Interweaving Sex and Story/Quests - Skyrim

Daguy

Bumping this ol' girl because we are getting towards the ideas being relevant.

I had further thoughs, being (after the theme of A Dance with Rogues) that there could be another branch of Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests handled by custom NPCs.

The thieves guild is basically 'the' crime syndcate of Skyrim in general, and has its fingers in more pies than just petty and grand theft. What about the streetwalker side? Drug dealing? The grimier stuff. I find that if I take a level 1 character to Riften, they arn't always ready to steal and sneak, even if they are motivated to. Hell, if those arn't something your character wants to do, how about some 'new' random/repeatable quests to steal items in bandts camps and such? With special NPCs set to be able to catch you? Food for thought. At the very least the ideas would work well with slavery mods.

The dark brotherhood; not every character can fight well, and not every character can sneak, and few are the contracts that can be fulfilled by speech alone. However, a female character has certain tools at her disposal that could make some custom-marks/radient-quests only possible by someone willing to use their body to lull their target into a false sense of security... and exaustion.

Pretty interesting stuff I read here.

And I totally agree, that games should feel different based on what gender/race you are playing.

Playing a woman should make some things easier but all in all more dangerous in country/decade/world like skyrim.

On the other hand man can seduce woman as well of course. The biggest problem would be to give already existing and/or new characters some depth.

I want to play the same questlines as a man and as a woman and have different experiences or even outcomes. This bugged me about Mass Effect as well.

Okay I think the Reapers wouldn't give a fuck if you play a Maleshep or a Femshep but NPC's in a bar or in the slums should react totally different imo.

I do remember a scene where my Femshep was in that bar in the first game and had to talk to that creepy Ex-Security-dude. At least he had a different first line when you played a female. As far as I remember he invited her to sit on his lap. And there were three optiones. 1)'No' 2)'No' and 3)'No'.

So my Question is: Why? Saying yes and trying to talk him in to anything could be way easier like that. But no Shepard has to be the shining Hero even if you play her 'bad'. Not cool, totally not cool.

Well enough talk bout a different game. I think you know what I was trying to say.

Archived