OSimpleAssault - OStim Addon for Acheron

View File

Very simple OStim Standalone-based addon for Scrab's Acheron. ESPFE.

First of a series of OStim "conversions". Adds a simple assault option to Acheron's Hunter's Pride menu. Enables the player to assault a defeated NPC.

Version 2.0.0 allows the player to begin an struggle assault out of combat, defeating the actor if successful, courtesy of the Acheron Extension Library. This allows you to press a hotkey at an NPC and begin a struggle QTE, defeating them if you succeed. This is easier if the NPC is many levels lower than you, or if they are asleep. Added a confirmation menu as well, letting you consider your actions.

Player has full control of the scene (benefit of being OStim-based). Both male and female PC supported and any gender NPC can be assaulted (you have free choice after all).

Assault is only going to proceed if:

• The player and target are both out of combat - this is automatically checked by the game.
  • No other actors are added to the scene - they would not have been processed by this mod. This means you can only assault a single target - every scene started by this mod is 2P.

OStim Standalone doesn't have many non-consensual animations - I recommend Magink666's conversion of BakaFactory's SLAL Animations to get some (and other packs by them too). Or you can roleplay the target having fully surrendered for your immersion.

(v1.0.0) Relationship rank with victim is dropped to -4 after the assault. Version 1.0.0 was probably bugged and barely functioned. Removed download for this version.

(v2.0.0) Added out of combat assaults. Optional relationship rank loss after assault. MCM to track actors you have assaulted (credits to OVirginity Reflowered). Confirmation of your choice now required, so you don't accidentally begin an assault.

(v2.0.1) Script adjustment for out of combat assault.

Requires:

Usage:

Spoiler
  1. Best to start a new save, but probably doesn't require one. You shouldn't really be changing your load order on an actual playthrough anyway.
  2. Open the Acheron MCM, and make sure to enable Acheron and set a hotkey for Hunter's Pride
  3. On the Defeat page, enable Lethal and set both Player and NPC to 100%
  4. Press the hotkey you assigned and ensure a notification appears saying "Hunter's Pride enabled". I recommend NotificationLog to check that it has enabled.
  5. Open the OSimpleAssault MCM and set a hotkey for Out of Combat Assaults
  6. Fight and defeat an NPC, or look at the NPC and activate the out of combat assault hotkey. Make sure they are stuck in the defeated animation, and when looking at them, the tooltip reads "Defeated". If it still shows the NPC's name, they are not defeated. A notification "ActorName was defeated by PlayerName" should also appear.
  7. Look at the defeated NPC and press your normal interact key (default: "E")
  8. A special menu should appear, with multiple options. Acheron by default provides "Execute", "Rescue", "Plunder" and "Feed". This mod adds "Assault", with the same icon as this mod's image.
  9. Clicking "Assault" will begin the scene as long as the conditions above are met.

Assault option and menu:

Spoiler

Note there are 5 options. This mod adds the leftmost one.

Note the actor's name is "Defeated". They must have this name and be in this animation for the menu to appear.

20240321204839_1.thumb.jpg.8392bfa1506019504ceddc911209689a.jpg

Out of Combat Assault:

1. Assign a hotkey in the OSimpleAssault MCM
  2. Look at the actor you want to attempt to assault and press the hotkey you previously assigned
  3. A struggle QTE minigame should begin, thanks to Acheron Extension Library
  4. The difficulty is based off the level difference of you and the target. Weaker NPCs are easier to bring down. They are easier to bring down if they are asleep too.
  5. If successful, they will be brought to the defeated state. Their fate is then in your hands. If you fail, prepare for a fight or the guards...

Important notes - read thoroughly before downloading and after problems arising:

Spoiler

Usage of Acheron:

• This mod only adds an option to Acheron's Hunter's Pride menu. If the menu does not show, the defeat state is never reached or any other previously described behaviour, that is likely a problem with your installation of Acheron, not this mod.  Report that to the original mod page here. If a scene does not start when the added "Assault" option is clicked, then it is the fault of this mod, and that can be reported in this thread.

My testing and observations:

• This was tested working for me in Skyrim AE 1.6.1170, with OStim Standalone v7.3c and Acheron 1.4.4.5. Tested working on both levelled and unique actors. Not exactly recommended to assault unique actors due to the relationship hit, but other mods can be used to compensate and work your relationship back up.
  • This was tested working for me in Skyrim AE 1.6.640, with OStim Standalone v7.3c, Acheron 1.4.2.0 and Backported Extended ESL Support.
  • There should not be any nearby actors putting you in combat. I may need to update this mod to guarantee this - I will play with this in my own load order and will patch any issues I, and reports here, find.

