• 2 weeks later...

maybe this can help?

Skyrim.ini:

[Audio]

uMaxSizeForCachedSound=8192

The default value is 262144 ( normally a hidden setting, it does not go in the ini by default ).

Too much cache brings out a game engine bug = sounds are repeated for different items when they should be playing a different sound, lowering the cache limit to 8mb makes the game refresh the cache more often, preventing repeated sounds for different sound events. Picking up a gold coin for example plays the generic pickup sound. Picking up a second gold coin plays the right sound, and this will last until you leave the area or switch to picking up other things. This tweak solves the problem.

I got this info from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52462/?

Wow I hope that solves the issue, I'll try it out once I'm done with work, I appreciate it! :)

Working for anyone? Doesn't seem to work for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, sounds a good mod.

However when I "activate" mod in Nexus Mod Manager it says;

"A different version of Sexlab - Defeat has been detected. The installed version is 5.1.0, The new version is 1.7.1. Would you like to upgrade? Selecting No will install the new mod normally."

Does this mean it is incompatible with Defeat? Not sure what is happening.

I have not installed Sound FX Replacer because I don;t want to mess up my install.

But if this is normal? I assume I press No then?

Thanks

Hi, sounds a good mod.

However when I "activate" mod in Nexus Mod Manager it says;

"A different version of Sexlab - Defeat has been detected. The installed version is 5.1.0, The new version is 1.7.1. Would you like to upgrade? Selecting No will install the new mod normally."

Does this mean it is incompatible with Defeat? Not sure what is happening.

I have not installed Sound FX Replacer because I don;t want to mess up my install.

But if this is normal? I assume I press No then?

Thanks

It's something wrong with the latest version of Defeat so might be worthwhile mentioning it in that thread. I still use the older version of Defeat (v5b3.3fixed) which I find more stable which installs without this notice appearing.

When I was testing Defeat v5.1.0 I didn't notice any problems with this mod.

This has nothing to do with the stability/instability of the latest Defeat.  This alert happens with the older version (v5b3.3) of defeat as well (for me anyway).  NMM is designed to use the id's provided by Nexus for their mods.  These mods are don't have a nexus id, so NMM uses some other mechanism for determining the id (not sure if date related, something in the fomod installer, etc).  Somehow both of these end up with the same Nexus "id" (whatever it is).  It's not a real issue, just say "NO" on the update, and it will install normally.

Just to note, you normally won't see this issue when using ModOrganizer.

This has nothing to do with the stability/instability of the latest Defeat.  This alert happens with the older version (v5b3.3) of defeat as well (for me anyway).  NMM is designed to use the id's provided by Nexus for their mods.  These mods are don't have a nexus id, so NMM uses some other mechanism for determining the id (not sure if date related, something in the fomod installer, etc).  Somehow both of these end up with the same Nexus "id" (whatever it is).  It's not a real issue, just say "NO" on the update, and it will install normally.

Just to note, you normally won't see this issue when using ModOrganizer.

Odd you get it with v5b3.3, I never saw this until v5.02 when Goubo added the FOMOD installer. Just to clarify, I mentioned the stability issue as an aside, clearly the ingame mod behaviour would not affect how it installs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this mod, but don't care for the cum sound fx. Is there a way I could remove that file before installing?

You can always remove sound files from the package. However if they have corresponding Sound Descriptors those will then point to non existing files. When these Sound Descriptors overwrite SexLab sounds then there will be no sounds at all. So the corresponding Sound Descriptors should then be also deleted with TES5Edit or CK.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

out of curiousity, do these need to be renamed to match the vanilla sexlab noises? or do they overlap

I'm wondering this too. Or do they just add more for variety on top of default sounds?

From what I've found, they overwrite SL's vanilla sounds *and* add more. 

I'm wondering, is there a way I could make these louder again, say using Audacity or something? I'm also using AOS and Immersive Sounds which means that sometimes the SFX get drowned out, plus I want a couple of them to just be louder generally. But the closest I've ever gotten to audio editing is cutting bits out of songs to use as alert tones on my phone, so I don't really know how to do it.

• 2 months later...

First off, great FX, unfortunately I've run aground with an issue.  During 3p defeats, with both oral an thrust animations happening at the same time, I'm only getting the audio for oral FX.  I've tried resetting the registries for both voice + expression (if the latter one even does anything for FX?)

In regards to naming of sound files in the folders, do they have to follow the same naming scheme?
Is there a limit on how many audio files will actively get used by SL from each folder?
Is there a way to have 2 differing audio cum effects happening at the same time for spit roast or during 3p/4p sequences?  

• 3 weeks later...

First off, great FX, unfortunately I've run aground with an issue.  During 3p defeats, with both oral an thrust animations happening at the same time, I'm only getting the audio for oral FX.  I've tried resetting the registries for both voice + expression (if the latter one even does anything for FX?)

In regards to naming of sound files in the folders, do they have to follow the same naming scheme?

Is there a limit on how many audio files will actively get used by SL from each folder?

Is there a way to have 2 differing audio cum effects happening at the same time for spit roast or during 3p/4p sequences?  

hey i'm having the same problem. did you happen to merge it with the latest wyre bash version? the last version only deactivated 3 plugins for me, the new wyre bash deactivated at least 10, including sexlab fx replacer esp. I immediately noticed there was something going on with the audio, it just repeats one or two of the effects. my guess is that's what is causing it, since it was working fine for me prior to this playthrough.