Anyone know of any good active chat rooms?

Pwishy

I'd like to find like-minded fans of some of my favourite games, maybe talk in a little adult oriented theme about them. 

Ive tried searching, but most of the ones I've came across are either dead (like 99% of them).

Can anyone please recommend? :)

Guest carywinton

Most of the chat rooms or 3D chat places are usually not very game focused, I looked around for a while for a similar place and had little success as well. I plan on setting one up on my servers here at my datacenter eventually with other supportive type aspects. I just have not found a decent chat program that can handle it. Only place I know of that might still have some folks like this is IMVU.com, but the graphics and such are rather dated. If I find anything I will be sure to let you know and I will mark this thread and follow it's progress.

I wish I could be of further help to you, when I get something going here, I will be sure to update it and it's availability on this thread. :D

Most of the chat rooms or 3D chat places are usually not very game focused, I looked around for a while for a similar place and had little success as well. I plan on setting one up on my servers here at my datacenter eventually with other supportive type aspects. I just have not found a decent chat program that can handle it. Only place I know of that might still have some folks like this is IMVU.com, but the graphics and such are rather dated. If I find anything I will be sure to let you know and I will mark this thread and follow it's progress.

I wish I could be of further help to you, when I get something going here, I will be sure to update it and it's availability on this thread. :D

Hah, I'd very much appreciate that, thank you.

It'd be cool if you decide on using browser based chat programs instead, most of the ones I have to install like Icechat don't work for me for some reason :(.

You could try over at FP (Futanari Palace), don't know how much game oriented they are though. One thing to note though, it's being quite slow on activity.

I'll give it a shot, thank you!

It's a little sad, going around anime chat rooms asking people (who aren't idling, anyways) if they've played this or that game to no avail.

I've made a thread here in LL ages ago too but apparently not many share my fan-interest! Or maybe there isn't much traffic in the Other Games subforum... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carywinton

I have looked at numerous chat programs and I am not sure how well a standard text based one would go over in this very graphics oriented (eye candy) world we have now. The programs that have nice flashy interfaces and such are very pricey, so if you run across any that might look good and are "Free" or inexpensive, just let me know and I will see about getting one up and going.

• 2 weeks later...

We could try and set-up a Loverslab IRC server or channel. I use IRC often; there are many different clients, both paid-for, freeware, and open source and with an availability of countless servers to make a channel/join into a channel. There are also many web interfaces for those too lazy to look up a good desktop/mobile client.

I tried accessing mIRC but the old channels I used to visit weren't there any more and all I could get were room with people just idling.  Are there better programs for accessing IRC, even those that aren't censored?

I tried accessing mIRC but the old channels I used to visit weren't there any more and all I could get were room with people just idling.  Are there better programs for accessing IRC, even those that aren't censored?

There are many different IRC clients to access to IRC servers. I personally prefer mIRC on Windows, and XChat IRC on Xubuntu. I will proceed to create a channel on a server and share the information asap so we can get started. Although, you shouldn't expect a jump of activity at the start.

I have created the channel for LoversLab on Freenode, for information check the thread here; http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23166-loverslab-irc-chatroom/?p=579347

Archived