Limits of OStim:

• Due to limitations by the OStim framework, there are a lack of aggressive animations.  Magink666 has made conversions of some of the more aggressive ones, but other animations, such as Billyys, FunnyBizness and Znaroks are yet to be fully ported, as far as I am aware.
  • Due to the OStim framework, if for any reason the actors in the scene enter combat at any time, the scene will end immediately, Annoying, but this is more immersive anyway.
  • Don't use with OProstitution NG for OStim Standalone v1.01, as that mod is currently broken and on most scenes ending you will be tipped over 1 million septim and reputation will be lost.

Other notes:

• This is my second non-patch mod ever. Please bear with me, I am still learning how to make Skyrim mods. Any feedback is welcome.

Credits:

I have a whole bunch of ideas to expand this mod, and the gameplay of this in general. Further updates will come... For now, an update to OSimpleDefeat is coming...

If you want your player character to be the one being assaulted instead, have a look at my other mod OSimpleDefeat, a new Defeat mod for OStim Standalone.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/19/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Acheron, Acheron Extension Library, OStim Standalone, SkyUI, PapyrusUtils
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by FxD2
1 hour ago, _angrboda said:

Does this not work with bandits since whenever they're in defeat mode there is still a red dot in the compass? And then what button do you press to activate it

Works with bandits during my testing, but if others report a similar issue I'll look further into it. If there are more than one bandit in the area they all need to be defeated so that they are considered out of combat. I recommend reading Acheron's Nexus page to better understand how Acheron works - link on the main page. Ensure you can bring up the Hunter's Pride menu on a defeated actor, and the option to assault should be there.

If you are still unable to get it working, try reinstalling Acheron itself, and report back here if you need any more help!

5 hours ago, _angrboda said:

Does this not work with bandits since whenever they're in defeat mode there is still a red dot in the compass? And then what button do you press to activate it

3 hours ago, FxD2 said:

Works with bandits during my testing, but if others report a similar issue I'll look further into it. If there are more than one bandit in the area they all need to be defeated so that they are considered out of combat. I recommend reading Acheron's Nexus page to better understand how Acheron works - link on the main page. Ensure you can bring up the Hunter's Pride menu on a defeated actor, and the option to assault should be there.

If you are still unable to get it working, try reinstalling Acheron itself, and report back here if you need any more help!

Main page updated to include full instructions to get this working. Ensure Acheron and OStim Standalone are working fully separately. This mod adds nothing besides an addon to Acheron, and requires both systems to be fully working to function.

Hello tested this with Skyrim AE 1.6.640, Ostim Standalone v7.3c and Acheron 1.4.2.0 for 1.6.640 and I don't think its working, the new icon wont show up on the defeated foes I can only see 4 default icons (tested on bandits)

And your other mod, OsimpleDefeat, I just get teleported somewhere random when defeated after black screen.

Are your mods not compatible with the Skyrim version 1.6.640?

Edited by manheaker
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, manheaker said:

Hello tested this with Skyrim AE 1.6.640, Ostim Standalone v7.3c and Acheron 1.4.2.0 for 1.6.640 and I don't think its working, the new icon wont show up on the defeated foes I can only see 4 default icons (tested on bandits)

And your other mod, OsimpleDefeat, I just get teleported somewhere random when defeated after black screen.

Are your mods not compatible with the Skyrim version 1.6.640?

I did not have a 1.6.640 Skyrim setup to test on, so I am unsure if it works on that version. I'm back home now, so I do now have access to an older install to test, and will report my findings later. For now, if you could answer a couple questions for me I could try working out what is wrong:

1. Was this tested on a new game? The loading is done on a silent quest that should trigger on a new game, maybe it doesn't trigger for a current game.
  2. Do you have a notification logger installed, such as NotificationLog or whatever 1.6.640 equivalent. Install one and check for the message "OSimpleAssault loaded!"
  3. The mod plugins were made with CK 2.0, so it is possible you might need Backported Extended ESL Support

For now, try starting a new game and checking for the log message, and then see if the option appears in the menu. Best of luck to you!

Edit: I set up and trialed a 1.6.640 setup, and I can confirm you need Backported Extended ESL Support. (At least, when I installed it, the mod worked as intended). I will update the page to include this. Thank you for raising this issue!

