[Mod]Project Sugar Cake [Animation and Stat Framework]

16 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

models dont swap during animations, nor SCake even does anything about that in terms of meshes.

Check if you have OK installed properly if you are using my meshpack.

That would do it, missed that OK was needed. Sorry about that. Everything works fine now! Thank ya much for the help ^^

Ok, I know it's only been a day, but there were some bugs discovered that I couldn't let sit so I released Project Sugar Cake 0.2.1 DEV that fixes those issues and adds some requested mod features.

SubscribeStar Post - https://subscribestar.adult/posts/1278945

Discord Snippet
"
Last patch had a few bugs I didn’t catch and I also forgot to add the new Sexual Heat system into the save file (I was the big dumb Q.Q) so this update fixes those as well as adding some requested features for the SDK. There is a big new feature hidden here though (which is why it gets its own post ^.-), I added the ability for modules using SCake’s SDK to add arbitrary stats that can then save and load with SCake’s systems as well as integrate into the mod directly! I call these “ArbVariables” or Arbitrary Value Variables where modders can register an Name variable with an associated value which can then be seen and modified by any other mod by the name variable! For this first implementation I just added the ArbString which is enough for modders to do whatever they need to do, but in the future I’d like to add a float and int versions as well with more configuration options like automatic decay/buildup/caps/so on. This is not just a “sex” framework, but also a Stats Framework, and here’s the first major step in that!
"

It's not a 'massive' update, but if some modules come out that use the new ArbString system you'll need the new version! ^-^

On 4/25/2024 at 4:31 AM, beesilver said:

when i go to run __Create_Load_List__.bat its says "access is denied"

Alternative to what TemtemLover mentioned, you can move the AnimJSON folder out of your programs folder (like the desktop) and run the file there, then move it back. (the .bat file just runs the process on whatever folder it's currently in)

30 minutes ago, Marziasim4 said:

image.png.85e2ef5aa43c4e1bb3ef477ba521e980.png
uhm, what happened? do i reinstall the game and try to install the mods again?

That's a new one, not sure what caused that. Are you trying to run the mod-kit or is this just your game install? Shouldn't get any 'uproject' errors. X.x (I'd try validating your install through steam/xbox app and reinstall mods)

1 hour ago, Spirit_Shard said:

That's a new one, not sure what caused that. Are you trying to run the mod-kit or is this just your game install? Shouldn't get any 'uproject' errors. X.x (I'd try validating your install through steam/xbox app and reinstall mods)

That's not a new one, happens when you delete pal.pak. The main 18gig file, yes. I did that too once.

17 minutes ago, TemtemLover said:

That's not a new one, happens when you delete pal.pak. The main 18gig file, yes. I did that too once.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I'd never run into that issue before. X.x lol (suppose my advice would fix the issue at least ^-^)

5 hours ago, NiffyFox said:

could use some help, still cant get this to work, I press U and 0 but it dosn't seem to work.

Generic "I need help" messages are extremely difficult to reply to because I have zero context for what's going on. The installation instructions are on the main page and in the ReadMe.txt, if you follow them correctly then it should be working, you'll know it's working because text will show up in-game saying "Project Sugar Cake is Installed"/"is Running". Ensure you installed all the requirements and put them in the right place. If you need more personalized help then you can try our Discord where we actively try to help people and have pinned messages to help further.

Forums like this aren't really set up for strings of conversation like a generic help message is, if you provide more details about your issue then I can help, otherwise I can't do anything with generic help questions or questions that are already answered in the main post since I'll have no information to provide.

On 4/14/2024 at 10:15 AM, Spirit_Shard said:

Didn't know MO2 properly supported Palworld (I exclusively use MO2 for Skyrim lol). I'm unfamiliar with the requirements there, is there a guide or How-To somewhere for supporting different games?

also maybe vortex/nexus mod manager while you're at it. the place it puts the files automatically does not seem to work properly (at least when it comes to the create_load_list thing)
for me it is putting the file into pal content paks LogicMods ~mods AnimJSON 
(also note, I also have a folder that is pal content paks ~mods and I'm not sure if I should move all the contents out of the logicmods folder that popped up)

Hey I reinstalled my game and it works but now that when i run the __Create_Load_List__  with admin it will shut down mid loading. is it supposed to do that? man i wish we had a YT video to follow so it would make it 10x easier for my dumb brain. i did move AnimJSON to the desktop and ran it while it was in the folder but still didnt work. im playing on the steam version.

On 4/26/2024 at 4:14 PM, kingbloxer said:

also maybe vortex/nexus mod manager...

There's no way for me to set up vortex compatibility with how they currently have their system set up. Despite SCake having the correct file pathing for the paks folder, vortex still says "Ah! This one is a logic mod!" and just throws everything into the wrong folder instead of splitting things up like the file structure suggests. I have no idea why they did it this way...

On 4/26/2024 at 7:54 PM, Marziasim4 said:

...when i run the __Create_Load_List__  with admin it will shut down mid loading...

If the .bat files doesn't work you'll just have to fill in the LoadList manually, just put the file name of the animation pack .json files in there in JSON format (so like "packname1","packname2","packname3" ect.). Normally moving it to the desktop should allow it to run normally but you may have AV or intrusive protection measures enabled on your system that block it from creating the _LoadList.json.

I'm really liking that this has been made, but i can't seem to get it to work. None of the hotkeys listed on the front page seem to be working. I believe I have followed the instructions to the letter.

I have the latest version of UE4SS installed. The files are placed in ~mods and Logic Mods folder. The .jason list is updated with the addition of TemTems pak (which I followed the directions for) and LordLemons pak (again per its instructions). I have OK installed per instructions as well.

I am receiving the " Project SCake is Installed" message but no "running" message.

I'm wondering if a recent Palworld update may have broke something and if so what version of Palworld this is intended for. I may have done something wrong as well, I'm not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted (edited)

Installed according to the instructions, the game says the file is running, the u button opens a menu in which it is empty, where only the settings work.Pressing the O button, nothing is missing, a long message comes,(For such programs, I think it would be better if there was a video instruction, since a lot of people complain about how to install it correctly, even according to the instructions.)(((I created a lot of folders and threw these files everywhere, registered mods, left one on the desktop, threw it into the mod folder, threw it into the pack folder, and everything worked, what did I do right from all this? but it worked and a bunch of animations appeared.)))

Edited by VoltSin
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, scurvykervy said:

I'm also having trouble getting this to work. I have UE4SS_v3.0.1 (dwmapi.dll, UE4SS.dll, UE4SS-settings.ini ((edited bUseUObjectArrayCache = false)), and Mods folder) dropped into the \Win64\ folder. PSCv0.2.1DEV (LogicMods & ~mods) dropped into \Content\Paks\ folder. Ran (_Create_Load_List__.bat) by double clicking. Says press any key to continue. Says a line of code then closes before I can read it. If I run the (_Create_Load_List__.bat) as administrator. The script runs for about 10 seconds and runs a couple hundred lines of code. 

I, then, dropped SCakeBasicsAnimPak.pak into ~mods, and ScakeBasicAnimPak.json into AnimJSON folder. Again. I run the .bat file the same way as last time. First double click, one line of command, run again as admin, get couple hundred lines of command.

Open game, no pink start up message. I tried restarting PC in between. I tried the above mention post of recreating folders \Content\Paks\~mods\AnimJSON\ on desktop, moving files over, running .bat file from desktop folders, placing new folder \Content\ folder into game directory. 

Still nothing.

Make sure you installed the UE4SS files in the right win64 folder, that maybe the issue here. From what I remembered there is two of them and Im not sure it depends which one you installed it in.