Getting back into FALLOUT NV

Guest endgameaddiction

Well I recently just tried out the RCP Rena elves mod. This mod is like how diablo and evy race is for oblivion with the really really high gloss/oily skin look. The first time I loaded it up though and went into the showracemenu to look at it. I was like AHH it's the bride of chucky more because of the way the eyes look like in the creation part and every time she blinks I kept expecting to her Jennifer Tillys voice saying hey big boy or something like it. But everything looks better once you get out of it well except for the yellow ass skin.

attachicon.gif2013-12-10_00006.jpgattachicon.gif2013-12-10_00005.jpgattachicon.gif2013-12-10_00007.jpgattachicon.gif2013-12-10_00013.jpgattachicon.gif2013-12-10_00012.jpg

The only thing I hate with fallout NV is that many bodies always have the pee yellow look wish some one would come out with a way to get rid of that color. Surprised no one has come out with a race menu/ECE type mod for fallout nv with more/better color options. 

attachicon.gif2013-12-10_00018.jpgattachicon.gif2013-12-10_00021.jpg

Everything is pretty close in color now.

I forget that race exists. I got some ideas coming in. I should toy with it, but first I would like to mess with CWDolls (Elves) again.

The yellow/orange skin is icky.... Looks like one of those fake sun tans. Too long in on the tanning bed. Reminds me of that mother who tans on a daily basis and was on the news a while ago. Just gross....

Yeah I have CWdolls as well haven't don't anything with it yet and the Moon Shadow Race but that one is in fomod. Might play around with the CWdolls one.

Well the weapon mod I'm using with the beyond the dome is the RWKNV (Radiation Weapons Kit - Sonia NV Edition) by Stirred she has some weapons and stuff that you can buy and use.

I have to say those are some funny ass looking cannibals. 

Guest carywinton

mainly looking for armors, quests, guns. :D

Book of Earache is awesome for weapons.  Beyond Boulder Dome is a great quest mod and it's better than some of the official NV DLCs.

I was not aware Book of Earache was available for FNV, and Beyond Boulder Dome has had some pretty good feedback comments, so these are both good finds, now I have to just hunt them down myself and add them to my 20TB file archive of mods...lol :P

http://www.moddb.com/mods/book-of-earache-vegas-edition/downloads/book-of-earache-vegas-edition-v304 here just tried searching again and found a downloadable one for the Book of Earache. not sure what is the newest version or if this one is. Beyond the boulder dome seems pretty good new enemies voices and what not and some of the cut scenes are made just like the DLC's.

Seems caliberX is already in the download as well.

Also...In NIfScope...

Open the body nif.  Under 'View' check 'Block Details'.

*Click on the body and find the NiMaterialProperty.  (It will look like a paint pallet.)

*If there is text next to the right of paint pallet (skin, material, ANYTHING) click the pallet and delete the text.

*Expand the branch.

*Look at Specular Color and Emissive Color: There will be a color wheel and either letters and numbers or a solid black bar.  You WANT the solid black bar.  If there are letters and numbers click on them and set the R, G and B values to 0.00

*Glossiness should be 10.00

*Alpha and Emit Multi should be 1.00

Do this this for the head and hands too.

Load the game and play.  If the NiMaterialProperties were different before you will see a noticable improvement.

Another also...NiTriStrips is NOT a valid shape node for bodies or clothing/armor.  NiTriShape should be used since that is what the vanilla game meshes are.  When the shape data is organized into strips of triangle (nitristrips) the game reads them differently, like they are static.  CWDolls rigs all of the meshes as NiTriStrips and that results in in-game weirdness when you try to mod it.

Another also again...Oblivion mesh properties will not display correctly with FO games.  That is why that Moonshadow elf head mesh doesn't match, that and the color match on the textures was borked to begin with.

DISCLAIMER:  I didn't post this because I'm a know-it-all.  I posted this so people can fix their games and get the content they like working the way it should be for FO3/NV.

Also...In NIfScope...

