[Mod]Project Sugar Cake [Animation and Stat Framework]

Project Sugar Cake [Animation and Stat Framework]

(_) Project Sugar Cake - Palworld Sex and Stats Framework (_)

Created and Maintained by : Michael "Spirit Shard" Stanich

Discord - The Broken Chatbox - https://discord.gg/h3vB7S4FEw
Website - https://www.michaelpstanich.com/
v (Donations! =^-^=) v
SubscribeStar - https://subscribestar.adult/michaelpstanich

DisplayCover_BETA.png.ecc6627e595fd1e1c290abfe7cae4c76.png

(_) What is Sugar Cake? (SCake for short) (_)Project Sugar Cake is a sex animation and gameplay stats framework for Palworld focused on providing the baseline for adult content in Palworld. SCake allows animators to import their animations into Palworld, then animators and users can use those individual animations to create Animation Events (effectively entire scenes) for customized playback of complex animations. (More on this below) SCake also adds additional stat tracking to create dynamic stats that don't fit within the game's native structure (such as some naughty stats ^.-).

< - > Self Promotion < - >
I'm never really great at asking for donations, but if you never mention it people may not even know about it! So here I am, letting you know I have a SubscribeStar! - https://subscribestar.adult/michaelpstanich (SCake is completely free with no paywalls, but Subscribers do get a special role on Discord and other benefits regarding other projects of mine!) If you can't help support the project financially that's ok! I appreciate any little bit of help, whether that's just in giving feedback and bug reports, or by just sending a politely worded message!

(_) Known Critical Issues (_)

- Triggering animations in some cases can break animations or triggers, causing game errors. Only trigger animations while the player isn't mounted or in another interaction! Validation methods to prevent these errors are in the works for future versions of SCake but we need more testing to find exceptions and when things break. (If you find something that breaks anims or the game, please let me know!)

(_) Features List (_)

<> Custom Animation Player
 - - > A fully custom Animation Player built with erotic animations in mind. The system allows animators and scene creators to define stages with automatic climax and post climax support. Users get access to various advanced settings to customize their experience with SCake to their preference!

<> Custom JSON importer for Animations
 - - > Project Sugar Cake features a fully customizable and dynamic way to import animations through JSON files which both animators and users can fully customize in any plain text editor! Create either simple Animation Events with easy to understand data, or go full scene master with advanced settings and crazy potential!

<> Custom UI for controlling Animations and Settings
 - - > Simplified set-up and control through a custom UI and input handler built specifically for SCake and SCake Modules! Using the defined keys, this UI is easy and simple to navigate for customizing your SCake experience. During animations this UI is also used for adjusting positioning, moving the camera (in player involved animations), and editing the animations on-the-fly!

<> Pal Stat Tracking
 - - > Tracking for custom stats that can be used either by animations or through external mods using the SCake SDK called modules! SCake handles the rising/lowering and tracking without requiring any input from the user!

<> Full Persistence
 - - > SCake has its own save system for additional data unique to the mod! These saves are in .json format (so you can edit them externally) and save per-world save, so you can have different settings per-world!

<> Oh, did I mention this is a Framework? We have an API and SDK!
 - - > Provided along-side SCake is the SCake SDK as well as documentation on the various functions you can call within SCake. This allows you to create modules for SCake through Blueprints with all the powers UE5 provides! (Requires the Palworld Modding Kit for all functions to work properly)

(_) Inputs (_)
SCake has a custom input handler to avoid issues with the game's own input system. SCake defines it's keys as "Up / Down / Left / Right / Menu / Select".

Default Keys and their functions (Use the "Menu" Input to open )
    I : Up
        - In Menus : Moves Up
    K : Down
        - In Menus : Moves Down
    J : Left
        - In Menus : Selects Left
    L : Right
        - In Gameplay : Start solo player animation
        - In Menus : Selects Right
    U : Menu
        - In Gameplay/Menu : Toggles the menu
    O : Select
        - In Gameplay : Opens animation control for the targeted characters
        - In Menus : Selects Center

Camera Controls (While in player involved animations only)
    W : Move Camera Inward
    S : Move Camera Outward
    A : Move Camera Left
    D : Move Camera Right
    Q : Move Camera Up
    E : Move Camera Down

Debug Inputs (While in Gameplay and 'Allow Debug Inputs' is enabled in settings)
    I : Up : End any animation the target is involved in
    K : Down : Start animation between player and the target, hold down to start animation with summoned pal.
    J : Left : Select 2 targets to start an animation for

(_) How to install the SCake framework (_)

- Unzip the archive and place the LogicMods and ~mods folder in "[Palworld Install]/Pal/Content/Paks"
- In the ~mods folder, enter the "AnimJSON" folder and run the "__Create_Load_List__.bat" file to auto-fill the load list (You'll need to run this any time you install new animation .json files)
- Install the proper version of UE4SS (Latest version with updated Palworld) - https://github.com/UE4SS-RE/RE-UE4SS
[Optional, sort of]
- Must install animation packs (Detailed below)
- Remember to run the "__Create_Load_List__.bat" file every time you install new animations with .json files! (If the .bat file doesn't run, you can enter the .json file names for animations you want to load in-game manually into the _LoadList.json file)

(_) How to install animation packs (_)
~ For .json installs ~

- Follow their provided instructions if they say where to install the .pak file, otherwise place this is in "Pal/Content/Paks/~mods"
- Place the provided .json file in "Pal/Content/Paks/~mods/AnimJSON/" and run the "__Create_Load_List__.bat" in the same folder
- Now it should load in-game the next time .json animations are registered!

