IGNORED

[REQUEST] Help making a mod for a SHIELD MAGE

pizzadeliver

I thought the spell/item selection was based off of using the right or left buttons on the mouse...

Apparently the shield hand is hard coded as the left, going by some other posts on the subject. I suspect it's so the old oblivion right-click-to-block reflexes still work for sword-and-board types. (and that's also why there's the irritating mouse button inversion for attack routines).

Why they couldn't have just gone with the new interface and made it consistent I have no idea...

I thought the spell/item selection was based off of using the right or left buttons on the mouse...

Apparently the shield hand is hard coded as the left' date=' going by some other posts on the subject. I suspect it's so the old oblivion right-click-to-block reflexes still work for sword-and-board types. (and that's also why there's the irritating mouse button inversion for attack routines).

Why they couldn't have just gone with the new interface and made it consistent I have no idea...

[/quote']

You can swap the controls so that left-click = left hand, right-click = right. Not too sure what your problem is... I haven't been using a shield myself, but I have spells in my right hand and a sword in my left. Only downside is that my sword can't get any special kills because it's not considered my main weapon.

The shield is hard-coded to left, but that just means you'll have to use your right hand for spells.

There are hotkeys for items/spells? I've just been using the favourites menu. You can still choose which hand using it.

Yeah, you just push a number key 1 through 8 while hovering over an item in the Favorites menu (the one reached by pressing Q, not the one in your inventory menu). It'll put a (1.) next to the item to show it's assigned to the '1' key, for instance. As for shields, I've never been able to get one to be in my character's right hand.

There are hotkeys for items/spells? I've just been using the favourites menu. You can still choose which hand using it.

Yeah' date=' you just push a number key 1 through 8 while hovering over an item in the Favorites menu (the one reached by pressing Q, not the one in your inventory menu). It'll put a (1.) next to the item to show it's assigned to the '1' key, for instance. As for shields, I've never been able to get one to be in my character's right hand.

[/quote']

Yeah. Shields are hard-coded. I wanted to go sword/shield, but as a left-handed character... Obviously I couldn't do that. Hoping someone comes out with a mod that will actually let you choose which hand to use a shield in/play as a left-handed character.

Archived