Can I get some help setting up Skyrim after the new update?

I'm not asking for an AIO or for someone to give me a mod pack. I've been trying to downgrade back to the previous version of skyrim, but I've never used a downgrader before and now I'm running into all sorts of issues. I wouldn't normally ask here but I seem to be stuck.

I'm not trying to run anything crazy at the moment, I was just testing with USSEP and Live another Life to see if it worked with both the current update and the previous versions, but both didn't start me in the Live another Life prison.

I've also tried installing modpacks with Wabbajack but that didn't want to work well for me since I don't have Nexus Premium.

If anyone can just give me a thorough explanation on how to get things back to how they were, that'd help substantially.

If it's easier to talk on discord or something I'm free for that as well.

8 minutes ago, kebo1199 said:

I'm not asking for an AIO or for someone to give me a mod pack. I've been trying to downgrade back to the previous version of skyrim, but I've never used a downgrader before and now I'm running into all sorts of issues. I wouldn't normally ask here but I seem to be stuck.

I'm not trying to run anything crazy at the moment, I was just testing with USSEP and Live another Life to see if it worked with both the current update and the previous versions, but both didn't start me in the Live another Life prison.

I've also tried installing modpacks with Wabbajack but that didn't want to work well for me since I don't have Nexus Premium.

If anyone can just give me a thorough explanation on how to get things back to how they were, that'd help substantially.

If it's easier to talk on discord or something I'm free for that as well.

To downgrade Skyrim do as fallow:

type into your web browser:
    steam://nav/console

once steam command opens type this in one at the time

download_depot 489830 489831 3660787314279169352
download_depot 489830 489832 2756691988703496654
download_depot 489830 489833 5291801952219815735

look where it was downloaded into and copy the content of the downloaded files into your Skyrim folder

EDIT: this instructions are for SE/AE versions NOT for LE (original) version

Edited by Dodzh
5 hours ago, Dodzh said:

To downgrade Skyrim do as fallow:

type into your web browser:
    steam://nav/console

once steam command opens type this in one at the time

download_depot 489830 489831 3660787314279169352
download_depot 489830 489832 2756691988703496654
download_depot 489830 489833 5291801952219815735

look where it was downloaded into and copy the content of the downloaded files into your Skyrim folder

EDIT: this instructions are for SE/AE versions NOT for LE (original) version

I tried this but it didn't seem to work, do you launch skyrim first to get your ini files, DL the AE stuff then downgrade? Or just get the ini set up from the launcher and skip downloading the AE stuff?

6 hours ago, kebo1199 said:

I tried this but it didn't seem to work, do you launch skyrim first to get your ini files, DL the AE stuff then downgrade? Or just get the ini set up from the launcher and skip downloading the AE stuff?

those instructions only work to downgrade an existing SE/AE version 1.6.1130 to 1.6.640, only in case you updated Skyrim and want to downgrade for all your mods to work before the upgrade. if that was your case then simply fallow those instructions sept by step and works.  

if you however want to keep (1.6.1130) most recent at the moment, most major mods have already updated to 1.6.1130 but not all, it will be a process of updating all your mods, this however requires quit a lot of work depending on the mods you have installed, keep in mind just because you are not getting errors dont mean all mods are working. if you are going to do this make sure you read all mods and their dependencies instructions as well as user discussions as often very good information is posted there also. 

this a good place to start in case you are staying at the lasted version and want to know what's working and what's not:

Edited by Dodzh

if USSEP and ASLAL don't allow a new game to start in the quiet prison cell, something more fundamental is having an issue

USSEP has two versions, v4.3.0 for skyrim AE 1.6.1130, and v4.2.9a for Skyrim AE 1.6.640. If you've downgraded to 1.6.640, then make certain you have 4.2.9a

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files

Alternate start has two version, v4.2.1 updated december 2023, so likely AE 1.6.1130 and USSEP 4.3.0, and v4.2.0 for Skyrim 1.6.640 and USSEP 4.2.9a.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=files

so the caution is that with a downgraded skyrim, you may have to start looking at archive versions of mods. Avoid files with a date after mid november 2023 

Okay so I got a lot of mods working, required a lot of messing with .dlls and such. I got all the mods I wanted from Nexus, and now I'm grabbing the ones from Loverslab that I wanted. I'm only running into an Issue with SOS it seems