IGNORED

ENB help

Elitist

hey, posting this here since nobody on the nexus forums are answering:

I want to install the Poupouri ENB Extended. The instructions do not mention messing with the antialiasing in either the skyrim launcher nor messing with my Nvidia settings in Nvidia Control Panel, unlike RealENB's description. same with modifying virtualGPU memory and all that.

Is that step a given for every ENB mod or is it specific to those that include such a step in their installation instructions?

(looked in one of the files in skyrim folder after having to end process from loading screen, VRAM for gpu was set to 0 mb mellow.gif  all i did was install the folders from Poupouri into their respective folders and left everything else vanilla, except the ENB binary of course)

there are so many things I am unsure about after looking through a hundred different web pages *pulls out hair.

I managed to get poupouri extended to work ( i think, because the dragon in the new game loading screen looked amazing) but I got an infinite loading screen.

Is it recommended that I install an ENB mod before any others if my priority is to improve the visuals?

also, how do i "activate .esp files" ?

it's possible that I would have this figured out already if I hadn't been spending all day downloading, deleting, and redownloading the vanilla skyrim files to make sure I had a reliable backup i could quickly refer to (steam backup kept all ENB files, I assume it now automatically modifies backup file to match any modifications i make to commonapps version. in any case i have decided to neglect it.) And while i have been spending that time to research, including multiple youtube guides, a clear cut answer catered directly to this issue would be nice. I'll still be checking youtube while i wait for a response to this.

PS: I just have a funny work schedule, in case you were wondering. :P

Boris advice is disable antialising in launcher options and videocard becouse his enb take care of that, if i understand correctly :)

Ive disable both and have no jagged edges.

This kind of things you can easly test disable first one or both and see how that works out ingame.

Boris advice is disable antialising in launcher options and videocard becouse his enb take care of that, if i understand correctly :)

i see.

and any ENB's that have enb.xxx files can be installed without going to boris's site first, as they will just overwrite his files?

I have RealENB in my download folder, the file downloaded from Nexus seems to have all the required ENB files already in there (except enbhost.exe). I am confused because Boris's site clearly states not to host his files off-site, and RealENB description is full of guides on how to install the mod, all including going to Boris's site and downloading the correct binary.

Are we just meant to expect an overwrite request when extracting RealENB to the Skyrim folder in that case? 

I just feel as if those guides a waste of time since the mod seems to already have the ENB files in there. Maybe I should check back and see if Boris himself put RealENB together :blink:

edit: I will take the advice in your updated post. thanks.

i see.

and any ENB's that have enb.xxx files can be installed without going to boris's site first, as they will just overwrite his files?

I have RealENB in my download folder, the file downloaded from Nexus seems to have all the required ENB files already in there (except enbhost.exe). I am confused because Boris's site clearly states not to host his files off-site, and RealENB description is full of guides on how to install the mod, all including going to Boris's site and downloading the correct binary.

Are we just meant to expect an overwrite request when extracting RealENB to the Skyrim folder in that case? 

I just feel as if those guides a waste of time since the mod seems to already have the ENB files in there. Maybe I should check back and see if Boris himself put RealENB together :blink:

edit: I will take the advice in your updated post. thanks.

No its like you install a engine then you have the outer carcas to make it complete.

You first get boris his ENB then you choose which one you wanne use for style and looks.

But plenty of guides on the internet explaining how it all works.

And to safe frustration i advice realy read guides or see videos you dont need only ENBS but BOSS-TES5EDIT-SKSE EXT. Alot to make it all work properly :)

Try one of ghopers videos he can tell it very clear and understandble how it all works.

Again GHOPERS VIDEO GUIDE watch it you be happy you did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTuA0np_Wg

The only file you need from Boris' page is the "d3d9.dll" from the WrapperVersion folder. the prefixed "enb" files you get from the ENB settings ie..."Project ENB".  Those are files that have been tweaked to a specific look to the game. Boris' files are untweaked, so you get no change. So basic install goes as....except otherwise noted...download ENB from Nexus, manually install into Skyrim folder not data folder, download files from Boris' page, unzip and copy "d3d9.dll" paste into Skyrim folder not data folder. "ENBhost, runs by itself, no need to run it, it's almost always already included in DLs.

The only file you need from Boris' page is the "d3d9.dll" from the WrapperVersion folder. the prefixed "enb" files you get from the ENB settings ie..."Project ENB".  Those are files that have been tweaked to a specific look to the game. Boris' files are untweaked, so you get no change. So basic install goes as....except otherwise noted...download ENB from Nexus, manually install into Skyrim folder not data folder, download files from Boris' page, unzip and copy "d3d9.dll" paste into Skyrim folder not data folder. "ENBhost, runs by itself, no need to run it, it's almost always already included in DLs.

i see, thanks. I was confused on this point because Gopher made such an emphasis on pasting enbhost.ini into the skyrim folder along with the enb binary. I guess that was just specific to RealVision Enb.

Now if only my Steam would just give my a vanilla skyrim so i could attempt to install an ENB again and mark this thread as solved.

Archived