(_) How to add and create animation packs (_)
For a full guide you can read it over on my website at https://www.michaelpstanich.com/article/SCake_HowToMakeAnimsGuide.html or follow the links on our Discord!
To add more animations you just need to (correctly) import the animations into UE5.1 with the correct file path (Content/Mods/YourModName), convert the animation into an animation montage (right click the animation sequence and it will show up in that list), ensure you do what ever edits are required for your montage/animation to look and function correctly (Remember for looping animations to open your montage, go to the "montage sections" tab, and tickmark where it should loop! If you have no sections, just click the 'default' checkbox and it will loop the full animation.).
Once you have the animation montage you can export the .pak file and place it in ~mods, note the file-paths you had in UE5.1 as we'll need these to register the animation properly.
Open the appropriate templates provided in the AnimJSON folder from SCake and enter in the correct metadata for your animation, delete any sections/data you're not using for your animation. (Note: You can check the "Sugar Cake - Metadata.txt" provided with SCake for a description of the parameters, the "_SCake_TemplateWithExplainations.json" has sections explaining each parameter and may be a good place to start reading while using other .json files as a reference to create your own)
Once you have your .json file complete, rename it to match your pack name and include it with your .pak when distributing your animation pack! I recommend testing the pack before distribution, so install it like any other pack by placing the .json file to the AnimJSON folder and adding the file name to the "_loadlist.json" file, then load up in-game and trigger the animations.

(_) Want to implement more animations? Feel free to contact me or interact with our Discord! We're a community thriving on creativity and would be really glad to help! (_)

> - > - > - > - < - < - < - <

Some links to Animation Paks on LoversLab! (These are just ones I know about, if more show up please let me know!)

TemTemLover's Animations + Mesh Pack

Spirit Shard's "SCake_BasicsAnimPak"

Should be in the downloads for the mod!

You can find more animations over on our Discord! (There's a couple of in-progress animation packs, so they may not have been posted elsewhere yet!)

3 minutes ago, Mizunose said:

This is great! It works perfectly, Loving everything so far!!
One question though. Is there any chance this framework gets converted to work with Mod Organizer 2?

Didn't know MO2 properly supported Palworld (I exclusively use MO2 for Skyrim lol). I'm unfamiliar with the requirements there, is there a guide or How-To somewhere for supporting different games?

1 hour ago, Spirit_Shard said:

Didn't know MO2 properly supported Palworld (I exclusively use MO2 for Skyrim lol). I'm unfamiliar with the requirements there, is there a guide or How-To somewhere for supporting different games?

I'm not too sure. Honestly I too enjoy MO2 so just assumed it wasn't being used for it. hopefully Mod Organizer 2 Devs will also allow Palworld compatibility for it.

UE4SS did the exact same thing to me it just kept crashing. I eventually just got rid of it and only used Pak files and that's worked so far but it's really limiting what I can do I'd wanna know if anyone had similar problems and managed to fix it?

5 hours ago, beanman2122 said:

UE4SS seems to crash my game each time I try launching a world.

3 hours ago, PrimoSensei said:

UE4SS did the exact same thing to me it just kept crashing. I eventually just got rid of it and only used Pak files and that's worked so far but it's really limiting what I can do I'd wanna know if anyone had similar problems and managed to fix it?

> \Palworld\Pal\Binaries\Win64

> UE4SS-settings.ini

bUseUObjectArrayCache = false;

Change from true to false.

4 hours ago, ~♥~Lith~♥~ said:

getting "failed to load jason" message. 

Do you still have the 190+ animations loaded? If yes then
Redownload my anim pack if you used all in one install, there was a type in json. Or open the _loadList.json and fix it yourself.

If not, then make sure the _LoadList.json is located in `Content\Paks\~mods\AnimJSON`

Edited by TemtemLover

All I have to say is keep up the great work. I'm glad that there is final a framework being curated for this game. I have an idea for a plugin to work on once this progresses a bit further and once I figure out how to possibly add zones(cells) that would essentially be breeding dens that the player could consensually enter for either work or to have any captured pals/humans work at (which I would essentially consider to be con/non-con considering that captured pal or human willingly listen to the player).

hello for me nothing works from the mod i did all the steps put all the files in the listed places but nothing in my world changed not even the listed inputs.is there a possible program i need to use this mod? is so can someone tell me if not im not sure what the problem is i dont use mods very much so all of this is still new to me

On 4/22/2024 at 4:27 PM, Jaysteyner said:

got no clue how any of this is meant to work

Seconded. I THINK I installed everything correctly, though I find it odd how small the downloaded files were given what they contain. As far as I know it's all installed right, but no key (I think it said 'u' up above, opens any menu.

