Expanded Gag Dialogue for KFT

View File

Expanded Gag Dialogue

With the recent release of the Kziitd Fetish Toolset Beta I was very eager to start including it in my future playthroughs, but it will take a while before all my favourite mods are updated to supported/new mods are created for it. So I decided to make this quick mod in an attempt to tie the restraints into the gameplay a little but more.

I hope at some point soon a more experienced modder will come along and make this mod I threw together in a couple days obsolete, but until then here it is :)

What does it do?

I really like the gag talk Ego added to KFT, so I wanted to give the player some more incentive to talk to NPCs while gagged, letting the world around them listen to their helpless moans. There are several new dialogue options while the player is gagged now.

All added gagged dialogue goes through a simple speech check, the success probability is influenced by the player's Charisma score. On a failure the NPC does not understand the player and they have to try again.

All probabilities are configurable in MCM

Active Companion Dialogue

The player can ask their active companion for help with their restraints, choosing between gag, arm or leg restraints (although arm and leg are often the same device).

Companions will attempt to help the player struggle out of their bonds, their chance of success being a bit higher than the player's. 

Generic NPC Dialogue

The player can also ask any other friendly NPC for help with their restraints, but this comes with a risk.

Possible outcomes:

• The NPC helps the player with one random device
  • The NPC gives the player a fetish key
  • The NPC helps the player with one random device or gives them a key, but demands caps as payment
  • The NPC ignores the player
  • The NPC locks even more restraints on the player (if possible) and takes their fetish key if they have one.

Trader Dialogue

If you succeed the gag speech check you can now trade with vendor NPCs while gagged.

Requirements

KFT and all of its requirements: 

Credits

EgoBallistic and Kziitd on their fantastic work on the new framework

Kimy for all her work on DD and DCL which was an obvious inspiration for this mod

Notes/Bugs

There's a couple issues with the mod but I don't have time to fix them right now - nothing gamebreaking that I'm aware of, just small things

• The mod doesn't properly detect if it's actually possible to equip more restraints, so you may get get the 'NPC locks you in more restraints' dialogue without any more devices being added.
  • I didn't know how to do a generic 'vendor' check for the barter dialogue, so I just manually added the obvious factions (Diamond City, Brotherhood, Railroad, Caravan and Workshop vendors). This means you won't be able to trade with all vendors in the game without escaping your gag.
  • I wanted to do an actual built-in speech check but I couldn't find a way to make it re-trigger every time so for the time being it's just a % chance influenced by your Charisma. 5 is the baseline , so anything below that gives you a negative modifier and anything above it gives you a positive modifier.

It's been a long time since I published a Bethesda mod and my first time making one for F4, so please let me know if things don't work

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/04/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Kziitd Fetish Toolset

When my character is covered in ropes, Nick always walks away because he finds it difficult to understand my "Mmmmmm...". He is a highly intelligent robot! I think even if my character doesn't speak, he should actively help me untie these ropes...... Now, the situation has finally improved

You are really great.
Expansion so soon.
But I want to ask briefly first, except for companions, any friendly NPC will activate the effect of this mod, right?
Suppose I was taken to the lair of random enemies by the Violate and CSA kidnapping modules. They were friendly to me until they found me running away or fighting, and they would be "willing" to remove the KFT device I wore during the Violate session. ?
I think a lot of mods have this friendly/hostile dynamic.
And I think based on immersion, the friendly raider at the kidnapping location shouldn't pay attention to me.

1 hour ago, kziitd said:

You are really great.
Expansion so soon.
But I want to ask briefly first, except for companions, any friendly NPC will activate the effect of this mod, right?
Suppose I was taken to the lair of random enemies by the Violate and CSA kidnapping modules. They were friendly to me until they found me running away or fighting, and they would be "willing" to remove the KFT device I wore during the Violate session. ?
I think a lot of mods have this friendly/hostile dynamic.
And I think based on immersion, the friendly raider at the kidnapping location shouldn't pay attention to me.

Ah you’re right that’s quite an oversight! I’ll look into making the conditions for the dialogue triggering more restricted so it doesn’t trigger from “friendly” enemy characters

7 hours ago, PowerBing said:

Ah you’re right that’s quite an oversight! I’ll look into making the conditions for the dialogue triggering more restricted so it doesn’t trigger from “friendly” enemy characters

At first glance you could filter it by factions

Target IsInFaction RaiderFaction == 0

GunnerFaction
SuperMutantFaction

With that you would avoid conflicts with Violate, Hardship, Slavers. 

