Shadow of the tomb raider modding (2023)

@Roko-2

Not at all.
You can import the game files into Blender and then export the scene as FBX.
This FBX can then be imported into 3ds MAX.
When the freelancer is finished editing he simply has to export again as FBX and import this edited FBX into Blender and then export it as a mod file using Blender Modding Add-On.

BTW, I finally had time to work on my mod.
My full body skeleton is almost finished.
I just have to test what beautiful (hideous?) thing I have actually created.

lara_skel.jpg

18 hours ago, beelzebub2063 said:

@Roko-2

Not at all.
You can import the game files into Blender and then export the scene as FBX.
This FBX can then be imported into 3ds MAX.
When the freelancer is finished editing he simply has to export again as FBX and import this edited FBX into Blender and then export it as a mod file using Blender Modding Add-On.

BTW, I finally had time to work on my mod.
My full body skeleton is almost finished.
I just have to test what beautiful (hideous?) thing I have actually created.

lara_skel.jpg

Cool. Thanks alot for taking time to explain.

Well i do believe your supposed to release a free version according to the rules.  Otherwise it is advertisement. I would have to check. Yes it is.

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content. 

Rule 1 is don't be a Jerk,  but if a modder thinks the rules don't apply to them, they are breaking 2 rules,  1 and the no advertisement rule.

Edited by DeathBringer0xL
17 minutes ago, Albertros said:

@DeathBringer0xL Dude, the free version (including full nude shaved + unshaved) is on nexus as stated above. You can download it right now. Sooo...

Shadow of the Nude Raider at Shadow of the Tomb Raider Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Hi, hope Im not disturbing you. Is the Jungle head the default head of Lara for the game? It's the only I could find as the other head model which I assumed was the base imported nothing.

Edited by evamay222
36 minutes ago, DeathBringer0xL said:

Well i do believe your supposed to release a free version according to the rules.  Otherwise it is advertisement. I would have to check. Yes it is.

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content. 

Rule 1 is don't be a Jerk,  but if a modder thinks the rules don't apply to them, they are breaking 2 rules,  1 and the no advertisement rule.

Well good news is rule 1 doesn't apply to Albertros. They have done more than fair share, and given a base body for free. Even kind of enough to share tips and help others with questions.

6 hours ago, evamay222 said:

Hi, hope Im not disturbing you. Is the Jungle head the default head of Lara for the game? It's the only I could find as the other head model which I assumed was the base imported nothing.

Yes, the game is reusing the same head for all of laras newisch appearance. The survivor skin uses a different head. The tools will hopefully at some point support "real" skeleton merging. Than modding each outfit to use a unique head would become possible. Until then we are a little limited.

Edited by Albertros
5 hours ago, Albertros said:

Yes, the game is reusing the same head for all of laras newisch appearance. The survivor skin uses a different head. The tools will hopefully at some point support "real" skeleton merging. Than modding each outfit to use a unique head would become possible. Until then we are a little limited.

Digging through the outfits, I didn't realize just how many separate parts were used. The very beginning part alone uses 2 different outfits for a single cut-scene.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:05 AM, Albertros said:

All my current outfits: Full nude and Holster version are available on nexus. Paititi outfits are patreon exclusive.

image.jpeg.da395ac808e194b2add145e11a852330.jpeg

Awesome work on this mod! The one for 2013 was also really well done. I know there are mods out there for Rise already, but do you think you might try to port this one to Rise as well?

10 hours ago, ClumsyOtter said:

Awesome work on this mod! The one for 2013 was also really well done. I know there are mods out there for Rise already, but do you think you might try to port this one to Rise as well?

Thank you. Yes, I actually do want to make a mod for Rise at some point :)
There is a little more I want to add to the Shadow Mod. Like jiggle and more outfits

Spoiler

image.jpeg.047225735c4d51926f012816bf2ded8b.jpeg

Edited by Albertros
On 2/16/2024 at 9:02 AM, Albertros said:

Thank you. Yes, I actually do want to make a mod for Rise at some point :)
There is a little more I want to add to the Shadow Mod. Like jiggle and more outfits

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.047225735c4d51926f012816bf2ded8b.jpeg

Hi, is there a base body to work with included in the game files? Or it's just all  clothes?

@vaze234

Yes and no.
The Blue Heron Tunic Outfit is the only one that has torso and leg meshes under the clothing.
The arms can be taken from the standard outfit (in the game files it is called Tactical) and the head (including the neck and part of the chest) is only available once and, if I understand correctly, is used for all outfits.
As far as I know, there is no whole body.

2 hours ago, beelzebub2063 said:

@vaze234

Yes and no.
The Blue Heron Tunic Outfit is the only one that has torso and leg meshes under the clothing.
The arms can be taken from the standard outfit (in the game files it is called Tactical) and the head (including the neck and part of the chest) is only available once and, if I understand correctly, is used for all outfits.

That is correct, there is no full body and the head is shared for all other than the classic. For now this is the biggest limitation because there is no way to have unique heads per outfit. I try desperatly to overcome this limitation however by creating a true merged skeleton, but it's problematic as the exporter does split and overwrites several skeletons. Somehow it is supposed to be able to export such a full skeleton. But I have tried for days and havn't figured it out yet.  

Edited by Albertros
20 minutes ago, Albertros said:

I try desperatly to overcome this limitation however by creating a true merged skeleton, but it's problematic as the exporter does split and overwrites several skeletons. Somehow it is supposed to be able to export such a full skeleton. But I have tried for days and havn't figured it out yet.  

Which Exporter Version do you use?

Mine is 1.2.5

2 hours ago, beelzebub2063 said:

@vaze234

Yes and no.

Thank you. If you can answer, under what name is the blue heron tunic?