Shattered Space pushed back to fall. Oh, goody!

Shattered Space is going to release a year after I paid for the sod, Bethesda's favored modders have got the CK early, but there's no plans to release it to the rest of us as yet, probably because they're waiting for Arthmoor and Elinora to get the bugs out of the paid mods they want to release with the launch of "Creations".

I've been as enthusiastic for this game as any, but I have to say, I am losing the will to live here.

What the hell ... I've been meaning to play Project Liberty for a while now...

Edited by DocClox
1 hour ago, DocClox said:

Shattered Space is going to release a year after I paid for the sod, Bethesda's favored modders have got the CK early, but there's no plans to release it to the rest of us as yet, probably because they're waiting for Arthmoor and Elinora to get the bugs out of the paid mods they want to release with the launch of "Creations".

I've been as enthusiastic for this game as any, but I have to say, I am losing the will to live here.

What the hell ... I've been meaning to play Project Liberty for a while now...

well the creations update for skyrim was the warning btw but tbh creations are mainly for consoles users

14 minutes ago, Djlegends said:

well the creations update for skyrim was the warning btw but tbh creations are mainly for consoles users

It's crazy. There was huge enthusiasm to mod the game on release, and the torrent of mods on Nexus has turned to a trickle. All the enthusiasm is bleeding away, primarily because we're waiting for Elinora to get rid of the physics glitches in the display-everything-in-the-game room in her fifth for-sale space house.

I mean OK, the don't have any obligation to us free modders, but I'm feeling kind of undervalued right now.

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

It's crazy. There was huge enthusiasm to mod the game on release, and the torrent of mods on Nexus has turned to a trickle. All the enthusiasm is bleeding away, primarily because we're waiting for Elinora to get rid of the physics glitches in the display-everything-in-the-game room in her fifth for-sale space house.

I mean OK, the don't have any obligation to us free modders, but I'm feeling kind of undervalued right now.

They might not have an obligation to us free modders but they do have an obligation to us paid cutomers and I paid for that DLC 8 fucking months ago !!

One of the reason I got that game is because they announced that it will be modable early 2024. "Modders are going to love it" 

Well I am a modder and I aint loving jack shit right now. 

Today is literally the last day of "early 2024" and instead of city maps, new ways to traval and the Creation Kit we got an announcment that the DLC is pushed to "fall". 

Wht's the "date" of fall 2024 ?? They propably mean December 31st !

Oh, wait !

That would be a Tuesdeay !! They make releases on Wednesdays and Thursdays !

Well, early 2025 it is then !!

46 minutes ago, azmodan22 said:

they do have an obligation to us paid cutomers and I paid for that DLC 8 fucking months ago !!

Me too, mate. Me too.

47 minutes ago, azmodan22 said:

Well, early 2025 it is then !!

Oh well. It'll give me time to play some Project Liberty. Maybe see what Balders Gate 3 is like if you get out of the first dungeon.

I agree with many here, I think BGS is really dropping the ball on Starfield, and is being their own worst enemy.

A year is way too long for new content that so many of us have already paid for.  Plus, it wouldn't hurt them to communicate a little bit more about regular updates and fixes.  We're about at 6 weeks since their last update, so we should be getting something soon, but all we have is some innuendo from a recent Todd Howard interview that an update that "may" contain maps is "coming soon."

Overall, I agree Starfield is a good (not awesome) game with a lot of potential (and could be awesome with improvements), but BGS really needs to do a better job to keep enthusiasm alive.

Posted (edited)

Personally i really dont get how Bethesda can drop the ball so bad.

I mean, i play Fallout because i can walk/explore a alternative city - which i then learn to know by landmarks and so.

I play Skyrim because i just love the lore, the many NPCs, quests and the learning by doing approach to the game.

And then Bethesda gets rids off all those goodies, but copy-pastes everything bad about thier games. Modded UI was better than vanilla at day one of release, most of the skills are literally copied from thier other games, with no interesting new ways to play.

For me Bethseda has to get procedual map generation working in an interesting way, that makes exploring any fun or Starfield will remain an utter failure to me. Bad and uninteresting Exploration does not get better by adding "rovers", thats just a way to avoid more of the thing, that should be the core drive why players would play the game at all.

Edited by chaosarah
7 hours ago, Djlegends said:

so anybody checked the beta today?
we got ROVERS!!!

1714577968219108.gif

Wrong. That video clip comes from a official update video regarding future updates. NOT in the current beta. The current beta has added empty habs and a interior decorating function. Not a dune buggy yet.

3 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Wrong. That video clip comes from a official update video regarding future updates. NOT in the current beta. The current beta has added empty habs and a interior decorating function. Not a dune buggy yet.

MB I meant its coming in a later update also whoever saying this will be paid is BS