Open the body nif.  Under 'View' check 'Block Details'.

*Click on the body and find the NiMaterialProperty.  (It will look like a paint pallet.)

*If there is text next to the right of paint pallet (skin, material, ANYTHING) click the pallet and delete the text.

*Expand the branch.

*Look at Specular Color and Emissive Color: There will be a color wheel and either letters and numbers or a solid black bar.  You WANT the solid black bar.  If there are letters and numbers click on them and set the R, G and B values to 0.00

*Glossiness should be 10.00

*Alpha and Emit Multi should be 1.00

Do this this for the head and hands too.

Load the game and play.  If the NiMaterialProperties were different before you will see a noticable improvement.

Another also...NiTriStrips is NOT a valid shape node for bodies or clothing/armor.  NiTriShape should be used since that is what the vanilla game meshes are.  When the shape data is organized into strips of triangle (nitristrips) the game reads them differently, like they are static.  CWDolls rigs all of the meshes as NiTriStrips and that results in in-game weirdness when you try to mod it.

Another also again...Oblivion mesh properties will not display correctly with FO games.  That is why that Moonshadow elf head mesh doesn't match, that and the color match on the textures was borked to begin with.

DISCLAIMER:  I didn't post this because I'm a know-it-all.  I posted this so people can fix their games and get the content they like working the way it should be for FO3/NV.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what?

Finding out she's a theif is just another reason not to use BoG. I never knew til I started using sexout that she'd put her stupid logo on the feet of the textures. Every single woman in the Mojave branded on her foot like cattle.

More like they stepped in steaming pile and didn't wipe their feet.

yea but why did u post it..? XD

Uhm...So you can make your game look better?

Finding out she's a theif is just another reason not to use BoG. I never knew til I started using sexout that she'd put her stupid logo on the feet of the textures. Every single woman in the Mojave branded on her foot like cattle.

<_< uh huh.  

Okay den. 

Well I installed BOEvegas seems to work great other then the red warning texture for the casing but I think that is because I have MO 'DLC.esp turned off for ovious reasons.

If I do anything with the CWdoll race it will probably be like what I did for the RCP race change the glossiness float on all body parts to 1000.0000 change the texture files to a darker color as the body for them is pretty white and redo the lip color.

Trying to find these stupid nova toolboxes in beyond boulder done found 2 so far have no clue where the last one is. Trying to see if there is a walk through for it. 

NVM found the last one missed one in the one area.

Guest endgameaddiction

Well I can't help but like BOG HiRez skin textures. I do not like the logo on the bottom of the foot, but that doesn't bother me all that much. I like the retexture jessica outfit. I would like the purple version Sinblood did for himself. I'm saying himself because I don't recall ever seeing that up for downloads. And Sinblood isn't the type to use other people's assets without permission and upload it. If I recall, I believe I read that he was upset for his stuff being used and uploaded without permission. Skyrim? I don't know if he left the Nexus community or what, but I haven't seen him release anymore stuff for Fallout. Then again, he's never really done much for Fallout. I've seen his work for Oblivion.

Guest endgameaddiction

yes, I noticed that the other day, It's so stupid, but everything they keep doing is. You can now see endorsements for all images on one particular page. Like if you are on Fallout New Vegas and look at someone's profile, you can see their endorsements for skyrim, fallout 3, neverwinter etc...

Unless it's broken like the endorsing mods was a few days ago.

Guest carywinton

<_< uh huh.  

Okay den. 

I know what Kendo 2 is trying to show you how to do if you need help with it, good set of instructions for that little known fix there Kendo 2, Kudos to you yet again. :D

<_< uh huh.  

Okay den. 

I know what Kendo 2 is trying to show you how to do if you need help with it, good set of instructions for that little known fix there Kendo 2, Kudos to you yet again. :D

yea but thats like me walking into a another forum thats talking about ponies, than me randomly talking about how to groom one and do this with one, for no reason... Lol  i was like. wtf you on about.