• I wanted to do an actual built-in speech check but I couldn't find a way to make it re-trigger every time so for the time being it's just a % chance influenced by your Charisma. 5 is the baseline , so anything below that gives you a negative modifier and anything above it gives you a positive modifier.

Take a looks at the file I posted here. It modifies the DD "mumph!" quest dialogs to Medium and Hard repeatable speech challange. The hard speech check has a 2 game hour cooldown.

This is also a good video tutorial on speech challenges ( by being direct to the point and under 4 min )

Edited by jbezorg
4 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Take a looks at the file I posted here. It modifies the DD "mumph!" quest dialogs to Medium and Hard repeatable speech challange. The hard speech check has a 2 game hour cooldown.

This is also a good video tutorial on speech challenges ( by being direct to the point and under 4 min )

That’s really great thank you, I’ll have a look at the file you posted later today :) 

I’ve tried making it a repeatable challenge but ran into the issue of it not re-triggering once it has succeeded once, always going through to the success response afterwards. Probably just missed something in the configuration!

Released 1.0.2, raiders, gunners and super mutants can no longer help with restraints. Will look into using faction relationship in the future as well to stop factions like the BoS from helping you once you've made them your enemy.

2 hours ago, PowerBing said:

Released 1.0.2, raiders, gunners and super mutants can no longer help with restraints. Will look into using faction relationship in the future as well to stop factions like the BoS from helping you once you've made them your enemy.

Or they 100% add more for you.😆

57 minutes ago, kziitd said:

Thanks for the update!
But there's still a problem: a restrained female NPC can still unlock you.🤣

Annnndd fixed. I'll slowly iron out the wrinkles one by one! :P

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Did manage to get unlocked, Sorta. All items were removed and, except for the gag, were immediately re-equipped.

Not sure if it's a problem that lays w/in this mod or the KFT API. Also, you're probably in the same situation as me and waiting for a F4SE update.

Nevermind. Think that's the way it's suppose to work. Next time it happened the gag wasn't removed and only 1 other item was. The next time, same thing. one item was removed that wasn't the gag. 3rd time the gag was finally removed.

Edited by jbezorg
On 5/3/2024 at 1:05 AM, jbezorg said:

Did manage to get unlocked, Sorta. All items were removed and, except for the gag, were immediately re-equipped.

Not sure if it's a problem that lays w/in this mod or the KFT API. Also, you're probably in the same situation as me and waiting for a F4SE update.

Nevermind. Think that's the way it's suppose to work. Next time it happened the gag wasn't removed and only 1 other item was. The next time, same thing. one item was removed that wasn't the gag. 3rd time the gag was finally removed.

It's kind of how it's supposed to work - 

If you have multiple restraints equipped it's only supposed to remove one, randomly. But it removing all items and then re-equipping them is not intentional. I'll have to look into it, possibly just needs updating to support the newest version of KFT properly.

9 hours ago, PowerBing said:

It's kind of how it's supposed to work - 

If you have multiple restraints equipped it's only supposed to remove one, randomly. But it removing all items and then re-equipping them is not intentional. I'll have to look into it, possibly just needs updating to support the newest version of KFT properly.

Yes, based on the time of your message.
Now KFT has reached Beta 2.3~

Edited by kziitd

@EgoBallistic @PowerBing

Ran into an issue with AAF Violate / Crime & Punishment / Expanded Gag Dialogue. Post scene CAP dialogue was blocked and prevented progression when a KFT gag was added. Had to use CAP's stuck scene escape option. I suspect there would be the same issue with the gag dialogue changes I added to my KFT/DD patched DD Enchantings.

Is there a exclude-gags option in AAF Violate? Rogg DD manager and KFT MCM settings could fix it but that applies to everything. Ideally the gag mods would address it but CAP is a large mod w/out script source and the Discord that was hosting the Q&A no longer exists.

46 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

Is there a exclude-gags option in AAF Violate? Rogg DD manager and KFT MCM settings could fix it but that applies to everything. Ideally the gag mods would address it but CAP is a large mod w/out script source and the Discord that was hosting the Q&A no longer exists.

You can set the chance of gags to 0% in the KFT MCM.  Violate uses the MCM-controlled leveled list so if you do that you won't get KFT gags applied.

I can also add a disable gag dialogue option to KFT's debug MCM in the next release.

Edited by EgoBallistic
Misread the question