Edited by FxD2
Problem solved
12 hours ago, FxD2 said:

I did not have a 1.6.640 Skyrim setup to test on, so I am unsure if it works on that version. I'm back home now, so I do now have access to an older install to test, and will report my findings later. For now, if you could answer a couple questions for me I could try working out what is wrong:

1. Was this tested on a new game? The loading is done on a silent quest that should trigger on a new game, maybe it doesn't trigger for a current game.
  2. Do you have a notification logger installed, such as NotificationLog or whatever 1.6.640 equivalent. Install one and check for the message "OSimpleAssault loaded!"
  3. The mod plugins were made with CK 2.0, so it is possible you might need Backported Extended ESL Support

For now, try starting a new game and checking for the log message, and then see if the option appears in the menu. Best of luck to you!

Edit: I set up and trialed a 1.6.640 setup, and I can confirm you need Backported Extended ESL Support. (At least, when I installed it, the mod worked as intended). I will update the page to include this. Thank you for raising this issue!

Thank you for your support! I followed your direction and got it working (both mods) on the 1.6.640 build!

20 hours ago, manheaker said:

Thank you for your support! I followed your direction and got it working (both mods) on the 1.6.640 build!

No worries, enjoy! And thanks for reminding me that there are other versions of the game as well, haha.

On 3/24/2024 at 3:11 AM, manheaker said:

Hiya.  May I ask which version of Acheron did you use?  Because I already have BEES installed and I can't get these two add-ons for it working.

4 hours ago, Maxrevolver said:

Hiya.  May I ask which version of Acheron did you use?  Because I already have BEES installed and I can't get these two add-ons for it working.

For the 1.6.640 test I did? Acheron 1.4.2.0, labelled "1.6.640 version" on the Nexus. For versions earlier than 1.6.640, I have not tested so I don't really know.

Hi!
I also have a problem with red dots on bandits.
Even if you hide from their sight and wait, their hostility does not stop.
If you start the Ostim scene on your own on a defeated enemy, then CTD occurs

I tried this on a clean save and it doesn't work (only the 4 default Acheron options appear), I guess it will only work on a new save

Edit: Forget it, I'm stupid and I had only installed OSimpleDefeat and I didn't install OSimpleAssault lol

What is true is that the NPCs remain hostile after the scene ends.

Edited by Lucho Gaming
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Twomaxxx said:

Hi!
I also have a problem with red dots on bandits.
Even if you hide from their sight and wait, their hostility does not stop.
If you start the Ostim scene on your own on a defeated enemy, then CTD occurs

7 hours ago, Lucho Gaming said:

I tried this on a clean save and it doesn't work (only the 4 default Acheron options appear), I guess it will only work on a new save

Edit: Forget it, I'm stupid and I had only installed OSimpleDefeat and I didn't install OSimpleAssault lol

What is true is that the NPCs remain hostile after the scene ends.

The NPCs should be hostile when the scene ends, as they are restored to their original hostility. This should not cause any problems though, since if you were to assault them again, they should then become temporarily non-hostile again so the scene should start fine.

In the defeated state, the enemies should not be hostile towards you. This is processed by Acheron, so perhaps try reinstalling Acheron or updating this mod.

Bringing in other actors when OStim gives you the option to will cause CTD as those actors have not been processed by this mod, but other actors should not count towards combat . Which version of the mod are you guys using? Try updating to version 2.0.0, start a new save and try it again. It worked fine for me at Embershard Mine, first two bandits. I defeated both and was able to start two separate OStim scenes with each individually (multi-target assault is not a feature yet) without CTD - this is how the mod is designed to work. They did not appear as red dots on my compass either, so the problem is either the outdated version or your Acheron installation.

If the issue continues, I'll add the same enemy neutralisation code from my other mod OSimpleDefeat into this one too, which should guarantee enemies are not hostile/ out of combat.

Edited by FxD2
21 hours ago, FxD2 said:

The NPCs should be hostile when the scene ends, as they are restored to their original hostility. This should not cause any problems though, since if you were to assault them again, they should then become temporarily non-hostile again so the scene should start fine.

Oh I understand, I thought the point of the mod was that after the scene, the enemy would be pacified. I see that it is not. So actually the mod works correctly.

It's a shame, I would have liked to keep Alva or Fura alive for "fun" lol.

