HDT Test Skirts

• 2 weeks later...

I tested both skirts. The white skirt which is longer clips through the legs most of the time. Is it possible to have some collision detection on it? I'm using unp body, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with body type, but I read the previous comments using other body types and they still have clipping issues. The plaid skirt, the shorter one does not clip through the legs, however it will still clip through the hands. I also don't get the belts attached to it. It is also very sensitive to movement, it blows away when you are just walking slowly, but if it's raining, it doesn't get blown by the wind.

These are great work, I hope you could make more skirts, maybe the length of the plaid skirt, and have collision detection.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful work! I'd like to commemorate this with a little number by one of my characters. She was inspired by Hinoki from the anime series Betterman.

Apologies for the obnoxious clipping and reusing your choice of song. My laziness outpaced my ambition but I had to share that and Cat's Eye is just that awesome. I love all the HDT goodies coming out and these skirts show promise. Here's a list of mods that might be relevant:

Enhanced Character Edit

SeveNBase Bombshell mesh

UNP Women of Skyrim textures

TDF Aggressive Prostitution (for the dance)

[The song is Cat's Eye by E-Rotic]

Ivy Cottage

Sexy Mix Outfit by Halofarm + Kplant's 7B conversion

Apachii Hair for females

HDT 10-24

And HDT Test Skirts of course :)

If someone finds a good fix for skirt clipping on CBBE and 7B be sure to let me know :) I think the shirt clipping is because it's meant for BBP not HDT and the "gravity" causes the issue. I might just have to start gif/video series with all this HDT goodness going on.

Keep up the good work and thanks!

The HDT settings for the skirts are way off on a lot of these videos - half the time they look like they're in super low gravity, or like they're being moved by something with way less weight than a human body. It's uncanny valley territory, and I'd really like to see these have realistic physics, so I'll see what I can do about it. No promises.

Clipping might have something to do with the way thighs are set up in the XML file. That would take a lot more digging.

I don't speak Chinese, where's the animation files for these dances? It's much easier to replicate and adjust if I have the same animations you guys are using.

amazing videos but when I watch it I get this thought "Skyrim doomed to destruction hoping for the dragonborn to save them......but she is busy dancing...."

What ? You think she should do something else ? Like fighting dragons, shouting or acting like a whore ? Nonsense ! :lol:

I'm trying to attach the SkirtTartan.xml HDT script to my current Red Sonja outfit and for love of god I cannot force it to work at all :(. I properly copied the weights from the Tartan Skirt in Blender and tested the accompanying skeleton - moving bones causes armor deformation as intended. In NIfSkope I also converted the NiDismemberSkinPartition block to NiSkinInstance. Everything worked fine again.

However, in-game I see completely no movement at all (though also no Skyrim crashing) :(. What am I missing?

1. My skeleton has skirt bone support identical to the skeleton with Tartan Skirt (xp32 obviously :P).

2. The walking/running animation is one of the high heels BBP-supported animations (I have regular HDT boob bounce, so I know HDT works with it well).

I don't know which version of HDT I'm running, but most likely 9-28 as it was deemed one of the more stable releases.

EDIT: Problem solved!

The NiExtraData block was not attached to the Scene Root. Now it works although I see a ton of clipping :D.

EDIT: Is it possible to enable collision detection in the HDT script for skirt movement so that the mesh doesn't clip through the body and merely 'bounces' off it? I remember seeing something like that for the flowing cape mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Too much clipping with CBBE. It would be fantastic if i can use it with bodyslide.

Can't say I didn't try, but I don't have enough experience with outfit conversions to do it to something with HDT physics support and whatnot.

if in the future I learn enough on how to then I certainly will.

Too much clipping with CBBE. It would be fantastic if i can use it with bodyslide.

Can't say I didn't try, but I don't have enough experience with outfit conversions to do it to something with HDT physics support and whatnot.

if in the future I learn enough on how to then I certainly will.

We can do the outfit conversions ourselves I believe. The only problem I have right now are the additional skirt bones. They're named differently than in the xp32 skeleton, Hence, copying weights is a bit of a problem.

Would it be a problem for you to write step by step how you added the HDT skirt mechanics to the test skirts? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These skirts rock, just what i was looking for. Too bad they don't fit cbbe , but i opened them up in body slide, and the skirt had like 20 bones attached to it. I guess that is how the original works, because damn that flow is awesome.

Works well with my HDT, and it fits well enough, i mena only like a little bit of the back is inside. If only i can make it fit...

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... I made some conversions of these to work with cbbe weight scaling, but for some reason CC won't recognize the _0 and _1 weight files and instead will only use one. Is there something I need to change in the .nif?

Did you ever get the conversions to work? I been looking all over. No idea how to do it myself

Hmmm... I made some conversions of these to work with cbbe weight scaling, but for some reason CC won't recognize the _0 and _1 weight files and instead will only use one. Is there something I need to change in the .nif?

Did you ever get the conversions to work? I been looking all over. No idea how to do it myself

I myself don't use bodyslide or outfit studio but you could try using them to adjust the base shape of the mesh then paste the resulting shape data node over the hdt's one assuming OS doesn't change the vertex count. This should allow for adjustment to the shape without the need to paste the weight painting. As for the creationkit issue for weight slider support the armor addon must reference the _1.nif other wise it will only use the _0.nif for all settings.