Are there any guides for making the NPCs look consistantly better?

TheInternal

I've been following some guides from this forum to install and goof around with making my Oblivion character look better, as well as try some of the sex mods (rather disappointed in the later, thus far).

However, I've had trouble on finding information on how to make the NPCs look consistantly better. I'm currently trying my female character with a rather absurd H-cup mod and am curious if there's a "b" average HGEC or similar that easily mods the NPCs of the world.

I've heard of Xeo, but hear it has lots of incompatibility issues... and I can't find the link for Xeo 5 download anywhere.

Anyone know of any in existence?

Well, if you are serious about using lovers your going to need to get MBP, MBP++ and x117++. The install if you do all seperately is a pain in the butt! The good news is one of my personal hero's Sizustar made an all in one OMOD (see post 2): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2521

As to Xeo - yea any version EXCEPT XeoSP++ can bork up a lot of things. The SP++ version play quite well with others however :) - see post 53 for links and how to install: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=474&page=6&highlight=xeo+sp%2B%2B

Note you can run XeoSp++ and MBP together as they effect different things mostly.

Lastly on HGEC - you can have damn near any cup size you want from aa to K if you want, you can just replace the H size with what you like - but since you mentioned B - here you go: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34442

I think I covered all the bases but if I missed anything or you have further questions just holler :)

Well' date=' if you are serious about using lovers your going to need to get MBP, MBP++ and x117++. The install if you do all seperately is a pain in the butt! The good news is one of my personal hero's Sizustar made an all in one OMOD (see post 2): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2521

As to Xeo - yea any version EXCEPT XeoSP++ can bork up a lot of things. The SP++ version play quite well with others however :) - see post 53 for links and how to install: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=474&page=6&highlight=xeo+sp%2B%2B

Note you can run XeoSp++ and MBP together as they effect different things mostly.

Lastly on HGEC - you can have damn near any cup size you want from aa to K if you want, you can just replace the H size with what you like - but since you mentioned B - here you go: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34442

I think I covered all the bases but if I missed anything or you have further questions just holler :)

[/quote']

thanks for all the useful replies, Greg :D much appreciated. I think OBGE borked my latest install (after I did some minor breaking of textures).

I'm trying to find a sure-fire install order. Is Wyre Bash a "must have?" for installation?

I'm currently reinstalling from disk in order-

oblivion

knights of the nine

shivering isles

official patch

I'm thinking I should do the unofficial patch, it's patch, and the unofficial DLC patch next.

Not very confident on the order of the rest (or which versions to use) of the character beautification mods. Just the dependencies alone are hard to be 100% sure on since there's a ton of variants even in one version number for lots of the popular ones.

The best thing to do is install the unofficial patches and then make a backup of your game so if you do screw something up you can quickly recover.

Then the following:

1. Any regular mods like armor/clothes/quests/castles

2. Any other beautification mod like colourwheels stuff or younger hotter npc's

3. MBP all in one OMOD (see link above)

4. XeoSP++ see link and instructions above.

5. Lovers stuff

Between each step load the game and try it out to make sure your working and then make another backup.

As to must have tools:

OBSE

Boss

OBMM

Streamline

WeOCPs

OSR

pluggy (for some lovers mods)

If you have 64bit OS with at least 3GB RAM:

4GB patch

Wrye Bash won't hurt you but if you are only going to have 10-20 mods it isn't a MUST. As you start getting lots of mods the bashed patch tool will save you a load of grief! Not to mention that Wrye has quite a few built in features that you will need as you become a power user.

The best thing to do is install the unofficial patches and then make a backup of your game so if you do screw something up you can quickly recover.

Then the following:

1. Any regular mods like armor/clothes/quests/castles

2. Any other beautification mod like colourwheels stuff or younger hotter npc's

3. MBP all in one OMOD (see link above)

4. XeoSP++ see link and instructions above.

5. Lovers stuff

Between each step load the game and try it out to make sure your working and then make another backup.

As to must have tools:

OBSE

Boss

OBMM

Streamline

WeOCPs

OSR

pluggy (for some lovers mods)

If you have 64bit OS with at least 3GB RAM:

4GB patch

Wrye Bash won't hurt you but if you are only going to have 10-20 mods it isn't a MUST. As you start getting lots of mods the bashed patch tool will save you a load of grief! Not to mention that Wrye has quite a few built in features that you will need as you become a power user.

I have no idea how to back up my base oblivion install... and a cursory google search has resulted in little to go on... looks like I'll be up late again researching :o

After I figure out how to make oblivion install backups, the environ look shiny, and characters look prettier, I think I may try and tackle making companions... the big question being could I do some busty HGEC with unique skin and hair alongside a totally different hair / skin / more "cute" body type and have them fully packaged as stand alone companions... so much to learn / research...

Making a backup is actually quite simple.

Just make a new folder on the drive or directory your going to store your backup. Then go back to your oblivion folder and select everything inside it and copy it to your backup folder. This will take a bit so best to do it just prior to work/school/bed. Then when you get back you can compress it to save space via winzip, or rar or whatever other compression program you like.

Also once you get playing and have a character you want to save you can make a backup of it via copying the savegame (try not to use autosaves or quicksaves). Savegames are in documents\mygames\oblivion\saves.

Lastly it is a good idea to backup your oblivion.ini file from time to time too. It is located in Documents\mygames\oblivion\

Making a backup is actually quite simple.

Just make a new folder on the drive or directory your going to store your backup. Then go back to your oblivion folder and select everything inside it and copy it to your backup folder. This will take a bit so best to do it just prior to work/school/bed. Then when you get back you can compress it to save space via winzip' date=' or rar or whatever other compression program you like.

Also once you get playing and have a character you want to save you can make a backup of it via copying the savegame (try not to use autosaves or quicksaves). Savegames are in documents\mygames\oblivion\saves.

Lastly it is a good idea to backup your oblivion.ini file from time to time too. It is located in Documents\mygames\oblivion\

[/quote']

ah. I figured there was some snazzy way to do it that I didn't know of... didn't realize a tried and true "copying of stuff" works

• 4 weeks later...

XEO is the only NPC cosmetics mod you will need for Oblivion' date=' don't bother with MBP and it's many add-ons they are horribly outdated and do not affect NPCs.

[/quote']

Well....yes and no.

No mbp.....forget lovers with pk then because most of the plugins require it. Besides if you are running XeoSP++ (the latest version) then it gets along swimmingly with MBP (oh and mbp does get updated every so often).

As to it not effecting npcs.....that part you have right only as far as it was never designed as a replacer like Xeo. However there currently is a mod in the other adult downloads section that will allow you to skip Xeo (some don't like it) and use MBP to replace vanilla npcs.

Personally I use both and love the variety :)

Guest Donkey

there is still a no mbp patch for lovers wit pk, who could work with XEO. but i never used it, so don't know if it works as intended. But XEO combined with MBP is the way to go.

Archived