What should I get?

MrBannana

First:

• Read the Sexout tutorial first and install Sexout ( In sig)
  • Create the SCR Resource Folder Second. (Link in sig also)
  • Open downloads and read the descriptions. Install what you like.

Without any description of likes or dislikes, play through preferences it would take Madam Cleo to give you a list of mods that you should download and use.... :dodgy:

Or you could always do what many people do, install the core & 20 conflicting mods at once without reading the info and install instructions or getting the core basic stuff working first then start a "Sexout make game CTD, my toilet no long flush" or "The sky is green from dinosaur sized Brahmin farts" thread :)

Halstrom, You can also end up with 20 foot tall unkillable Brahmin... ;) .. that is an entirely different story....

There is a sexout Compiliation that you can try. It holds most of the stable mods for Sexout. Follow the warnings and post. Read some of the mods select which mod you want be unclicking them after installation.

I just got New Vegas, what mods should I get since I also want ones with Sexout?

You mean non-sexout mods to go with your sexout?

Performance:

NVEC - bug fixes       nexus page

NVEC - Reduce CTD    "

FOMM

fnv4gb loader

stutter remover    nexus page

Better game performance

There are more good ones, but thats a start

Appearance

Nevada skies

Interior lighting overhaul

Mikito Beauty

Gameplay

JE Sawyer mod (created by FNV project lead at Obsidian)

------

That lot will make your game more stable and pretty, but nothing major so will stay play like vanilla

I enjoy Another Kick in the head from Odessa. :D

Any of the mods from "Someguy" that can be found in the Nexus. New Vegas Bounties I and II are good start. Fully voiced acted.

At a minimum a basic sexout install with "Fade to black" mod running. Filles in the sex that occurs when the game actually fades to black but don't add anything else. Nice and fully lore friendly as possible. Not having sex 100000 times a day.. lol.

Fellout or some other darker environment. Seriously should you be able to see so far at night? Also that mod helps get rid of the orange that is prevalent in this game.

Just keep in mind to use a mod manager. Sexout supported mod manager is FOMM. With a mod manager many issues can be resolved realitivly easily. Without it you have to do more work possibly even reload the Game.

Is the 4GB FNV launcher really necessary? Maybe it's just me but I've never seen Skyrim use any more than 2 GB on 64-bit Windows 7. Why would FNV be any different?

BTW, I recommend keeping an eye on this one:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/53635/

Edit: I just found Gopher's modding tutorials for the Ultimate Edition of NV on Youtube. They are pretty good for new players. I wish I had watched these earlier, as it's much better than browsing through the mods on Nexus without knowing whether or not you'll like them and it really saves you from a lot of work. I didn't need something like this for Skyrim, as I started playing it at a time when modding community wasn't so big, so I have a better idea about its mods.

Anyway, you may start with part one (UI customization) and then Project Nevada, Nevada Skies etc. Watching these will give you an idea about what to install.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 4GB FNV launcher really necessary? Maybe it's just me but I've never seen Skyrim use any more than 2 GB on 64-bit Windows 7. Why would FNV be any different?

I'm not usually comfortable suggesting mods and tools in general but this is one I would recommend, from my personal experience.

It solved all my problems in NV back then, frame rate increased and no more CTD.

I used nothing more than this to stabilize the game and increase performance.

It's a long time I don't play NV and I had Windows7 (in case it should make any difference). It could be that older versions of 4GBNV are better, or Windows 8 could cause problems, etc... I really don't know.

But I repeat, from my personal experience back then, it's been the best possible thing for my game performance.

• 1 month later...

Archived