My log is showing:

[2024-03-11 07:03:01.133] [info] [24712] [ModernOverrideInterface.h:168] Start
[2024-03-11 07:03:01.133] [info] [24712] [ModernOverrideInterface.h:170] Stop

1000's of times with the same timecode and then thousands of times

[2024-03-11 07:03:01.132] [info] [24712] [ModernOverrideInterface.h:168] Start
[2024-03-11 07:03:01.132] [info] [24712] [ModernOverrideInterface.h:170] Stop

before that.

That interface is start stopping at a far to high frequency.

5 hours ago, Enlightnd said:

My log is showing:

before that.

I just looked at my log out of curiousity, it's happening in mine too.

SE 1.5.97, Fast Tats 0.1.12

OverlayManager.log

10 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Read earlier posts before making one.

If it's that important, why not update the description with it ? There will soon be 10+ pages on this topic.

BTW, nice mod. Thanks and kudos

Edited by D4ndrone
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Enlightnd said:

My log is showing:

before that.

1 hour ago, CheddarTrauma said:

I just looked at my log out of curiousity, it's happening in mine too.

SE 1.5.97, Fast Tats 0.1.12

OverlayManager.log 176.95 kB · 1 download

This was debugging output to diagnose crashes. It'll be removed (likely in the next update).

33 minutes ago, D4ndrone said:

If it's that important, why not update the description with it ? There will soon be 10+ pages on this topic.

BTW, nice mod. Thanks and kudos

I generally avoid making changes to the description when I don't have a new release. It sends out a notification and moves the file to the top of the downloads section.

Edited by ponzipyramid
On 3/10/2024 at 4:38 AM, ponzipyramid said:

0.1.12 should wrap up most of the remaining CTD/incompatibility issues pending confirmation from GOG users.

i tested with 0.1.12 and it fixed all of my CTD issues :)

How much faster is this compared to base slavetats?
Mine takes almost a minute I guess to load the MCM due to number of tats.
Would it also have an effect on other tats mods like rapetats/fadetats etc?

2 hours ago, myrrdhin said:

How much faster is this compared to base slavetats?

For mods that call the SlaveTats API to apply tattoos, such as SLUTS Resume and Public Whore, tattoo application with Fast Tats is instantaneous, versus taking several seconds with base SlaveTats.

10 hours ago, Herowynne said:

For mods that call the SlaveTats API to apply tattoos, such as SLUTS Resume and Public Whore, tattoo application with Fast Tats is instantaneous, versus taking several seconds with base SlaveTats.

thanks

So i found Fast Tats doesn't work with the Equippable Stockings mod, which i suppose makes sense. A the mod was made for LE and it just so happens it still works for SE and B. i'm on 1.597 version of Skyrim, which means there's a multitude of interactions as to what could be breaking it, however since this mods is literally the only reason i use slave tats could you look into the issue please?  I know i can just add the stockings overlay directly through either race menu or slave tats, but this creates an equipped item you can remove and add on a whim which is both more immersive and less cumbersome.

Edited by hickups
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kjergaard said:

this mod causes my game to be completely black when reloading any save

Can't do anything without a log.

7 hours ago, hickups said:

So i found Fast Tats doesn't work with the Equippable Stockings mod, which i suppose makes sense. A the mod was made for LE and it just so happens it still works for SE and B. i'm on 1.597 version of Skyrim, which means there's a multitude of interactions as to what could be breaking it, however since this mods is literally the only reason i use slave tats could you look into the issue please?  I know i can just add the stockings overlay directly through either race menu or slave tats, but this creates an equipped item you can remove and add on a whim which is both more immersive and less cumbersome.

I'll take a look. What's happening now, they just aren't applying? And are you using it in conjunction with YPS?

Edited by ponzipyramid
8 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I'll take a look. What's happening now, they just aren't applying? And are you using it in conjunction with YPS?

