What are some things that seem pretty ubiquitous in the player base that you've never done?

Posted (edited)

For example: I've never done a stealth archer build. I kind of hate stealth in any game, which is why I've never played games like thief, the game that most skyrim devs came from (shocking, I know /s). Maybe it's the adhd, but I prefer faster paced gameplay.

If I do an archry build I'm more like a human M1 Abrams. VIT build fully decked out in heavy armor with max archery enchantments, an enchanced dwarven crossbow with shock and fire enchants + explosive bolts, stomping around dungeons as noisily and chaotically as possible, tanking every hit/spell/trap and oneshotting everything.

Edited by DoctaSax
removed spam link

Never done the Vampire side of Dawnguard and never completed the Civil War.
Never joined the Blades.

These days I can't even bother to start any of the major questlines.

52 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Maybe if you had they wouldn't be getting relegated. :classic_undecided:

I had to Google that, not football fan but, that now makes some sense.

Isn't the customer follower, Kaiden, meant to be a former member of the Blades? Because he sounds like he could be from Sheffield :D

20 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

Never finished the Dragonborn DLC story. Not sure how ubiquitous it is to do it.

19 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

We're in the same boat.

Wait a minute, are you two unlucky bastards saying that you never ...

Spoiler

followed Alduin to Skuldafn?

Skyrim-Dragon-Slayer1.jpg

and therefore never met his two half-human children Alvin?

Skyrim-Dragon-Slayer2.jpg

and Alvina?

Skyrim-Dragon-Slayer3.jpg

Unfortunate, very unfortunate ... 😁😇

21 hours ago, chooseChaos said:

Wait a minute,

Lockdown-home-schooling-980x654.jpg

The moment = way too late, when you realize that we're not talking about the MAIN quest at all, but about the stupid* DLC story** , as I quoted myself

*keyword, because me:  🤦‍♂️

**(which I forgot a long time ago)

I've finished Dawnguard more times than I've finished the main story, because Serana is sexier than Alduin. Plus it's easier to make the call on what to do about Harkon than what to do about Paarthurnax.

Which brings me to the topic: never had my character become a vampire for more than a short time (after which I reverted to a previous save to pick up and continue as a non-vampire).

3 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

*sad vampire noises*

I don't like my character being a werewolf, either. Or a Khajit. Or an Argonian. Not sure how ubiquitous any of those are. Maybe a lot people who like to play stealth builds play Khajit.

3 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

I've finished Dawnguard more times than I've finished the main story, because Serana is sexier than Alduin. Plus it's easier to make the call on what to do about Harkon than what to do about Paarthurnax.

Which brings me to the topic: never had my character become a vampire for more than a short time (after which I reverted to a previous save to pick up and continue as a non-vampire).

3 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

*sad vampire noises*

oooooooooh :classic_sad:

4 minutes ago, chooseChaos said:

oooooooooh :classic_sad:

Yeah,. that was pretty funny.

Let's see, what else? I can't say I've never done the arch-mage thing, but I rarely do it. My guess is I've done it once, maybe twice. I don't keep strict track of these things.

I finished nearly everything in the base game thrice over...unmodded, the first time around, at that so the thing that I have never done that is ubiquitous amongst the player base is not having experienced most of what the game has to offer.

I have seen pretty much everything that does or does not react to player input which is more than some people think but still not quite as much as there would be had certain features been finished at launch (the Cutting Room Floor mod only does so much and it does not do all of those things particularly well).

There are more reactions out of Farengar Secret-Fire regarding player skills during their first meeting as well as from certain child characters when the Dragonborn's Stamina level is high (stamina is tied to the secret Strength stat for whatever reason) than there is for most plotline characters to the player character being Dragonborn.

There is not even a special reaction out of Dunmer when the Dragonborn is clearly farm equipment out of its proper place. that is the biggest disappointment of all for anyone who has played through Morrowind.