okay much easier issue, about sound..

nafeasonto

You guys are so friggan' awesome because of your step instructions and patience with me it helped me figure out my weird 0.1 fps issue.  Thanks a lot guys!!

Now just one thing, how do i get Skyrim to output in surround?  I play on my 55" LED TV with the computer hooked up with an Optical Cable to my receiver. 

Some games see this and output the digital sound and let the surround go though.  It seems Skyrim is not doing this.  When my receiver detects the 5.1 signal, the output mode gets locked to the correct mode for the sound.

With Skyrim it's not detecting that and staying in 6 ch stereo, meaning it's not detecting a surround signal.

Is there something I have to change int eh Skyrim settings for this to happen?

i guess, Skyrim does use a multi-channel format, that can not be transfered thru optical cables, so your soundcard downmixed this signal.
Those cables seem to be the ultimate solution, but f.e. EAX can't go thru it, due to it's low bandwidth, so you need to use coxial digital output or direct multi-channel output.
As i hooked up my amplifier using the multi-output and input, i get Skyrim in full 7.1 ... where 2 channels are delayed clones, made by the amplifier.

My amplifier does nt show dolby or any other mode, as i didn't setup my soundcard this way, so it's the pure untransformed audio output.

Confirmation is shown in the speaker grid, where 5.1 are all enabled ... hence the cloning for the 2 other channels, as i setup my amp to output in 7.1.

Beside that: As you fiddled around with your soundcard setting in your last posts, re-check the settings, to ensure it's still set to 5.1.

i guess, Skyrim does use a multi-channel format, that can not be transfered thru optical cables, so your soundcard downmixed this signal.

Those cables seem to be the ultimate solution, but f.e. EAX can't go thru it, due to it's low bandwidth, so you need to use coxial digital output or direct multi-channel output.

As i hooked up my amplifier using the multi-output ind input, i ge Skyrim in full 7.1 ... where 2 channels are delayed clones, made by the amplifier.

Beside that: As you fiddled around with your soundcard setting in your last posts, re-check the settings, to ensure it's still set to 5.1.

That was only for this Headphones on the Analog input.  But i doubled checked anyway :)

Set your soundcard output format to 16bits@48KHz. 24bits and/or 96KHz may not work with your soundcard, especially if it's onboard.

I have to set it to 44.1 KhZ then my Reciever accepts it.  God it sounds so great!  Hearing the dragon fly behind you. Ugh awesome.

Archived