16 hours ago, Lucho Gaming said:

Oh I understand, I thought the point of the mod was that after the scene, the enemy would be pacified. I see that it is not. So actually the mod works correctly.

It's a shame, I would have liked to keep Alva or Fura alive for "fun" lol.

You can just leave them in the defeated state, or you could rescue them with a potion (although they would probably just start fighting you straight after anyway). There are other Acheron addons you could use, such as Acheron - The Market, which allows you to capture and release the defeated enemies anywhere you like, so you could keep them trapped in the basement or something... Acheron has plenty of options that integrate natively with this one, since it leaves them defeated after you assault them anyway.

I can't seem to get the out-of-combat option to work. Ostim on its own works, as does Acheron. I get the new option on activating a defeated foe and it leads directly to an Ostim scene. But the out-of-combat keybind inevitably leads to a "there was an error starting the struggle scene" notification and nothing else happens.

I did install all the listed prerequites (including the extension library and extended ESL support). Game v1.6.659 (GOG's initial release), latest Acheron and Ostim Standalone, if it helps.

EDIT: after a bit of digging (i.e., enabling the papyrus log and looking into the scripts to see what error messages to look for), it seems the issue is this:
[AEL] No struggle animation for actor [[Actor < (00000014)>]]

And looking into the nemesis warnings log there a couple related to the acheron extensions library, namely it does't like the tn flag in the human struggle animations (which looks correct, however). Using Pandora instead it doesn't complain about it but still doesn't work.

EDIT2: figured it out from the logs and a bit of guesswork. The Acheron Extension Library actually requires JContainers, but it isn't listed as a prerequisite (nor is it an explicit prerequisite for its requirements, as far as I can tell).

Edited by Antico
On 4/3/2024 at 9:17 AM, Antico said:

I can't seem to get the out-of-combat option to work. Ostim on its own works, as does Acheron. I get the new option on activating a defeated foe and it leads directly to an Ostim scene. But the out-of-combat keybind inevitably leads to a "there was an error starting the struggle scene" notification and nothing else happens.

I did install all the listed prerequites (including the extension library and extended ESL support). Game v1.6.659 (GOG's initial release), latest Acheron and Ostim Standalone, if it helps.

EDIT: after a bit of digging (i.e., enabling the papyrus log and looking into the scripts to see what error messages to look for), it seems the issue is this:
[AEL] No struggle animation for actor [[Actor < (00000014)>]]
tn flag in the human struggle animations (which looks correct, however). Using Pandora instead it doesn't complain about it but still doesn't wo
And looking into the nemesis warnings log there a couple related to the acheron extensions library, namely it does't like therk.

EDIT2: figured it out from the logs and a bit of guesswork. The Acheron Extension Library actually requires JContainers, but it isn't listed as a prerequisite (nor is it an explicit prerequisite for its requirements, as far as I can tell).

Glad you got it figured out, I'll include that into the list. It does seem that you are right, JContainers is not listed anywhere across the Acheron pages.

Hi!

I'm having an issue getting this mod to work. The new icon doesn't show up whether vs defeated bandits or vs out of combat npcs.

I'm using skyrim AE ver 1.6.1170. Running Acheron 1.4.4.6. Do I need to install OSimpleDefeat as well?

On 4/8/2024 at 5:42 AM, fleurra03 said:

Hi!

I'm having an issue getting this mod to work. The new icon doesn't show up whether vs defeated bandits or vs out of combat npcs.

I'm using skyrim AE ver 1.6.1170. Running Acheron 1.4.4.6. Do I need to install OSimpleDefeat as well?

You shouldn't need to, no. Do you have all the requirements listed installed?

On 4/10/2024 at 9:31 AM, ogtruepac said:

Works perfect, in the future, will be able to tie defeated?

I could add that, yes. I do believe that there are other Acheron addons that allow for that though, so maybe check out other Acheron addons. You should be able to select this mod's options, and then any other options as the enemies are restored to the original defeat state for other option choices to be selectable.

18 hours ago, FxD2 said:

You shouldn't need to, no. Do you have all the requirements listed installed?

I could add that, yes. I do believe that there are other Acheron addons that allow for that though, so maybe check out other Acheron addons. You should be able to select this mod's options, and then any other options as the enemies are restored to the original defeat state for other option choices to be selectable.

Yes I did. I actually fixed it by uninstalling OSimpleAssault and reinstalling it on a cleaned save.

Thank you for making this mod.