6 hours ago, Adraya said:

Seconded. I THINK I installed everything correctly, though I find it odd how small the downloaded files were given what they contain. As far as I know it's all installed right, but no key (I think it said 'u' up above, opens any menu.

Did you download an UE4SS and put it to your \Pal\Binaries\Win64\ or \Pal\Binaries\WinGDK\ folder?

On 4/22/2024 at 3:40 PM, Jaysteyner said:

hello for me nothing works from the mod i did all the steps put all the files in the listed places but nothing in my world changed not even the listed inputs.is there a possible program i need to use this mod? is so can someone tell me if not im not sure what the problem is i dont use mods very much so all of this is still new to me

If you go to Spirit Shard's discord, you can get help much more quickly. He's very active there.

15 hours ago, dracometeo said:

Did you download an UE4SS and put it to your \Pal\Binaries\Win64\ or \Pal\Binaries\WinGDK\ folder?

Mmhmm, it's there, unless other mods conflict with it. I'll try disabling everything else and try again soon. ((The other mods work, so I know UE4SS is installed right)

New update for Project Sugar Cake 0.2 DEV is up with a ton of additions! Blazed through a ton of stuff and did way more than initially intended, but that's defiantly a good thing here!

!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!

This update changed the .json format for importing animations! Make sure to update all your packs! (I know the updated .json files are already updated on our Discord) There were some changes I had the opportunity to make to both optimize the JSON files while also making it a bit easier for people to format and use them, so I took the chance while there's not much out there to download yet. This should mean we don't have to break anything later as we can have backwards compatibility stuff set up if necessary, but this change was fundamental enough it required the change.

SubscribeStar Post - https://subscribestar.adult/posts/1268560

General Announcement

"

Some major changes made it into this update thanks to some fun discoveries. Let’s start with the first major change, the .json format has been updated and old .json files will fail to load so they need to be updated (I’ll be distributing my own updated .json files and have even updated the old ScakeBasics pak specifically for this, since I haven’t gotten the new animation back going yet). I’ve already spoken with those I know of who’ve made animation packs available so this isn’t ‘sudden’ or unexpected (I even asked for feedback on the changes! ^-^) and they should be updating their packs officially when they can.

Ok, so quickly, let’s run down the new major features list, Persistence is figured out! So now SCake creates save files in the .json format within the AnimJSON folder, which was the main feature planned for this update. Inside the AnimJSON folder of the install is a new “__Create_Load_List__.bat” file that automatically fills the _LoadList.json so you can just run this and no longer need to manually fill the list (hoping this reduces people being confused by a good amount, but probably not X.x). New custom stat tracking system is fully in-place with new methods allowing tracking of characters that are not even active in-game. New “Sexual Heat” system, heat builds up over time and makes characters aroused with affect on sexual pleasure during erotic animations, toggles between rising and falling depending on recent activities, such as having an orgasm will switch heat to begin resetting back to zero. Support for Morph Targets which integrates into the new Heat system; this requires models to support it but if a Morph Target on the mesh is called “Aroused” then SCake will automatically change that Morph Target depending on Heat and for Animation Events. Added a new animation progression mode, “Pleasure Progression Mode” allows animations to progress through stages depending on the average Sexual Pleasure of participants! I also quickly added the changing of eyes/mouths displayed on pals during Animation Events! Quite a hefty update!

"

On 4/19/2024 at 2:12 PM, VAAlucard said:

..once I figure out how to possibly add zones(cells) that would essentially be breeding dens that the player could consensually enter for either work or to have any captured pals/humans work at (which I would essentially consider to be con/non-con considering that captured pal or human willingly listen to the player).

Sounds interesting, looking forward to see what you make! SCake does have a working SDK/API that allows a decent amount of stuff already and I'm taking requests on what to add to it. If there's anything you may need in there let me know! ^-^

13 hours ago, ant_9484 said:

let me know when there is M human on F pals animations.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/33129-scake-pack-temtemlovers-animations-mesh-pack/

Just now, beesilver said:

when i go to run __Create_Load_List__.bat its says "access is denied"

_LoadList.json created at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\~mods\AnimJSON\\_LoadList.json
Press any key to continue

did i do something wrong?

yeaah, since you are using that folder, it is likely locked by admin rights..
This is the concerns I had with bat files lol

Rightclick bat file and launch with admin rights.

1 hour ago, Adraya said:

EDIT Update fixeed most of the issues, but now during the animations, I'm not noticing any model swapping? My poor direwolf is a ken doll =(

models dont swap during animations, nor SCake even does anything about that in terms of meshes.

Check if you have OK installed properly if you are using my meshpack.

Edited by TemtemLover