I just thought it was a natural progression for a bulkier person to have bulkier hands as well.
When I was heavily into body building' date=' I noticed my body muscles becoming big. My hands and feet didn't grow in size.

[/quote']

I know, and neither do tits, but this isn't the same person putting on weight, its supposed to be people of different body sizes. Surely not all of Tamriel have identically sized hands?

I fail to see why people want a good body covered with crappy default armor and clothes. I can understand wanting new armor and clothes.

I'm using Phygit's new UV mapped feet' date=' are the mesh dimensions the same as the older one you're using?[/quote']

I haven't checked. ;p

Well since most armour and clothes don't show alot of skin it's by nature already fairly compatible, save for the heavy wrist size. They're not that bad are they? I thought you said your mesh was based on the default body too? I know you plan on making scantily clad armour and clothes, but you don't plan on the whole world wearing them do you?

They are. I just realised your ankles don't morph either, so as long as you reuse his 0 feet twice it should fit. I have a heavily edited version of motseer's texture made seamless with it if anyone's interested. One area I can't seem to get rid of the seam though is where the arse joins to the thigh, it looks fine in nifskope, but in game at certain angles there's a lighter line visible.

IMO this is the best female model skin (mesh/bone weights) so far (shape is a issue of taste). I have only one minor problem with not-standard UVs: in some cases nipples are on the wrong position in vanilla tavern clothes models (i guess these original nifs are using your textures).

Could you be more specific' date=' how to "use for NPC:

Rename the files to the same names as" ... "body of the NPC you are replacing." Please, some examples! Body nif naming, directories....

Could it be e.g. 000a2c8e.nif for Lydia? But where?

:)

[/quote']

Indeed, the buttocks are especially shapely.

I'm pretty sure all npcs already use it.

I'm pretty sure all npcs already use it.

Yes, femalebody_1.nif/femalebody_0.nif in the "character assets" directory is a global replacer: all female human PCs and NPs have the same body (different slider value).

I thought that it was possible somehow to use a certain body type only for a specific NPC, like this could be done in hair mods in the "facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm" directory.

Could you be more specific' date=' how to "use for NPC:

Rename the files to the same names as" ... "body of the NPC you are replacing." Please, some examples! Body nif naming, directories....

Could it be e.g. 000a2c8e.nif for Lydia? But where?[/quote']

Example:

Google search 'skyrim lydia'

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim%3ALydia

You find that lydia is using steel armor

search the data files for steel folder and find name of nif she is using.

Data\meshes\armor\steel\f\cuirass_0.nif and cuirass_1.nif

Rename my body files to the above names and replace.

You can also use any of 2pac's hot body/armors to replace to get different looks.

I know' date=' and neither do tits, but this isn't the same person putting on weight, its supposed to be people of different body sizes. Surely not all of Tamriel have identically sized hands?[/quote']

In my game it is the SAME person who is morphing. ;p

I do know what you are after. Different body sizes/variants.

That comes later when i build the fat, pregnant, dwarf variants for the NPC's! :D

Those could be used for the PC.

I thought you said your mesh was based on the default body too?

ONE of the meshes (I've done about 15) should fit the default clothing/armor. Probably Hera0. Why don't you try it?

One area I can't seem to get rid of the seam though is where the arse joins to the thigh' date=' it looks fine in nifskope, but in game at certain angles there's a lighter line visible.[/quote']

I know the cause, but despite threatening 2pac, he won't fix it.

He seems to think his free-time is his own! :P

I thought that it was possible somehow to use a certain body type only for a specific NPC' date=' like this could be done in hair mods in the "facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm" directory.[/quote']

I'm not too sure about a different body for each NPC, at the moment.

However, each different profession can certainly have a different body.

I know the cause' date=' but despite threatening 2pac, he won't fix it.

He seems to think his free-time is his own! :P

[/quote']

i thought it was fixed? maybe it would be a good learning experience in blender for you if you tried it... lol. it would just require redoing every single variant. and that would take some time

i thought it was fixed? maybe it would be a good learning experience in blender for you if you tried it... lol. it would just require redoing every single variant. and that would take some time

I'm just kidding. The marks don't bother me, because I'll cover them up with stockings/tattoos/fishnet, bondage ropes, etc.

I'm just kidding. The marks don't bother me' date=' because I'll cover them up with stockings/tattoos/fishnet, bondage ropes, etc.

[/quote']

ive never noticed them. i wonder if mine has it too?

Example:

Google search 'skyrim lydia'

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim%3ALydia

You find that lydia is using steel armor

search the data files for steel folder and find name of nif she is using.

Data\meshes\armor\steel\f\cuirass_0.nif and cuirass_1.nif

Rename my body files to the above names and replace.