No I'm not using YPS just equipable stockings by themselves{ YPS does way more game wise than i want} and yes they aren't applying at all, they work only if i force equip the overlay through the Slavetats MCM and oddly enough while this works with body overlay it doesn't work with the feet, they however work perfectly with the original Slavetats

Edited by hickups
On 3/14/2024 at 7:31 PM, ponzipyramid said:

slight problem there, the game is NOT crashing so all the different loggers I have tried can not make a log

all that is happening is I can load in without any issues upon starting the game, but when I reload a save/die and the last save is reloaded all I see is black (or grey as of 10 minutes ago)

I can pause the game and see the menu, I can look in my inventory and all that, I can also hear myself moving around and if I'm near a door/cave entrance I can enter it and I can see again

I was having an issue where I could equip tattoos on myself, but they would not show up on any of my followers. After a little bit of troubleshooting - including even checking Nether's Follower Framework's outfit options - I have narrowed it down to Fast Tats. Curious whether others are encountering the same problem. 

works perfectly.
The only problem i had was when i was applying textures that also had racemenu support.  it would show as external but I just deleted the esp for their racemenu support and it fixed itself.

12 hours ago, NSFW_COBRA said:

I was having an issue where I could equip tattoos on myself, but they would not show up on any of my followers. After a little bit of troubleshooting - including even checking Nether's Follower Framework's outfit options - I have narrowed it down to Fast Tats. Curious whether others are encountering the same problem. 

I have had the same experience. I had just re-installed Buxom Wench Yuriana to try out some of the tattoos made for that mod only for none of them to work.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:17 PM, kjergaard said:

slight problem there, the game is NOT crashing so all the different loggers I have tried can not make a log

all that is happening is I can load in without any issues upon starting the game, but when I reload a save/die and the last save is reloaded all I see is black (or grey as of 10 minutes ago)

I can pause the game and see the menu, I can look in my inventory and all that, I can also hear myself moving around and if I'm near a door/cave entrance I can enter it and I can see again

Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/OverlayManager.log should still be generated if you are able to load in.

13 hours ago, NSFW_COBRA said:

32 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I have had the same experience. I had just re-installed Buxom Wench Yuriana to try out some of the tattoos made for that mod only for none of them to work.

Can either of you provide the same log above from an attempt like this?

56 minutes ago, Raphi3L said:

works perfectly.
The only problem i had was when i was applying textures that also had racemenu support.  it would show as external but I just deleted the esp for their racemenu support and it fixed itself.

Which pack did you try?

6 minutes ago, DeadSoldierBoy said:

Is anyone else having issues, where this mod causes saving (quick or normal)  to take way longer than usual, and if so is there any way to stop that? Playing on 1.5.97

Can you post a log, need to double check if it's persisting too much actor data.

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 2:10 PM, DeadSoldierBoy said:

I think Racemenu isn't cleaning up its saves. There's a fix on OM side but for now, you can try disabling Racemenu and Fast Tats. Save once, quit, enable Racemenu, then load back in and save. I don't recommend using FT in an actual game until the next version.

Edited by ponzipyramid
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 2:41 PM, ponzipyramid said:

I think Racemenu isn't cleaning up its saves. There's a fix on OM side but for now, you can try disabling Racemenu and Fast Tats. Save once, quit, enable Racemenu, then load back in and save. I don't recommend using FT in an actual game until the next version.

I am gonna try to confirm this today - I am experiencing the same thing they are - progressively longer and longer saves on 1.5.97. I hope its the reason for it, cause it gets out of hand fast and its hard to commit to actually play the game when its doing that, but I also kind of hope this isn't the issue cause fast tats is SO GOOD. (but I can wait till prime time :) )

Edit: Confirmed - I think racemenu might be storing NPC data - using alternate start, saves start being near instant, then i get to riverwood and it jumps to a couple seconds, whiterun jumps to like 6 seconds, but generally when adventuring it doesn't go up much. once i hit ivarstead its like 10 seconds on a m.2 nvme drive. At least I know the issue now and can finally play!

Edited by thor3222

Hello.  If you're willing to broaden your scope beyond pure performance changes, @DuskWanderer made a small patch to SlaveTats that removes the notification spam here: 

It would be great to either incorporate that into the mod, or put it behind an MCM option (since it can be useful for debugging and this is an alpha after all), or even just put it behind a global variable we could manually set to disable the spam.

Thanks!

Hi getting a consistent(ish) crash that my crash logger seems to be pointing at this OverlayManager.dll  I've crashed several times in the same scene where PC is getting multiple dirt overlay, cum overlay, spank overlay and slave tats applied.  Attaching Overlay Manager Log and Crash Log if they are helpful.  I don't really know what I'm looking at with these logs, but it seems like the overlay manager says the overlays are failing because they couldn't find a slot? it that a possibility?  Any advise on how to proceed?  I'm just planning on turning it off and turning it on again as this point.  thanks!

OverlayManager.log

crash-2024-04-15-06-35-36.log