've got a "well-modded" game, and everything was working great.

Until I went to Solstheim... 

First problem, was the intro.. It was all black, nothing would show up and then I couldn't go any further...  I could hear the sounds of the boat, the water, the actors... but that was it.

I restarted from a previous save, and made my way to the boat in Windhelm, and saved it there..
Backed out of game, and reran FNIS, BOSS, moved things and just double checked.

When I came back into the game, i tried to go to Solstheim again, same thing.. this time, I just jumped around and ran in some arbitrary direction and then it came up... swam around, it restarted the intro and I got off the boat and began my adventure in Solstheim..

Saw the "Flying Wizard" go splat... took out a bandit camp, ran around until I made it to the ramp up to the Temple of Miraak.

I climb the stairs and just before I get to the last set of stairs.. CTD...

So, I reload, go to my previous save... run through the 'black intro' thing again, make it to shore.. do the dialog, and save after the "Flying Wizard" goes splat..

Try to go back up to the Temple... CTD...

Then I go get the "Unofficial" patches for Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Skyrim... put them in the right load order, redo my settings and go back into the game... (I had previously used the Unofficial patches before, but had not used the newer versions since my last restart)...

Again.. all goes well, everything works... CTD when I go to the temple.... however, after that.. Now I get random CTD's everywhere.

I disabled ALL mods, tried to do the Temple of Miraak, and same spot, right on the last set of steps... CTD...

I read a few posts on Nexusmods (shiver) of people complaing of the same thing.. but no resolution that seems to work..

It is one of the few things I haven't fully explored, "Solstheim"...  and I really do not want to do a wipe/restart of my game just for that, when everything works fine (for the most part) everywhere else.

Any thoughts?

Archived