You can also use any of 2pac's hot body/armors to replace to get different looks.

This will replace ALL in game steel armor with the naked female body. :huh:

Hair styles in the mods i was talking about are specific for a particular NPC.

BTW, how to set different bodies for different professions? I am not interested in armor.

if you are familiar with fnevs oblivion skin textures...make something like that. make me a really toned texture' date=' with an abs OUTLINE and i would love you forever.

[/quote']

I can't seem to find any screenshots of fnevs oblivion skin texture in use though I did use it for a short time in Oblivion. I can't even remember what it was I didn't like about them that forced me to make my own. Would you be wanting something like

?

I just thought it was a natural progression for a bulkier person to have bulkier hands as well.
When I was heavily into body building' date=' I noticed my body muscles becoming big. My hands and feet didn't grow in size.

[/quote']

Hands do gain bulk but it really depends on what your doing. Bodybuilders don't gain mass there usually because they tend to forget there is muscle in the wrists and hands and what mass they gain is incidental from having to grip large weights and the mass gain from that is fairly minimal. A really fat person will usually gain mass around the wrists and in the fingers as well. When I was really active in kendo my wrists were gaining a lot of mass and my fingers were beginning to, but I also have mass in my fingers from 15 years of playing guitar adding calluses and muscle.

One area I can't seem to get rid of the seam though is where the arse joins to the thigh' date=' it looks fine in nifskope, but in game at certain angles there's a lighter line visible.

[/quote']

That seam is kind of annoying but it's really easy to fix using blender's texture paint mode. I just use the clone tool (which only works in Blender 2.5+) to add a bit of the texture along the seam and then the blur tool to combine the difference away from the seam.

if you are familiar with fnevs oblivion skin textures...make something like that. make me a really toned texture' date=' with an abs OUTLINE and i would love you forever.

[/quote']

I can't seem to find any screenshots of fnevs oblivion skin texture in use though I did use it for a short time in Oblivion. I can't even remember what it was I didn't like about them that forced me to make my own. Would you be wanting something like

?

YES!

[/quote']

?

[/quote']

Hands do gain bulk but it really depends on what your doing. Bodybuilders don't gain mass there usually because they tend to forget there is muscle in the wrists and hands and what mass they gain is incidental from having to grip large weights and the mass gain from that is fairly minimal. A really fat person will usually gain mass around the wrists and in the fingers as well. When I was really active in kendo my wrists were gaining a lot of mass and my fingers were beginning to, but I also have mass in my fingers from 15 years of playing guitar adding calluses and muscle.

One area I can't seem to get rid of the seam though is where the arse joins to the thigh' date=' it looks fine in nifskope, but in game at certain angles there's a lighter line visible.

[/quote']

That seam is kind of annoying but it's really easy to fix using blender's texture paint mode. I just use the clone tool (which only works in Blender 2.5+) to add a bit of the texture along the seam and then the blur tool to combine the difference away from the seam.

Well, on tes nastis, if you go through the hgec stuff on like page 10 or so... meh hold on heres the psd mod files that way you can see. I would do this myself, but Skyrim is in no way similar to Oblivion when it comes to making textures like I used to do on a daily basis for Oblivion, especially with normals, I can't seem to get it right on this game... I hate it.

If your having trouble exporting normals it's because of the crazy way Skyrim reads it. You first need to make an object space normal map and then the Green and Blue channels have to be made so they are X+ and Y+ (maybe some programs do this by default, Blender and everything else I've seen set them to the - direction when rendering), so you probably need to invert the Green and Blue channels in Gimp or Photoshop. Once you've done that you have to swizzle the Green and Blue channels which means putting the data that's in the Blue channel into the Green channel and vice versa. Using gimp it's pretty easy to do using the channel mixer and setting Green to 0 and Blue to 100 in the Green channel and then Green to 100 and Blue to 0 in the Blue channel. Once all that mess is sorted your normal map should work.

It would be nice to use that diffuse texture for Skyrim, but due to the completely different way the meshes UVs are mapped it would be more trouble then it's worth.

It's certainly a pain in the ass compared to previous games. If I ever feel adventurous enough I'll probably write a script for Blender to do it automatically. You can already invert the color channels in the UV editor so it shouldn't be too hard to add something to automate that and then also swizzle green and blue. It took me nearly all yesterday after many trials and errors to work out why Skyrim wasn't rendering my normal maps right.

Yeah, Skyrim does use cube maps instead of sphere maps. I'm thinking that the reason behind using object space normals though is that they are faster to process, and it would appear that Bethesda have done something clever to how they are used so that they actually work with a deformed mesh (possibly generate the tangent space in real-time). Looking at the normal maps for the armor pieces themsselves still looks like tangent-space maps though.

• 4 weeks later...