Why is Skyrim - Voices Extra.BSA missing?

CGi

As i received alot of questions regarding the Voices Extra BSA from Skyrim, which is missing in the german version, here the simple exlanation:

it's simply not available for the german version of Skyrim, as it covers the missing Esbern voices for the english version (and maybe others too).

So if TES5Edit reports, it's missing, just ignore this message, if you play the german version of Skyrim.

i hope this clears up the confusion.

You might have some corrupted files.

- Go to Steam

- Right click Skyrim

- Select Properties

- Select Local Files tab

- Select Verify the integrity of the Game Cache.

Actually what the poster stated is that the bsa is only missing if you are using the English version and not the German version because these voices are already included in the regular voices.bsa file. So it is NOT a case of missing/corrupted files.

@Ark of Truth: Oh, i did and then i asked Bethsoft and they simply told me, what i wrote in the OP.

Wouldn't have made this statement if i wouldn't know for sure, if what i wrote is true.

@DigitalVixen: Almost true, but it's missing aka not needed in the german version, not the english one.

Setting my game to english, installs this file.

Maybe another point you should add to your nice tutorial? ^^

Archived