There is clean and clear laws on getting info from anybody or any organization. They don't need to resort to the level of violation of privacy that they are. They are becoming what they fear the most a totalitarian government. Most exploited of the USA's system to the benefit of terrorism is due to poor management and communication of the info that they can freely get or obtain by proper warrants.

"and the use of malware to monitor computer networks by the U.S. agency."

There are two sides to this and I am not sure what you are stating.. Are you stating that the U.S. is making the mailware? or using systems that are already affected the same way as hackers are using the infected computers. If it is the first that is extremely illegal even if done by the government. Especially evil considering that they are usually the ones privileged with the info of exploitable systems before it even becomes public. or patched.

Kind of makes me want to use LFS Yea that won't protect me completely but mostly considering that it is customized code and can be changed around to a point that someone really has to be trying to hack me to get any info. That and some info that someone that I know can give me... should pretty much prevent anybody from remotely accessing my info or exploiting any computer I have. They would have to access the computer personally and even then they would need a supercomputer to crack the encryption.

I am generally open and don't really care if someone has access to my IP info where I was what I was doing hell even read my emails. Boring compelty boring and just like the massive amount of info that is on the net. Useless dribble. I haven't done anything wrong, embarrassing maybe but not wrong. Nothing that the NSA would care about. FBI either.

But the continuing tightening and stupid use of their accesses are starting to really piss me off. They have the tools at their hand to do their job without accessing or violation of our civil rights. If I wanted to be violated I would move to country that don't respect the rights of their citizens.

The following quote best sums this up

Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

yes malware crap. i read in the Netherlands that some hacker jerk manage to do the very same thing that NSA can take over mobile and watch you in your in your camera etc.. but they arrested this jerk. i hope he get's locked away and the key thrown out the garbage.

Anyway NSA is capable of hacking any type of mobile phone. So the encryption needs to be reinvented by neutral parties. That say fuck you too governments. And make it so not even them can break in anymore. So no more back doors. Locked is locked. It just a matter of time before real criminals will exploit what NSA been doing then we can no longer use the internet at all.

At the remembering of Mandela they where scandalizing the president of South Africa Zuma but where applauding for Obama do they even know what this jerk has brought to this world ?? idiots..

• 2 weeks later...

The LoversLab Times

target-ap-328.jpg

Target has recently been hacked. Millions of credit card numbers, along with there expiration dates, and 3-digit pins, have been illegally used to make purchases.

Companies claim it is too expensive to increase security, but global credit and debit card fraud reached $11.27 billion last year.

40 million + accounts are at risk. Hacking seems to become more and more popular each year. Without security measures being improved due to cost, we can expect another crisis sometime soon, if the pattern holds. Something must be done, says this reporter.

CNN Money offers advice. Be careful. This reporter recommends using cash for as many purchases as possible.

Reporting Live, from LoversLab...I'm AwfulArchdemon

• 2 months later...

The LoversLab Times

News
  • 6 March 2014 16:40:26
    Be careful: Trojans masquerading as popular executables
    posted by Dark0neSite News
    This is a heads up announcement to please, for the love of all that is good, always keep your wits about you when downloading from here or anywhere on the internet.

There is currently an individual who is placing trojans within well known pieces of Skyrim software, such as the Skyrim Character Editor and even Skyrim Mod Organizer, and then uploading them as new files here on Skyrim Nexus (note, the original files here and here are NOT compromised, this user is uploading new files to the site masquerading as these files). This trojan has code within it that will retrieve any passwords you have stored in your browser and send them to the script kiddy's email address. The script kiddy is then using the details he has stolen from users "unlucky" enough to be exploited in this way, logging in to their accounts here on the Nexus and then uploading another trojan via the same method.

If you believe you may have fallen for this exploit then ALL the passwords you have stored in your browser have been compromised. You should change your passwords immediately for any and all sites you use, and change your passwords on any sites where you have used the same password, even if you don't have that site's login stored.

If you stick to common sense practises while browsing the internet then this will not be a problem for you at all. Things you should always be suspicious of or do:

• Files with comments disabled that have only been uploaded in the past day
    • Elaborate and complex files uploaded by new users or users who have previously not uploaded a single file or made a single comment on the sites
    • Software that has absolutely no business using your internet connection trying to make a connection to the internet
    • Executable files, or files containing .DLL libraries unless you are absolutely sure it can be trusted.
    • Always, always run a virus scan on any files you download from this or any site you download from
    • If in doubt, don't download or open the file and wait to see what other more experienced users are reporting

I sympathise with the people who have been caught by this, but you got caught by this because you aren't using your common sense. Please, for your sake, keep your wits about you and don't let your guard down when downloading files on the internet.

