LoversLab IRC Chatroom

Misplaced Reality

About the chatroom

So, I have decided to create a channel on Freenode for Lover's Lab. First of all, note that I have started this on my own, and that means it is not endorsed by the staff of LoversLab. I am willing to accept any LoversLab moderators and will give them their proper privileges to also moderate the chatroom if they wish to do so.

Please note that since the chatroom just opened there will be a little amount of people, and things will be slow for some time. However I expect that to change over time. Also keep in mind that the same rules on the forums, are also the same ones that will be applied on the channel. So if you happen to have forgotten the rules then you can find a reminder here. [ http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/?p=6248 ]

You should also keep in mind that if you have a question then do not expect instant replies. The channel may be slow or fast depending on the timezone, and what everyone's doing. It is also normal for users on IRC to idle inside the channels. This is true for any IRC channel out there on any IRC server. Conversations on the channel are logged (most of the time) by various IRC clients and yours truly. If you feel to suggest an improvement then post in this thread, or mention it in the chat.

How to connect

Browser:

• Access to https://webchat.freenode.net/
  • On "Channels" write #LoversLab or #loverslab is also accepted.
  • Ensure that you have put a proper nickname and the captcha and then hit "connect"

Desktop:

• Use any of your favourite IRC clients. (Personal favorites; mIRC for Windows, XChat IRC for both Windows, and Linux distros)
  • Connect to any of the available servers with the settings you prefer; http://freenode.net/irc_servers.shtml
  • Join the channel #LoversLab

Notes

I suggest you to use the same name as you do on the forums, and possibly also register the name via nickserv by using the following command;

/msg NickServ REGISTER password youremail@example.com

If you experience any issues then first check Freenode's website for the FAQ page [ http://freenode.net/faq.shtml ] then you can always contact the Freenode staff, or post in this thread. You should also keep in mind that deletion of your account on Freenode isn't handled by Ashal, but you should contact the Freenode staff instead.

2013.11.24 - Cloak
If you wish to have a cloak on your IP address on Freenode then you will need to contact the Freenode staff after you have registered and

confirmed an account via nickserv. You can contact the Freenode staff by going to the #freenode channel.

Useful links

You know, last person that ran irc channel got banned :sleepy:

Of cores he got banned for other reason but I won't mention that, because I'm bad person. Oh wait, I just did.

Oh no matter, have fun :P

I wasn't aware of that fact, however I received no warnings so far, and I have stated everything that needs to be said on the post. Of course, now I'll try to get in touch with a moderator to check up. Thanks for the tip.

That's good to hear. I am glad that people visit the IRC channel, but as I said, things are slow and in IRC usually it is a good idea to be idle to catch-up with any channel ongoings. I have noticed some people coming and leaving within one to five minutes, and I just want to assure everyone that the channel isn't "dead" but it is slow and for now still has a small group of people that visit, chat and so on.

Archived