Very noob question, Fallout4Custom.ini.

2 minutes ago, Simpossible_xx said:

If you are new to modding, I recommend that you follow this wonderful manual. I personally use MO2 for installing mods and also edited my .ini files in that program, works fine for me.

Thats the guide i'm trying to follow, maybe i'm just missing something (Or my brain is rotting).

From the guide:

Open the following file:

If Vortex -> Documents/mygames/Fallout4 -> Fallout4Custom.ini

If MO2 -> MO2's .ini editor -> Fallout4Custom.ini

And add these 3 lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

When I get to the Fallout4 in Documents, it has a Fallout4Custom.ini BAKED file type and a BASE file type. So i'm just confused if I should add the lines to both or just one?

15 minutes ago, Longhammer717 said:

Thats the guide i'm trying to follow, maybe i'm just missing something (Or my brain is rotting).

From the guide:

Open the following file:

If Vortex -> Documents/mygames/Fallout4 -> Fallout4Custom.ini

If MO2 -> MO2's .ini editor -> Fallout4Custom.ini

And add these 3 lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

When I get to the Fallout4 in Documents, it has a Fallout4Custom.ini BAKED file type and a BASE file type. So i'm just confused if I should add the lines to both or just one?

Don't worry, your brain is alright and it is alright to ask questions here 🙂

Sooo, I just double-checked my documents folder and I have only one Fallout4Custom.ini, no baked or base, the original one. This is only my suggestion, but this issue may relate to Vortex. You may try to add those lines to both files, it won't harm.

And as I suggested earlier, I use MO2 and it operates just fine, you may try it instead of Vortex.

Edited by Simpossible_xx
8 minutes ago, Simpossible_xx said:

Don't worry, your brain is alright and it is alright to ask questions here 🙂

Sooo, I just double-checked my documents folder and I have only one Fallout4Custom.ini, no baked or base, the original one. This is only my suggestion, but this issue may relate to Vortex. You may try to add those lines to both files, it won't harm.

And as I suggested earlier, I use MO2 and it operates just fine, you may try it instead of Vortex.

Thank you for your help and advice, I appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Longhammer717 said:

Thank you for your help and advice, I appreciate it!

My pleasure, just about a year I've also been trying to figure out how FO4 modding works and desperately wanted to play with all those stunning mods. Now I made it and I'm glad to help others beginners 😉