VenomousOuroboros Posted August 10, 2024 Posted August 10, 2024 I've occasionally checked in on the development of this mod [Nexus Page] and was really curious about people's experiences with it before I installed it myself. 1) What I've found most interesting is its "Capture" events. Does this actually play out a de-facto "kidnap" scenario, and how does it run? Debuffs? Non-con elements? Are you stripped of your weapons, clothes, or anything else? 2) Are the scenes with the clients still cut-and-paste of the other joytoy or sex scenes in the vanilla game? 3) Are there any voiced lines, 100% silent, or is it subtitled? If the "capture" mechanic is up to snuff, could it be the foundation for a Combat Defeat mod in the future?
Lyyli Posted October 19, 2024 Posted October 19, 2024 It's a bit jank (as all cyberscript mods are, unfortunately). The scenes amount to chat conversations with random NPCs that result in a fade-to-black sex scene that plays partner-specific audio. I got as far as the cop harassment, which worked ok but lacked any sort of cooldown so you'd just immediately get hit backup by another cop if you happened to be in a red light district. And due to a quirk of cyberscript, once the message dialog appears there's no way to clear it beyond picking an option. (Normally you can walk away from a conversation and the options will vanish when you get too far.) I don't think there's a future in expanding that particular mod. But the ideas from that mod would make a good starting point for a mod built using the core modding tools (and not cyberscript). Most of what you mentioned aught to possible. I think the biggest limit on sex scenes right now is: Animating the first person pov is very challenging, doubly so in activities that you wouldn't be able to see much while doing. It'd be neat to see someone take on that challenge, but the obvious (easier) solution is to make a clone of the player character and animate the clone and the NPC together. That does seem feasible but I don't think anyone has actually put the work in to make a proof of concept of that yet. Regarding capture events -- there's a canon quest that involves you being abducted by scavs and waking up naked in their den (where you have to fight your way out without weapons). It provides a nice model for how to make this sort of thing, I think. 1
aspirine2 Posted November 22, 2024 Posted November 22, 2024 Does anyone still got the mod??? it got removed from nexus. many thanks in advance 1
RathAzu Posted November 28, 2024 Posted November 28, 2024 On 11/22/2024 at 2:18 AM, aspirine2 said: Does anyone still got the mod??? it got removed from nexus. many thanks in advance I do have it, but I wouldn't bother. It only works about 1/12 times even triggering the dialogue with Rita, then only about 1/5 times after that does it actually work getting the client anywhere. They took it down because it just flat-out doesn't work in the vast majority of instances. 1
jbezorg Posted July 23 Posted July 23 There's 2 versions now. The original with 3D animations and a new one with video scenes. I got both versions working. It was a bit of a PITA to do so. There's a limited number of animations in both. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/30145
Gyna-Kolajist Posted August 4 Posted August 4 The JoyToy mod is kind of immersion breaking. The sex scenes are just mundane and repetitive. The mod itself is wonderful, but the available scenes limit what you actually do and see.. In Earlier versions, you were sunk into the bed. The MOD author did do some amazing things, but like most mods requiring animations, it become a group effort by the community to patch and append the works of the original.
Recommended Posts