If you don't have a firewall, or if your firewall does not warn you when new, unrecognised and untrusted software is trying to connect to the internet please follow these steps:

1. Find your router
    2. Rip your router away from any connected cables
    3. Open the nearest window
    4. Throw your router out of it
    5. Close the window

Honestly, get a firewall, install it, and understand how it works. Without one it's very possible your system is a drone in a botnet and likely a part of the perpetual problem of the internet that is DDoS'ing, something that we're no stranger to here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AwfulArchdemon here, reporting LIVE...from LoversLab

A site we are all quite familiar with in the modding community is the 'Nexus'.

However, news has come from the admins at Nexus, to a member of LL, to the LoversLab Times.

This reporter suggests referring to my Mod Organizer thread. Important updates appear there any time they happen.

Trojan viruses have been installed into the systems of some recent downloaders of Mod Organizer's "new uploads".

The LoversLab Times will keep you informed of recent viruses and cyber-attacks, so stay tuned.

From logo.png

• this is AwfulArchdemon, reporting LIVE!!

• 3 months later...

The LoversLab Times

The "Nexus Hacker" has returned to pollute its mods with viruses. In my last report, I mentioned he uploaded a virus in place of Mod Organizer. It would seem he retains his power over the Nexus.

Robin Scott, also known as DarkOne, the site's Administrator and owner, recently let it be known that SkyUI has also been hit by this hacker, along with:

• ApachiiSkyHair for Skyrim
  • Fallout 3 Redesigned - Formerly Project Beauty for Fallout 3
  • Project Nevada for Fallout New Vegas
  • Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 for Oblivion

This report was shown in an article here, on the Nexus.

"Things have been tidied up and the threat has been removed", states Scott. This reporter believes it is more accurate to say they've been removed again. The hacker likely still lurks on the Nexus. This reporter suggests having MalWare Bytes installed and ready to run.

Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Pro-1.60.1.100

The problem will not go away on its own, so this reporter feels the Nexus should deal with this criminal, for the sake of all mod users. It would be a shame to think this hacker could just do this again later, if he so chooses. If the hacker is not found and dealt with, it would demonstrate that the Nexus has low security, and needs to be introduced to a stronger security measure. Especially if they cannot find the perpetrator.

Be extra careful when downloading mods from Nexus. Once is bad enough, but this has happened many times now, and he has actually hacked a staff member's account, and used it to upload these viruses. Therefore, you should always scan any executable programs (.exe) before running them, no matter where you get it from. If you get a mod from Nexus, and it is an executable program, you probably have a virus. That's just one reason this reporter...never uses installers.

Reporting Live, from LoversLab...I'm AwfulArchdemon

Nothing to be sorry about! I'm really worried about this. I download from the Nexus all the time, and I use Mod Organizer now. I've downloaded and installed Malware Bytes, but it didn't find anything. Thank you for the heads up!

You're quite welcome. I'm glad to see you take advice. I promise I'll never steer you or anyone wrong.

I actually had a few more entries to add, but I learn of these things in school sometimes, and I forget to add them by the time I get home. Getting out of school means there is only one thought on my mind: MODDING. Everything else just escapes me. :P

I want to add some more articles, so I'll be paying more attention to the news, and the LoversLab Times. The people must know! :o

Btw, you have excellent taste in mod managers. ;)

Well they either need to update their security at Nexus, or they were in need of insurence money again. xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic._r66Q6BebR.png You never know!

Both. :mellow:

• 2 months later...

The LoversLab Times

Sorry for the delay, folks. AwfulArchdemon here, with another segment of The LoversLab Times.

In recent online news, nearly 360,000 records were stolen by hackers, from schools in Pennsylvania, Indiana and North Dakota. This applies directly to meA recent article from The Baltimore Sun explains how this has happened to students, alumni and faculty of other schools recently.

Quote - "Since January 2013, more than 50 colleges, universities and school systems across the country have been the targets of attacks that may have compromised personal information, according to the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, a California-based consumer-advocacy group". This quote from baltimoresun.com does not fill this reporter with joy.

If you'd like review the article yourself, it can be found here.

Live, from LoversLab, I'm  AwfulArchdemon, saying "Get off my school records!"

Archived